Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Back to Guilds

Achieve your weight loss goals! 

Tags: weight loss, weight, health, overweight, exercise 

Reply Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)
Some advice...

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

[Sinful Plastic]

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 3:35 pm
So, I'm starting a three day detox today that will lay precedent for the rest of my diet - hopefully anyway.

Any advice on how I can keep myself and track and make myself exercise. The worst part of weight loss is having to do thing outside underneath judgemental eyes. I judge myself enough already... sweatdrop

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 9:22 pm
Why don't you turn on something you like on TV, do some exercises you know (marching/ jogging on the spot even) while watching? That is what I do, and time usually flies by that way... 3nodding  

Chemicat

onnawaffle

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 6:34 am
Music! I know it's probably a no brainer but I love listening to music while excercising. My favorite music to listen to is stuff from DDR and (you're going to laugh at me for this one) LazyTown. It's all so upbeat and if I'm out on a walk I find myself trying to keep the beat with the music while I walk... which probably makes me look really stupid but I don't care. *L*  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 7:17 pm
*lol* Good ideas ladies. I've got one day down which is making me feel slightly victorious. I'm pretty sure that if I keep eating healthy and doing at least 30 minutes of exercise a day I can loose two kg's a week... Do you think that's a fair expectation?  

[Sinful Plastic]

Divash
Vice Captain

Eloquent Conversationalist

3,700 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2006 12:59 pm
Probably not too realistic, Angelic Starlight. You're better off thinking of losing one-half kilo to one kilo a week. There will be some weeks when you lose more, of course, and there will be some that you don't lose as much, but your overall average should be about 0.75 kilo per week, or 25 kilos or so per year. That's a healthy rate of loss.

Also keep in mind that the less you have to lose, the more slowly you'll lose. If you've got to lose 5 kilos and your best friend needs to lose 25 kilos, she'll probably be dropping two to three kilos a week at first, while you'll only drop a half-kilo to one kilo a week. As her weight approaches yours, her loss will slow down. Mind you, you'll probably still reach your goal before she reaches hers, but at least at first, her progress will be faster.

My Weight Watchers meeting leader said that in high school she was at her ideal weight, but she gained two pounds a year until she was 48. That's sixty pounds of weight gain over thirty years. When she thought about that, losing one pound a week and reaching her weight goal in only a year and a half didn't seem nearly so slow. In fact, it sounded downright speedy.  
Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games