Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Shounen Ai and Yaoi Guild

Back to Guilds

A Guild dedicated to discussing Yaoi and Boy Love. 

Tags: yaoi, shounen ai, boy love, anime, manga 

Reply [Rant and Rave]_____GLBT, Life-Topics, Politics, Rants
Predjudice Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Has something like this happened to you???
  Once or twice...
  More then enough times...
  Nope!
  ^.^ For people who don't want to read my rant!
View Results

Exotic~Muffin

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 12:31 pm
Alright so today I was pulled out of class by my assistant principle, and at first I thought 'It must be because I petitioned to start a GSA in my school'. Well as soon as I leave the class I see two cops standing there and I was like --> neutral . In all honesty, i'm not a big guy (5'5", 117lbs.) so I couldn't for the life of me understand why they needed two cops. Then I started thinking they were going to arrest me for wanting to start the GSA ---> gonk .

As it turns out they were doing 'random' searches of people and checking for drugs. I was searched, practically to the point of stripping to nothing, and only after I had gone through a nurse inspection was I allowed to return to class.

I'm not one to hold a grudge but after finding out that I wasn't the only gay kid who was searched, including my boyfriend. In total 28 out of the 50 kids who signed the petition to join the GSA were searched. And when thats compared to the other 9 who wern't a part of the GSA that were searched, it's crud!

--> mad

I just wanted to know if anyone else has ever gone through something like this before. Obviously everyone has had something predjudicial done to them but I mean like at school, where it's supposed to be equal rights. I think it's disgusting personally...

Mauimango7: I'm sure muffin won't mind me editing his post...^^;

But it's funny that this came up. Tomorrow is an important day.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Everyone should do this! It's a good way to protest people being mean.

More info can be found on the site www.dayofsilence.org  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 1:20 pm
That's kinda.. weird.. That's never happened to me x.x I mean they did a drug raid on my school once but no one was privately searched you know? Why would they only check people apart of the GSA though? Maybe it was a coincidence? x.x /confused  

Angelic Calamity

Fire_in_your_eyes

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 1:35 pm
Man, that's just not right! scream That was so not a coincidence. They did it on purpose.

Even though I personally haven't gone through something like that, one of my friends was banned from attending his senior prom because he wanted to go with his boyfriend, saying that if they went in they would be in danger from prejudice. That was so not right. The administration were the ones who were prejudice just because my friend was openly gay! And he was one of the most popular guys in school. No one was going to do anything to him. I was shaking with anger, and me and my friends started a petition on a roll of toilet paper. My boyfriend had to take me home early cause I was planning on doing something *cough, cough*illegal*cough, cough* to one of the administrations cars. I couldn't help what I was thinking. I was angry scream My friend was also kicked out of homecoming just for kissing his boyfriend (and it was a peck. no tongue. it didn't even last for three seconds). We crowded around him when the administration tried to remove him with force. It was funny seeing three administrator's trying to wrestle with his boyfriend though. They had to call the cops to ask us to leave. After I had threatened to sue an administrator for sexual harassment at the homecoming they kind of avoided confrontations when ever I was around my openly gay friends. They feared me twisted At least my boyfriend held me back or else I would be in juvee right now sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 3:05 pm
Maybe they thought that GSA-thing (I'm not sure what it means *is dutch*, but I'll assume it has something to do with gays gathering or whatever, hehe) was some kind of cover for stuff involving drugs.. :/

Or maybe the school tried to scare you off for forming this GSA-thing.. =_=()

But it's wrong that they did that. I'd be raging mad if I were you.. I'd even go as far as to write an official letter of complaint to the director of the school (you don't necessarily need your parents for this, but if you're minor, it would be great if they would cooperate, it will definitely give your letter extra weight), with a CC to the police office that sent out those police officers.  

Naevara

Solo Duet

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 6:02 pm
Reading the comments above really disgust me D:

I'd kill them for you if I could =_=

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 8:39 pm
Rawr. That's just plain wrong. I've never seen something like that happen to someone I know, because I don't really know anyone, but hearing about it makes me so very mad.  

ShadowedMoonlight

Ruthless Sweetheart

Yo_Landa

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 8:54 pm
It makes me really angry when I hear stuff about that >< That's completely mental! I'd break something if it ever happened to me and I'm very close to breaking something now ><

Closed minded people make me sick.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 9:04 pm
I'll probably be posting a thread later about this (if I get approval), but get involved people!  

