Reply Fantasy Books Guild
The Ruby Throne - Author Unknown

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Geek Mama

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2006 2:30 pm
It was suggested by someone I know that I read a series called The Ruby Throne or something incredibly similiar. He wasnt too sure of the title and I didnt catch what he said the authors name was.

If anyone could help me out, Id really appreciate. Im looking for the name of the author for this series.  
PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2006 3:12 pm
Since I've never heard of it, I consulted Amazon. n.n" That website is so useful. I love it. Anyway, to continue.

Reign of Shadows (The Ruby Throne Trilogy, Book 1) by Deborah Chester.

Summary: For over nine hundred years, the Emperor Kostimon has sat upon the Ruby Throne. He bargained with the dark gods for his immortality-and now he and his kingdom will have to pay the price.

Average customer review is about 4.5 stars.

Shadow War (The Ruby Throne Trilogy, Book 2) by Deborah Chester.

Summary: The Kingdom of Imperia is threatened by an unspeakable evil--and only Caelan E'non, a champion gladiator, possesses the power and courage to combat it.

Average customer review is four stars.

Realm of Light (The Ruby Throne Trilogy, Book 3) by Deborah Chester.

Summary: The death of Emperor Kostimon has unleashed the dark gods upon the kingdom of Imperia--and only the Lady Elandra and the warrior Caelan have the power to save their land and people.

Average customer review is three stars.

So, unlike most series, it seems to get worse to people as it progresses. All of them are out in paperback, according to Amazon. Short summaries, though, huh? I'd give my opinion, but as I've said, I've never even heard of the books before this. I just cheat. n.n  

NightIntent
Captain

Geek Mama

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2006 3:35 pm
Thanks!

Cheating or not, its been really useful. Ill have to see if the library has that particular author and their work.

It kind of makes me apprehensive since it seems to get worse as it goes on, but that could be for various reasons.  
PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2006 3:51 pm
Not a problem.

t could just be that people who liked the first books didn't review, so they reviewed the series as a whole. Or jsut the personal tastes of the people. I didn't look at the reviews, just the average.  

NightIntent
Captain

Lady_Altheia

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2006 9:55 pm
That series sounds interesting. I will have to check it out. I don't go by the reviews much. A three stars isn't that bad.  
PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 12:11 pm
I often dont look at reviews at all, to be honest. Im quite content to simply pick out a book and start reading.  

Geek Mama

Fantasy Books Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff