Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Shounen Ai and Yaoi Guild

Back to Guilds

A Guild dedicated to discussing Yaoi and Boy Love. 

Tags: yaoi, shounen ai, boy love, anime, manga 

Reply [Rant and Rave]_____GLBT, Life-Topics, Politics, Rants
[Personal] Why do people harass over orientation? Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kietsu

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2006 10:07 pm
O.k. I just saw something that pissed me and my friends off a bunch. I hate overly "religious" people. Jonyboy666, Jafreek, Aenslach, KaizokuSanji, his sibling, and were going to see Silent Hill today and when we got out of the movie we saw a van with anti homosexual propaganda. It had a picture of two guys kissing and said things like gay is not the way and s**t. We were all pissed off, because all of us are either homosexuals, bi, or have very close friends who are. One of my close friends got beaten up and had to go on crutches for a while because she is a lesbian. I see something seriously wrong with this. This truck was saying things like only god, and not tolerance (I can't remember, and I'm too tired to give a damn about saying it right), and well, if you're really trying to follow in God's and Jesus's words and sentiment than you're the evil and blaspheming ones. God made people the way they are, hense he/she/it (whatever you beleive) made heterosexuals, homosexuals, bisexuals, transgenders alike. He (/she/it) doesn't descriminate, why should you? Another thing! One of Jesus's main teachings was tolerance. If you try to follow his footsteps, remember what he taught dumb ********. What gives you the right to twist his words to suit your intolerance and closed mindedness? I swear it's people like these that piss me off to no end.  
PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2006 10:22 pm
I know I'd be offended if I had seen that.... On a van? Really? That van would be run off the road here. I live in an area that's pretty accepting (save for few individuals, bound to be haters everywhere) and many, MANY people would take offense to that.  

justamunkey

Exotic~Muffin

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 5:05 pm
I mean this as no offense to you or anyone here, or any of your friends, but the bible does in fact say 'Homosexuality is wrong' in lamens terms. One time this girl was like "All you fags are going to hell!" And I was like "It doesn't even say that in the bible!" And to my surprise BAM she whiped out her pocket bible ( rofl ) and opened right to the page (which was book marked) that said that. I felt kind of stupid was like "Yeah well... Suck it!" Then I ran. sweatdrop

There will always be people who are against it. It sucks, I know. But theres nothing we can really do other then try and show people that we're not evil or anything. That was just prefer a taoo life style.

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 5:49 pm
Exotic~Muffin
I mean this as no offense to you or anyone here, or any of your friends, but the bible does in fact say 'Homosexuality is wrong' in lamens terms. One time this girl was like "All you fags are going to hell!" And I was like "It doesn't even say that in the bible!" And to my surprise BAM she whiped out her pocket bible ( rofl ) and opened right to the page (which was book marked) that said that. I felt kind of stupid was like "Yeah well... Suck it!" Then I ran. sweatdrop

There will always be people who are against it. It sucks, I know. But theres nothing we can really do other then try and show people that we're not evil or anything. That was just prefer a taoo life style.

Everyone interperates the bible their own way and the bible was written by man, so there are differences from the original text. If she could get a hold of the original text before the coppies and say that then I would beleive it. In the beginning when people would copy the bible, people would write notes in the margins. Sometimes those notes would be put into the actual test, therefore revising it. You cannot take the whole bible seriously and word for word because of that unless you have the original 0 text itself. No matter what anyone says, the majority of the bible was written by man, and falls under the whim of man. You must think for yourself to be really in touch with God's and Jesus's teachings  

Kietsu

Ace of Blue Spades

Questionable Cat

32,450 Points
  • Enemy of the Goat 25
  • Festive Eye 50
  • Tree's the Season 100
PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 11:50 pm
In my mind, the whole "Let he who has not sinned throw the first stone" kind of outweighs all else. I mean, even if gay people are doomed for Hell it doesn't mean straight people have the right to persecute them, as that passage seems to say. After all, we're all sinners in one way or another.

Sidenote: Exotic-muffin, I love your siggie. It's hilarious. xd  
PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2006 10:10 am
When I see people doing that I can't help but doing something about it :/ last time it happened when I was in Quebec taking some French classes, the teacher was gay and so was half of the group. We went to visit the parliament and there was this mand with propaganda against same-sex marriage, we bombarded him with questions and rational thoughs. He left =D

Sadly, not all react very nicely~ So it's better to be careful.

Sweet Toxine

[OMFG NARKI]

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2006 2:02 pm
Exotic~Muffin

That's just insanely stupid. Neither me nor any of my friends that have read the Bible - including the hordes of people I've befriended on the Internet from both the left and the right of the political spectrum - has found anything that said anything like that. There are bits that can be viewed as being against homosexuals - sure - but I don't really see the logic in that as it's against the main concepts of Christianity. The argument that you should love every one at the same time as you should hate these people makes little to no sense to me.  
PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2006 3:58 pm
Narki
The argument that you should love every one at the same time as you should hate these people makes little to no sense to me.