Mauimango7

[OMFG NARKI]

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2006 4:49 am
I guess one of the lucky few that haven't been crushed under the heel of oppression, but that's probably just because I'm not too open about my sexuality. Not out of fear or anything, I just don't view the fact that I like other boys as that much of a big deal (although that ought take take a U-turn the day I enter a solid, open relationship). Haven't even had anything even remotely close to as bad as in the stories posted above happening to either me or my friends, but I guess I'm just lucky. That said, it's not like the lingering threat of being stepped upon for one's sexual preference isn't present here... I just haven't personality been a victim of its poisonous venom yet.

To the rest of you... Wow. >.<
Just plain, all-out wrong. That's NOT supposed to happen in any modern and supposedly civilised society. Although such stories aren't precisely new to my ears and eyes each and every time I hear about such injustice it really angers me. Things have generally improved lately, sure, but we obviously have a long and hard path towards acceptance ahead of us, and one day we'll reach our goal.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2006 8:16 am
Pumkin0@ sweatdrop However much I would like to believe that this was only a coincidence... I highly doubt it was.

Fire_In_Your_Eyes@ My boyfriend didn't go to his semmi because he wasn't allowed to bring me. They told him 'it was because I was an underclassmen'. rolleyes Whatever we had our own party!

Naevara@ Sorry for not explaining it a little bit more. sweatdrop GSA = Gay Straight Alliance, which is supposed to be for like support, understanding and things like this. I'm seperated from my dad so that wouldn't work but me and a bunch of other people are all writing letters and doing "The Day of Silence".

Solo Duet@ whee Thanks! I'm generally the peace keeper, pleople are trying to start like a mob.

ShadowedMoonlight@ Maybe it happens a lot less then I thought which makes me happy. 4laugh

Yo_Landa@ Honestly I would have thrown a temper tantrum but police scare me so I was like "O-Okay..." Now that I think about it if I could go back I would have and bitched.

Narki@ Yeah, aparently it happens less then I thought which is cool. I'v been told that I "radiate gay-ness" so it's kind of hard to not hide my sexuality, per say, but to keep it to myself. Not to mention I'm living with my boyfriend... I hope we reach that goal someday soon, not to sound selfish or anything. redface

heart

Exotic~Muffin

ShadowedMoonlight

Ruthless Sweetheart

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2006 5:20 am
Exotic~Muffin

ShadowedMoonlight@ Maybe it happens a lot less then I thought which makes me happy. 4laugh

I hope that it really doesn't happen as often as you though, however the sad truth is that it's quite possible it does happen and I don't know of it because I am a home schooled child who doesn't get out much. sad I really would like to think that the people in my area are fairly open-minded though.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 11:43 am
That's terrible sad
A year back I got told there was something metally wrong with me for dating a guy and I was taken to a Shirnk from then on. I lied that I hate men to get out of there.

I was beaten up last week really badly by 5 jocks in my college when they found out I was gay. I have never been through such phyical agony before. I'm still healing now.

I can't understand why people think such a thing is wrong. It's love. They would think differently if they couldn't see their lover because or age or race, why is sexuality any different?

I hate it how peoples ignerence get infront of everything that matters thses days.

DeadlyxXx

volley15

15,200 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2006 10:08 am
All those things that those people are doing to all of you is sickning. Just because your different doesn't give them a right to make fun of you and hurt you! scream I have friends who are homosexual, even though I'm not, and to think of some one doing such things makes me want to cry. Lucky, I think my friends got the point when I perticipated in the day of silence. Predjutice is wrong. I wish all of you good luck. I love you all, friends?  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2006 1:14 pm
I was verbaly told infront of an entire line of people waiting to get into a school dance that the school doesn't allow same-sex couples to enter. (you get 3 bucks off the entry fee if your with a date)  

Syntria
Crew

Exotic~Muffin

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2006 12:50 pm
MistressPaco
I was verbaly told infront of an entire line of people waiting to get into a school dance that the school doesn't allow same-sex couples to enter. (you get 3 bucks off the entry fee if your with a date)

"Hey Mister, *smooch* Shes my sister!"

Sorry, random Rent line...

But thats even worse then what happened to me! You should have thrown a fit. I mean yeah, that would mean that some people could just go with friends and get two bucks off but that was a stupid deal in the first place. crying I hope you still got to dance with your girlfriend! heart

[Rant and Rave]_____GLBT, Life-Topics, Politics, Rants

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff