Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Back to Guilds

Achieve your weight loss goals! 

Tags: weight loss, weight, health, overweight, exercise 

Reply Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)
Motivation

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

RHShipper

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2006 2:23 pm
I just can't find it in me to get motivated to work out. Currently I have just half a ton of stuff to be doing. I'm at rehershals Tuesday to Thursday 4 - 5.30. After that I've got half a ton of work for my exams which are in like 4 weeks. And around all this I'm meant to be revising.

Alas, mebbe its just this week has been killing me. But I just can't keep up the motivation to deal with all this rubbish in school and then come back and work out.

Just wondering how everyone here deals with fitting in time to work out around everything else.

heart  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2006 5:36 pm
I get my workouts by going places. I walk to and from my Weight Watchers meeting (half an hour each way, walking fast, is a moderate workout), to and from the grocery store, to and from synagogue (that's a more leisurely walk, but it's just as much distance), and on other errands throughout the week. I also make a point of going for a walk every Saturday afternoon and every Sunday, when there's plenty of time to wander at will and then turn around and come home.

Walking is good for the legs, heart, lungs, and general health. It won't be a good abdominal workout, though, and it won't strengthen your upper body muscles. For that, lifting groceries, cleaning things, or playing around with children or pets usually helps. It's not high-intensity enough to really build much muscle, though, and you do want to build muscle. Muscle burns fat; fat doesn't burn fat.  

Divash
Vice Captain

Eloquent Conversationalist

3,700 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300

hiroshi726
Crew

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2006 8:25 am
I dont know how I have time. Im at practice monday thru thursday for 3pm to 4:30 sometimes longer and then I have to wait an hour for my ride so I just like run around. theni have to do all my homework and if I have time I just run.  
Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games