Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Shounen Ai and Yaoi Guild

Back to Guilds

A Guild dedicated to discussing Yaoi and Boy Love. 

Tags: yaoi, shounen ai, boy love, anime, manga 

Reply [The Pocky Shop]____Discussion Of Pre-Existing Creations (Anime/Manga/Books)
What is your favorite yaoi manga? Explain why you like it to Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do you like yaoi manga?
  yes
  no
  depends on the story line
View Results

lilwerewulf

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2006 10:55 am
I was wondering what was your favorite yaoi manga. Please tell me why you like it and what it is about.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2006 3:19 pm
My favorite yaoi manga has got to be Haru wo Daiteita. Unfortunately, it seems that I'm one of two people on the entire guild whose read it! crying Everyone should read it! Anyway, I started a thread on it here, but like I said, no one else seems to have read it around here, which is a crying shame considering how beautiful the art and the story are.  

For-Chan Cookie
Captain

7,900 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Clambake 200

LadyNox
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2006 6:02 pm
I don't have an absolute favorite yaoi manga. I do have ones that I hold close to my heart. One being Kizuna. First of all it's by Kodaka Kazuma who I worship, along with Bohra Naono. Second it has a great story. I like watching stories where established couples work to keep their relationship together. I like when they deal with real life themes. Though they are pretty open, they are hiding their relationship from a lot of people. That's an interesting add on their already complex lives and it does put a certain burden on their relationship. I also love Kodaka Kazuma shounen manga style. Shoujo bubbles and panels with the character + flowers bore me. The sex scenes are hot too. But that is always the case with Kodaka-sensei so that goes without saying. xd

Aside from that, anything by Bohra Noano and Minase Masara apparently. These three authors pwn my soul.  
PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2006 6:31 pm
VIEWFINDER!!!!!!!!!

the best manga ever!!!!!! asami is a god!!! the story is full of semes and domination and all that wonderful kinky sex stuff!!!!! heart heart heart  

Renegade Jarlaxle

Kitsune-chi

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2006 7:50 pm
Technically it would be more established as BL than Yaoi, but I have to say that my favorite BL/yaoi/whatever you wish to call it/ manga would be Loveless. I love a series with such strong underlying and undeniably allegorical messages, from the "predetermined names" and the fact that the spells are conducted simply through speaking. It's really a wonderful series in my opinion, and I want to write an essay on it. For fun XD But if you can get over the sort of shouta themes than I think it's great.

And usually I don't touch Shouta with a.. thirty-nine and a half foot poooooole! (Anybody who can get what I just referenced gets a domo in thier honor domokun ) But thass' just me. XD  
PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2006 8:15 pm
Renegade Jarlaxle
VIEWFINDER!!!!!!!!!

the best manga ever!!!!!! asami is a god!!! the story is full of semes and domination and all that wonderful kinky sex stuff!!!!! heart heart heart

I second that! I more partial to Fei Long because he seems like an uke around Asami, but he's just as bad. heart

Actually, I love every manga I've read by Yamane Ayano...  

Trickster Kitsune

Moonlight_Shadow12

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2006 11:18 pm
[ Message temporarily off-line ]  
PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 9:11 pm
Trickster Kitsune
Renegade Jarlaxle
VIEWFINDER!!!!!!!!!

I second that! I more partial to Fei Long because he seems like an uke around Asami, but he's just as bad. heart

RIGHT ON. Amazing art, kink, and even without the gloriuos sex the story is well written, complex, and holds enough angst to light my fires.

My second would be all the lovely oneshots and stand-alone manga by Sumomo Yumeka. Brings a tear to my eye every time.  

xKelpiex

Tassa

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 4:29 pm
Most of the ones I like are unlicensed here, but I'll list 'em anyway!

Under Grand Hotel (UGH)- I don't have a solid reason why I like this one, but a few aspects I enjoy about it is that it takes place in America and a prison (yey.), and that Sen and Sword (main char.) are different races, because I always love that difference and originality (tired of seeing white asses everywhere xp ). I also love the art and storyline; tres lovely.

Anything by Naona Bohra- She's just the best and I love all of her stories, and the smex is just beautiful. I love her unexpected pairings (middle-aged ukes or semes, reincarnated teenage semes = pure love).

Tyrant Who Fall in Love (<- English title)- The art is lovely and the story is great; homophobic uke with horny seme! Yea, yea!

Kaze no Yakue- It's really sweet, and Akira (uke) is just adorable. The stories are great and lovey-dovey. And I love the character depth in this one.

Sachiyo Sawauchi- She does absolutely gorgeous art! Her semes are just... *drool*

I have lots more, but I don't have the space to anme them all! So deal with this for now. heart

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 9:46 pm
Love Mode - This is perhaps my top favorite at the moment. (I'm assuming that this topic was meant for adult manga so this is the posting you will receive.) There are several couples relating to the Blue Boy club and it is interesting to see how their relationships connect to each other. It is not only funny but also heart-wrenchingly sad at times too.

Shinobu Kokoro - As a one-shot volume of stories it is a cute little pleasure to read. The ninjas are greatly entertaining. I hope to read more good stuff from the manga-ka of this book.  

Lunar Kissed

MooMooJuice

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 11:04 am
Reverse..?
Would that even be considered yaoi? I haven't even seen anything happen yet. xD;
Oh but is it funny. <3 I like funny fluffy stories the most, and Reverse just kinda fits that description. ^^

There are other ones that I like, but that's the only one that comes into my head right now.  
PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2006 10:00 am
My favorite manga is Invoke, because I love the characters and the setting. In the virtual world that they have access to, the two main characters have an endless amount of appearances, but you can still tell it's them. Also, there are many different games they go to, from fantasy to schools, so the setting possibilities are endless.  

Seijaku_Ishida

8,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Brandisher 100

Renegade Jarlaxle

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2006 12:56 pm
Trickster Kitsune
Renegade Jarlaxle
VIEWFINDER!!!!!!!!!

YES! anything by ayano yamane is *awesome* heart heart heart  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 2:38 am
xKelpiex
Trickster Kitsune
Renegade Jarlaxle
VIEWFINDER!!!!!!!!!

RIGHT ON. Amazing art, kink, and even without the gloriuos sex the story is well written, complex, and holds enough angst to light my fires.

My second would be all the lovely oneshots and stand-alone manga by Sumomo Yumeka. Brings a tear to my eye every time.

YEEEES, VIEWFINDERRRR!
It's THE best xD I'd DIE without it!
I agree that Ayano Yamane-sensei makes awesome manga. I read some neat oneshots by her too, and I LOVE HER. And he loveprize extras xD RAHHAHA! They always make me laugh, Asami's such a stalker!
And
Asami is teh sex.
m'just sayin'.

User_2629207

Sheard

Man-Hungry Kitten

9,750 Points
  • Married 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Cat Fancier 100
PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 11:19 pm
Madness - I think I'm the only person on Gaia who has heard of this one, let alone likes it. It has nice art... All the images used in my profile came from this manga.

Why I like it? -
It does some things that I haven't really seen other manga do. In this case, it's get yaoi then toss in happy things like blood, violence, and a strong female character that's really great.

The only downside to this one is that it's not licensed (and probably wouldn't ever be based on what I see on store shelves.) Scanlations for this series is still ongoing.. probably about 1/2 way through the second of two volumes.  
[The Pocky Shop]____Discussion Of Pre-Existing Creations (Anime/Manga/Books)

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games