Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply PathWays
Judeo-Wiccan Or Something

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Cerulean Crayon

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 4:16 pm
I suppose it started with a guy named Adam, and his gal-pal Eve, and how they got kicked out of the Garden of Eden. I suppose it continues in religious school, when the rabbi says something I wish to argue against. I think the entire basis of my way of worship is Judiasm. I think that the holidays celebrated are great. I also think that if the Lord were with his people, the Holocaust would not have occured. Thus, I rebel, and I incorperate other practices in my personal worship, creating something that Orthodox Jews would consider blasphemous, and which I'm hoping some of you will understand. I mean, the Jewish songs, rituals, holidays...they all resonate on a chord that I understand. I celebrate Passover, Rosh Hashanah, all that, but I also am acutely aware of the solstices and equinoxes. I might not be Pagan or Wiccan, but there's a natural aspect, and such that Judiasm doesn't include.

Perhaps the fact that Rosh Hashanah (head of the year) is a harvest festival, led to this. Perhaps having a Pagan friend helped. Perhaps it's all rebellion against God, after seeing how the Holocaust affected my grandfather. Perhaps my birthday being the winter solstice influenced it. I'm not sure. I don't think anyone else has reached this exact blend, though I've heard of the "Jewitchery" web site (thanks to whoever gave me that link!). Whatever you call it, it's what I practice and what I hold true. I mean...

Tell me this's not a spell, or cannot be worked into one:
Shalom aleichem, malachei hasharet, malachei Elyon, mimelech malchei ham'lachim, HaKadosh Baruch Hu
Shalom upon you, O ministering angels, angels of the Exalted One--from the King Who reigns over kings, the Holy One, Blessed is He.

Bo-achem l'shalom, malachei ha-shalom, malachei Elyon, mimelech malchei ham'lachim, HaKadosh Baruch Hu.

May your coming be for shalom, O angels of shalom, angels of the Exalted One--from the King Who reigns over kings, the Holy One, Blessed is He.

Bar'chuni l'shalom, malachei hashalom, malachei Elyon, mimelech malchei ham'lachim, HaKadosh Baruch Hu.

Bless me for shalom, O angels of shalom, angels of the Exalted One--from the King Who reigns over kings, the Holy One, Blessed is He.

Tzeit'chem l'shalom, malachei hashalom, malachei Elyon, mimelech malchei ham'lachim, HaKadosh Baruch Hu.

May your departure be to shalom, O angels of shalom, angels of the Exalted One--from the King who reigns over kings, the Holy One, Blessed is He.

So...yeah.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 11:43 am
i get it, one of my best friends is roman catholic/ wiccan. she kind of blends the two together. i think its cool, how she creates every step on her path by herself, so kudos to you as well.  

aurora_girl_n_m

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 11:24 pm
When one considers that Paganism by it's nature is a removal from YHVH's theology, how would you merge the two together when there are strict prohibitons within the Jewish faith against working with other gods (such as the Wiccan Lord and Lady?)  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 3:22 am
I do not think you can be Wiccan and Cristian, not truely.
You can be a witch and christian to be certain and there are those who
are/were Wiccan and as part of protecting themselves and not outing themsleves would go to mass and partipath in thier christain community.  

ShadowSharrow

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 9:02 pm
Thaedydal
I do not think you can be Wiccan and Cristian, not truely.
You can be a witch and christian to be certain and there are those who
are/were Wiccan and as part of protecting themselves and not outing themsleves would go to mass and partipath in thier christain community.

Actually, as the application of the word Witch and Wicca became interchangeable within a number of Lineaged Wiccan's works, one could within the bounds of this thread use this as an apt title.

If you do disagree, perhaps you might wish to address this in your Pathways thread.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 6:18 am
Hello! I think that it is really great that you are blending what you know already into your own path. You are light years ahead of me! rolleyes  

wikkedpixie

SapphWolf

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 2:56 am
aurora_girl_n_m
i get it, one of my best friends is roman catholic/ wiccan. she kind of blends the two together. i think its cool, how she creates every step on her path by herself, so kudos to you as well.

How...on Earth do those two mix? Perhaps I'm just not being creative enough, but those seem to be like thick oil and water to me.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 7:12 pm
SapphWolf
aurora_girl_n_m

How...on Earth do those two mix? Perhaps I'm just not being creative enough, but those seem to be like thick oil and water to me.
By being a soft polytheist and imposting the different Mary's over the Goddess and YHVH and Yeshua over the god.  

TeaDidikai

Mistypaw

9,500 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Befriended 100
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 11:22 am
Hmm.. the creator of this thread hasn't been on in awhile... but I am also reading and working on how to merge some Wiccan elements into Jewish practice. It's not easy and I've a long way to go, but it seems to be getting easier as i find more sources that are relevant.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 5:59 pm
What about Kabbalah?  

Astrox

Nomad of Nowhere

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 12:41 am
Ever heard of "Jewitch"? Look it up. I used to be Jewish myself. It's true that my mother's ancestors aren't actually from Israel- as is common with many Ashkenazim. DNA tests confirm that she's quite Slavic. If I had to name one ancestral god on my mother's side, it's probably more Rod than YHVH. but I see no reason to separate the ancestral god of the Israelites from the equation completely just because some purists (according to the old testament) succeeded ages ago in destroying attempts to mix Hebrew, Canaanite, and/or Babylonian culture. Making it pagan wouldn't have been so hard, if you simply did as some did, and made Yahweh interchangeable with the semitic deity El.

As for being Wiccan, I think the best route may be the Kabbalah. It's an occult tradition that accepts feminine and masculine aspects of God.

Not only that, but there's also Asherah, or "Ellat" in the context of being El's consort. Now be aware that some could argue that the worship of YHVH with Asherah for a consort is just a bastardization that was caused by contact with the Babylonian culture, but there you have a god and goddess.

"Seest thou not what they do in the cities of Judah and in the streets of Jerusalem? The children gather wood, and the fathers kindle the fire, and the women knead their dough, to make cakes to the queen of heaven, and to pour out drink offerings unto other gods, that they may provoke me to anger."
—Jeremiah 7:17–18

Then there's that old inscription they found reading; "I have blessed you by YHVH of Samaria and His Asherah"

The Israelites had many pagans or pagan-influenced people in their number. The old testament can attest to the fact that traditionalists cracked down on them many times. Then they wrote a book from god's perspective to favor them, a book that says that Yahweh gave them victory against the Egyptian gods, against Baal, but it does not say that the Philistine gods defeated the god of Abraham when they lost the battle at Gilboa. Their perspective of what is occurring in the sphere of the divine is clearly bias, and while some people may have written that YHVH disliked Asherah's worship, others apparently believed he felt differently.

PathWays

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games