Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Back to Guilds

Achieve your weight loss goals! 

Tags: weight loss, weight, health, overweight, exercise 

Reply Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)
Good Weight Loss Tips

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

kq_ncaeay

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 7:52 am
I've got some good weight loss tips for everyone that have helped me so far! I know some of you have probably heard a few of these before, but I found them helpful, and hope you will too.

exclaim Instead of three large meals a day, eat four or five smaller ones throughout the day.

exclaim As opposed to cookies, fatty foods, etc. for snacks, or starving yourself, try these healthy, delicious fruits and vegetables:
Apples
berries
broccoli
celery
grapefruit
lemon
mango
orange
pineapple
strawberries
watermelon

All of those are natural and healthy fat burners that can help alot with your weight loss!

exclaim Dairy products, such as milk, cheese, and low calorie yogurt are good when you're trying to lose weight, as well as whole grains. Eat these in small amounts, though.

exclaim For your workout regiment, try to combine at least 20 minutes of cardio (ex. walking, running, cycling, etc) with 30-40 minutes of other things, like crunches, push ups, benchpressing, etc. I promise you will lose weight!

exclaim After you work out, don't open the fridge and guzzle alot of water right away. You'll regain the water weight that you sweated off. So wait 90 minutes, that way your body refreshes itself naturally.

exclaim You should eat one portion of oily fish a week as it provides good fat. (Miya12)

exclaim It is also good to vary your workout routines because if you do a particular exercise everyday for a certain amount of time, your body will become used to it and you will have to work harder and longer to burn more calories. Otherwise, you will burn less calories. So if you decide to run one day and also do stretches, the next day you can do pilates or boxing. So basically, just mix it up and as for crunches and such, you will see that over time you will gradually be able to increase the amount you do. (Lita1692)

exclaim Drink lots of water! (Groovy Spleen)

If anyone wants to add other tips to this thread, feel free. :3

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 12:57 pm
you should eat one portion of oily fish a week as it provides good fat, 3nodding i love salmon heart i eat like a whole packet at once coz once i start on it i can't stop sweatdrop at least its good for me lol  

Miya12
Vice Captain

onnawaffle

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 6:44 am
*eyes oily fish*

Um... ew. What about us vegetarians out there? xp  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 8:55 am
Lady Leonardo
*eyes oily fish*

i thought some vegetarians ate fish and eggs eek , where do u get your ormaga 3 (sp) and iron? to u eat seeds and nuts?  

Miya12
Vice Captain

onnawaffle

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 10:45 am
I take vitamins... when I remember. I'll be the first to admit I'm deficient in a lot of stuff, but for the longest time my insurance wouldn't cover me going to see a... nutritionist I think they're called. It's something like that anyway. Now I think that's covered but I need to get my teeth fixed first. stressed

If it isn't one thing it's another! I have a growing list of "call the doctor/dentist/eye doctor" things unfortunately.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 9:12 pm
Lady Leonardo
*eyes oily fish*

I lived vegetarian for over ten years. For protein, get tofu/tempeh, beans, eggs if you eat them, and some nuts (not many, because they're very fatty). Olive or canola oil will give you the omega 3 fatty acids you need, while spinach and beets take care of the iron. For Vitamin B12 and others in the B-complex, go for brown rice; it's also good for fiber. If you eat a wide variety of fruits, vegetables, whole grains, healthy oils, and legumes, there's no reason you should need meat; even eggs and dairy can go, if you're conscientious about getting a wide variety of all the non-animal sources of nourishment.

One thing -- if you are pregnant or trying to become pregnant, don't go vegetarian at the same time unless you live with a long-time dedicated vegetarian who can help you prepare protein and vitamin rich meals. Cutting out meat, fowl, fish, eggs, and/or dairy while trying to let a living thing grow inside you is not healthy for the baby or for you. Either become a well-educated vegetarian long before you become pregnant, or continue eating your meat until you're done nursing.  

Divash
Vice Captain

Eloquent Conversationalist

3,700 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Acerbus nox noctis

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 6:55 pm
It is also good to vary your workout routines because if you do a particular exercise everyday for a certain amount of time, your body will become used to it and you will have to work harder and longer to burn more calories. Otherwise, you will burn less calories. So if you decide to run one day and also do stretches, the next day you can do pilates or boxing. So basically, just mix it up and as for crunches and such, you will see that over time you will gradually be able to increase the amount you do.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 8:11 am
wahmbulance Drink lots of water wahmbulance  

Groovy Spleen
Crew

A.Midnight.Whisper

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2006 9:27 am
-similar to Lita1692's tip-

Don't do the same exercise routine daily. If you do, your body will get used to it and eventually you will no longer be able to lose weight. Instead, have at least two or three different routines and rotate them, making sure to taget different muscles. The exercises may always seem hard to do, but that's a good sign. It means that your muscles are still working - but never overwork yourself.
=3

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 9:25 am
Flax seed.... It gives you wonderful Omega-3's. It is a grainy substances that can be added to anything (literally). You can put it in smoothies, eggs, breads... and the best part is, in most recipes you can substitute it for oil  

Aeren
Crew

Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games