Exactly. When the bible says that you sould love every one no matter how different they are and then it goes around saying that you should be against people who are homosexual is just contradicting itself. If you truely were a true Christain you wouldn't care if they were homosexual or not. After all, just because they are different from you doesn't mean that they're not human too. They're blood, bone, and flesh as well. Seriously, doen't the bible say to treat others the way you would want to be treated?  

volley15

15,200 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Elocutionist 200

[OMFG NARKI]

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2006 8:12 am
The reason for all the contridictions in the Bible - I guess - is because to start off the collected works within were written by a great deal of peole to begin with, and with over a millenia on its neck its not really strange that people have modified and changed it to fit their motives and beliefs.  
PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2006 10:21 pm
[ Message temporarily off-line ]  

Kimatsuhara

Lunar Kissed

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2006 9:48 pm
The Christian Bible might condemn male homosexuality, but it never says anything about female homosexuals. Does anyone else find this lack of equality amusing? Besides it is filled with visions and interpretations. The language is horribly mangled at times due to translation errors, random additions, and there is all this talk going on about the missing books that have been excluded. Makes you wonder what heretical passages they contained, doesn't it?  
PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2006 11:21 am
Kietsu
O.k. I just saw something that pissed me and my friends off a bunch. I hate overly "religious" people. Jonyboy666, Jafreek, Aenslach, KaizokuSanji, his sibling, and were going to see Silent Hill today and when we got out of the movie we saw a van with anti homosexual propaganda.
Do they honestly make that stuff? I've never seen anti - homosexual stickers. surprised ! New lesson for me.

Quote:
It had a picture of two guys kissing and said things like gay is not the way and s**t. We were all pissed off, because all of us are either homosexuals, bi, or have very close friends who are.

So do I, but if someone is religious or just doesn't believe in homosexuality sometimes we will get into debates or just laugh at them.
Quote:

One of my close friends got beaten up and had to go on crutches for a while because she is a lesbian. I see something seriously wrong with this.

That isn't right. No one should be beaten up because of their sexuality. It happens though. I don't believe someone should be judged based on their sexuality or thought they are perverted because of it. I have close friends who are not straight and you would never guess they were homosexual, lesbian or bisexual. Sexuality is apart of them, not them, themselves. ( Make sence? )

Quote:
This truck was saying things like only god, and not tolerance (I can't remember, and I'm too tired to give a damn about saying it right), and well, if you're really trying to follow in God's and Jesus's words and sentiment than you're the evil and blaspheming ones.

I think there needs to be a balance here. They need to respect people who are homosexual, bisexual and lesbian. But, the people who are bisexual, lesbian and homosexual ( or supporters ) need to respect other people's opinions on the matter as well.

Not everyone is going to be able to accept or even respect the fact that there are different sexualities in the world. But that should be the time where you just shrug your shoulders and say " This is me love me, for me. That is all that I am, that is all you can take. "

"evil" is defined in many ways and I believe also that "evil" is based on different opinions. It's all in the eye of the beholder.

Quote:
God made people the way they are, hense he/she/it (whatever you beleive) made heterosexuals, homosexuals, bisexuals, transgenders alike. He (/she/it) doesn't descriminate, why should you?

God gave free will to all man. Earth was a gift of free will.
He ( I'll use he, because I am comfortable with that. If you believe other wise, substitute 'he' with your belief. )
created all man in his image. Hence Adam and Eve.
Once Eve and Adam eat ( or took a bite of ) the apple they had created sin.
In God's eyes Homosexuality is perverse. He condemns the sexuality as a sin, but not the person.
He still loves homosexual, lesbians and bisexuals, but curses their sexuality as sin.
He believes no one should cast stones at one another until they have pointed out their own sins in life.
So you are right, for those who are Christian ( Lutheran, Morman etc. ) should know that until they have come clean with their own sins, they should not be so quick to judge other's sins.

Quote:
Another thing! One of Jesus's main teachings was tolerance. If you try to follow his footsteps, remember what he taught dumb ********. What gives you the right to twist his words to suit your intolerance and closed mindedness? I swear it's people like these that piss me off to no end.

Tolerance, Respectfulness, Acceptance and many, many other teachings.
But in the bible, he says that homosexuality is wrong. ( not the person, but the sexuality )
But you are right.
It's the down fall of all religions who take bits and pieces of the bible to better suit their needs.

I am agreeing with you, but also since you were angry when you wrote this, I believe that you needed to be corrected also. You brought up a good issue and I support you main idea. 3nodding

No I am not Christian Or a homosexual hater. I myself am Bisexual, been lesbian, straight then neautral, now I am just...bisexual.

Sezebel

UlooAloo

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 3:38 pm
Wow...thats crazy. Why would people do that? I say you protest against hetros and say that being straight is a sin. Yes, Im retarted, Im sorry, although that is basicly what the protesters against gays are saying. If there are no gays, then there are no straights. There was a girl in my fith period class, who beleived that being gay was wrong because reproduction cannot occur. Does she want us all to have sex just for the sake of reproduction? I am going to go with the whole "Love is love." line. I beleive people are entitled to their own opinion, but they should not hurt people or force their opinion on others.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2006 8:15 pm
Kietsu
One of my close friends got beaten up and had to go on crutches for a while because she is a lesbian. I see something seriously wrong with this.

I think that is just wrong. My friend told me abouther friend who got beat up (nearly killed) because he was gay. I'm also going to go with the whole "Love is love' thing. I think that even if you fall in love with someone of your same gender it doesn't matter. It's the love that matters.  

Kailta

Cjerd

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2006 6:52 pm
That's just wrong, blatantly stating things like that publically! I'm okay with people having that opinion and talking about it with people who aren't offended in their homes or something, but parading things like that on the internet or across the street, or in the news or something pisses me off. And I'm a heterosexual and I feel this way, I have to wonder how pissed homosexuals and bisexuals get.  
[Rant and Rave]_____GLBT, Life-Topics, Politics, Rants

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff