Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

is this fun??
  No gimme gold...
  um...GOLD!!!
View Results

x Syphie x

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2006 10:09 pm
Three friends check into a motel for the night and the clerk tells them the bill is $30, payable in advance. So, they each pay the clerk $10 and go to their room. A few minutes later, the clerk realizes he has made an error and overcharged the trio by $5. He asks the bellhop to return $5 to the 3 friends who had just checked in. The bellhop sees this as an opportunity to make $2 as he reasons that the three friends would have a tough time dividing $5 evenly among them; so he decides to tell them that the clerk made a mistake of only $3, giving a dollar back to each of the friends. He pockets the leftover $2 and goes home for the day! Now, each of the three friends gets a dollar back, thus they each paid $9 for the room which is a total of $27 for the night. We know the bellhop pocketed $2 and adding that to the $27, you get $29, not $30 which was originally spent. Where did the other dollar go????

PM me for answer...!  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2006 10:54 pm
My PM's arent working, my comp is being stupid. if he over charged $5 then that would mean the room was only $25. Then 2 girls paid $9 and the other paid $7 making $25, they also all get $1 back so add 25 + 3= $28, plus the $2 the clerk made which all adds up to $30.

o.o;; I like math.

Kohana Ichibana

9,350 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Love Machine 150

Blacula

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 9:30 pm
Kohana Ichibana
My PM's arent working, my comp is being stupid. if he over charged $5 then that would mean the room was only $25. Then 2 girls paid $9 and the other paid $7 making $25, they also all get $1 back so add 25 + 3= $28, plus the $2 the clerk made which all adds up to $30.

o.o;; I like math.

Good job I had no idea what was going on. biggrin  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2006 5:20 pm
Kohana Ichibana

o.o;; I like math.

I've heard that one before. ^^  

Emerald Sun

it_landry

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2006 7:55 am
Kohana Ichibana

o.o;; I like math.

good job, you are a real math wizard.... but you know what.... i want to be a 'Pinball Wizrd'. The Who rock.  
PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2006 4:05 pm
it_landry
Kohana Ichibana

o.o;; I like math.

good job, you are a real math wizard.... but you know what.... i want to be a 'Pinball Wizrd'. The Who rock.

Hahaha, I love that song! Unfortunately, I'm bad at most games, and math. sweatdrop I guess I haven't found my wizarding specialty yet...  

CnnmnSpider

Main Forum

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff