Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Shounen Ai and Yaoi Guild

Back to Guilds

A Guild dedicated to discussing Yaoi and Boy Love. 

Tags: yaoi, shounen ai, boy love, anime, manga 

Reply The Official Shounen Ai/Yaoi Guild
Where do you buy your yaoi manga? Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 11 12 13 14 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Well?
  A option
  B option
  other
View Results

Ello Zombie

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 7:16 pm
SO, where?
I eathier: a) get it from a friend or b) buy it off the net.
EDIT: or c) Local book store. Some times Ill even go to a store called 75% off Books and thell have the ones in japanease for like 50 cents. so, yes. I like the pictures. wink  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 7:20 pm
Well, B for me too. And I also go to the local Borders/Waldenbooks to preorder and pick up my SA/Yaoi. ^^

morsmordere

Tipsy Hunter

Ello Zombie

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 7:22 pm
Syunkiss
Well, B for me too. And I also go to the local Borders/Waldenbooks to preorder and pick up my SA/Yaoi. ^^
^^ Im often too lazy to drag my a** to the store. smile Although I do get it there some times too.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 7:29 pm
I go to the bookstore. =3 Barnes and Noble, Borders, Books a Million...  

Nefalkarx

Ello Zombie

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 7:31 pm
HM, where would you go to buy some thing graphic? Interweb mabe.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 7:35 pm
The 18+ stuff?
Even though I'm underaged, they still let me buy the plastic wrapped stuff at the book store. :3 They carry it. Not so much Barnes and Noble, but I know Borders has a surprisingly large amount of it.

Nefalkarx

General Ninja Ferret

Demonic Master

24,350 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 8:01 pm
    Well, two of mine I got from a friend. Two from borders and two from when I went to Sakura Con.
    That's all i have...I mostly borrow Yaoi mangas.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 8:08 pm
Nefalkarx
The 18+ stuff?
Even though I'm underaged, they still let me buy the plastic wrapped stuff at the book store. :3 They carry it. Not so much Barnes and Noble, but I know Borders has a surprisingly large amount of it.
I wonder if I could do that here. Theyed prolly ID me or something.  

Ello Zombie

Mauimango7

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 8:18 pm
Nefalkarx
The 18+ stuff?

*runs off to Borders* o.o Lol, I should try buying some plastic wrapped stuff sometime...Just to see what happens. People are always suprised when I tell them I'm only 15. >.> "Really? I thought you were 18" "Is that your daughter she's so cute.' 'No, that's my little sister gonk " and so on.

As for buying, I'd buy it off ebay. Though all the yaoi manga I read is from my friends mom. And she doesn't know I'm borrowing it. Heh. (it's all the 18+ she has that I read) Oh, yeah, I forgot she's in this guild...better stop talking about her...

Oh, if you haven't read Desire yet, it's good (I think) so read it! lol.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 8:25 pm
I need to go to Borders then. o.o"

I usually go to Barnes & Noble.

squee choo.

Fashionable Smoker

Mauimango7

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 8:34 pm
Squee Choo
I need to go to Borders then. o.o"

I usually go to Barnes & Noble.

I used to go to B & N. Until they downsized their manga collection by a lot. The only thing is I never see any plastic wrapped ones....Oh woa is me...

I seem to like this thread...I keep posting. ^^;;  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 8:59 pm
I buy the majority of my manga at my local bookstores. I buy a lot of hard to find stuff at conventions or if I'm impatient, online, but mostly just bookstores.  

For-Chan Cookie
Captain

7,900 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Clambake 200

Kauhia

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 5:15 am
I don't have money. I draw my own XXDD
No, not really. I don't really collect manga.

It's weird, 5 years ago I was certain that you could never be able to go into a store and buy SA manga from the shelf where I live. And now they have Fake in every bookstore. It's weird. girls stand in groups around the shelves and read and giggle. Why didn't I have that?! I had to order everything from the net. Usually I couldn't be bothered.
Now it's suddenly the easiest thing in the world to turn fangirl.

This country is going down the drain and I kinda like it mrgreen  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 7:43 am
So maybe all those e-mails I got from Waldenbooks are good things to look at...*shifty eyes*

I don't like buying manga/books, since I don't always re-read them. I borrow from friends/the library/read free scanlations.  

Renee the Rabid Squirrel

Nimble Flatterer

10,900 Points
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Super Tipsy 200

morsmordere

Tipsy Hunter

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 8:50 am
RekaViera
HM, where would you go to buy some thing graphic? Interweb mabe.

Yeah, I'm a little late to respond. :3 But Borders is usually up on 'sealed' and imports. They usually have a wide variety, too. And I've never been asked for an ID.

The Official Shounen Ai/Yaoi Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 11 12 13 14 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff