Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian British Guild

Back to Guilds

A haven for British Gaians, and those sympathetic to their peculiar ways! 

Tags: britain, british, United Kingdom, english, england 

Reply Gaian British Guild
Why me? Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

wodewose

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2005 3:58 am
My wife has been given 10 years to live....
It sounds a lot, but when you consider my parents were married for almost four decades before my Dad passed over, it`s not much is it?
(yes, I`m an old git, in my 30`s...)
It`s like Gandalf said.."All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."
I intend to make it as happy as I can for her, she deserves no less.

crying  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2005 7:27 am
There's not a lot I can say. I'm sure you're up to it though, happiness is a fine pursuit. Unless we are presented with a time-scale though, very few of us do anything but waste our time with an insipid existence.  

Invictus_88
Captain

Moomba666

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2005 8:50 am
All i can say is that i am sorry for this bad news. Take Gandalf's advice and make those ten years the most enjoyable of both of your lives, and never give up hope.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2005 10:01 am
And who knows? Pursue happiness, make it a wonderful 10 years, and it's always possible that she might have a little longer.  

Vanilla Pod

Boolean Julian
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2005 2:45 pm
Well, we're all going to die in the next 50 years or so from the Yellowstone Park supervolcano. Just enjoy everything while it lasts.
Live for the moment: a philosophy which, despite my intentions, I utterly fail to live by. I worry too much.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 12:00 am
Im sorry to hear this. There isnt anything i can say that will take away this pain. But live life to the full in the 10 years she has.

And hell, we might be dead by May15, beacause the bible code apparently says so, apparently nuclear war, might have something to do with the Nuke dispute going on now. (not the Iraq one, the other one)  

Teta the punisher

illyrianth
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 1:22 am
Our sympathies are with you both at this time, but I have to say this...Ten years is a LONG time in the medical profession, in the world of science. Who is to say but that within 2 years they will likely have an answer to whatever threatens? I shall sincerely hope so, for you both.

Gum til do cheum, as gach cearn, fo rionnag-iuil an Dachdaidh.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 2:29 am
thank you all
Love will find a way.  

wodewose

Days of Empire

Mega Genius

7,750 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Overstocked 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 6:18 am
Stay hopeful, stay happy.

I wouldn't be surprised if, presented with a timescale, you end up accomplishing more, seeing more, enjoying life more in those ten years than you would in 50 ordinarily.

Dare I ask what the cause is?  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 9:23 am
illyrianth
Our sympathies are with you both at this time, but I have to say this...Ten years is a LONG time in the medical profession, in the world of science. Who is to say but that within 2 years they will likely have an answer to whatever threatens? I shall sincerely hope so, for you both.

That's a fair point, I hadn't thought of that.  

Boolean Julian
Crew

wodewose

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 10:50 am
Erix Griffon
Stay hopeful, stay happy.

I wouldn't be surprised if, presented with a timescale, you end up accomplishing more, seeing more, enjoying life more in those ten years than you would in 50 ordinarily.

Dare I ask what the cause is?

When she developed type 2 diabetes it caused a drastic chemical change in her body that`s caused Chirrosis and a non-infectious form of severe hepatitus.Basically her liver is turning into solid scar tissue.Also her body can no longer retain Vtamin D or Calcium, her bones are also becoming brittle....  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 4:21 pm
What tomorrow brings we cannot know...  

Arivel

Slightly Eccentric

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 12:16 am
wodewose
Love will find a way.

My Sympathies. I can't say more than already has been said. <3.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 11:40 am
I feel deeply sorry for you. Make these 10 years amazing for yourself and her, go crazy and go travelling. Anything you want to do, do it. Make it a magical experience and make her happy.  

Naomi Nya

Bono Vox

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2005 4:45 pm
love will find a way, love will get you through, dont get stuck in the moment. love will be holding you, love will bind you, you just gota carry each other through it, love will keep you. dont break, dont cry, keep going and enjoy each other. give her the time of her life.
we are all packing our bags for a place we have never been. be happy as she will be in good hands, be joyful as she will suffer no more, before it happens be hopeful that there will be a cure, be hopeful that there will be a miracle drug. trust in the Lord as your keeper.
i am very sorry to here this sad
love is all that you cant leave behind.
heart heart heart
i pray that there will be peace within you both.  
Gaian British Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff