Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Shounen Ai and Yaoi Guild

Back to Guilds

A Guild dedicated to discussing Yaoi and Boy Love. 

Tags: yaoi, shounen ai, boy love, anime, manga 

Reply [The Pocky Shop]____Discussion Of Pre-Existing Creations (Anime/Manga/Books)
[Monster]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Syntria
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 11:14 am
I just started this series, and wow. I'm loving it. ^_^

Has anyone seen it? No, it isn't yaoi nor shounen ai but still, something about it has really perked my intrest. I'm certain I'll be slashing Johna/Tenma pretty soon XD

So far it's about a surgon caught up in cruel politics in his hospital, and he keeps getting demoted because he's doing the right thing instead of the politically correct thing. XD That might not be an addiquit summery but it's close enough for now.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 1:46 pm
Haven't seen it, but just might look closer at it. Care to give us uneducated souls some more information? Curious here!  

[OMFG NARKI]

shojosparkles

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 3:35 pm
I saw it once and was thinking of buying. Is it really that good?  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 11:46 am
I think I took a quick scan of the summary when I searched through animenewsnetwork.com hmm since you mentioned it I think I'll start looking it up.  

jad3d

Shuichi_Yuy

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 10:45 am
It sounds cool i think i'll look into it more! ^_^  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 1:06 am
I've seen it, Its pretty cool X) I fell in love with Tewnma instantly (he's one of those nice guys, what can I say? X3) but his wife and that weird detective who's always moving his hand are pretty cool too.

I stopped watching it though, from what I could see it was just another of those massive series... and we where already downloading Naruto at the time so Meh...

The beginning and ending themes where uber pretty X)  

Yofiel

Iciak

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2006 5:14 pm
MistressPaco
I'm certain I'll be slashing Johna/Tenma pretty soon XD

I think you'll be slashing Grimmer and Tenma. Everybody ends up doing that. xD

Monster is brilliant, especially the manga, but I liked the anime, too. Once you finish it, try reading Urasawa's newer series, 20th Century Boys. It's equally good.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 11:32 pm
How'd I miss this thread?

I confess that I'm weak for Johan/Tenma too. In that order, of course. whee Kind of leaning a bit towards Johan/Karl, after that bit on the roof...and Johan crying and holding Karl's hand. It was so weirdly sweet...and surprising, I totally thought he was going to push Karl off the roof. sweatdrop  

palindrome88

Raphiday

Hopeful Zealot

18,340 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 12:00 am
Oh yeah, I've just finished Book 16 of this series, it is AMAZING! Anyway, as for who I slash, I have a blatant OT3: Johan/Tenma/Grimmer. I can see it now, Johan and Grimmer battling it out for Tenma's love, Johan being perversely and psychotically obsessed with Tenma while Grimmer just wants to have his picnic with him. I have two other OT3's in this series (Lunge/Eva/Martin and Nina/Lotte/Karl, yes, in THAT order), but that's another discussion for another time.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 1:04 pm
One of the greatest mangas of all time, if not THE greatest.  

KING KITTAN YEAHHH

Raphiday

Hopeful Zealot

18,340 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 4:04 pm
KING KITTAN YEAHHH
One of the greatest mangas of all time, if not THE greatest.

Can't argue with that, but what do you ship? smile It's really fun discussing shipping, but I want someone to talk to!

Dodogrrl, signing off! pirate heart  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 6:55 pm
I love Monster! I have to admit I actually ship the (non-yaoi gasp!) pairing of Johan and Nina. But then again I'm a complete perv, so...  

Insignificant Observer

Liberal Conversationalist

Raphiday

Hopeful Zealot

18,340 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 11:56 pm
Insignificant Observer
I love Monster! I have to admit I actually ship the (non-yaoi gasp!) pairing of Johan and Nina. But then again I'm a complete perv, so...

Don't worry, I love het pairings! Anyway, if the fandom's not shipping Johan/Tenma, they're shipping Johan/Nina. While I myself REALLY don't ship it, preferring to ship Nina with Lotte (gasp! a yuri pairing!), Peter (guy who asked her out in the beginning), or both Karl and Lotte (OT3!), I can slightly understand the appeal of Johan and Nina as a couple, I mean, Johan knows more about Nina than ANYONE.

I also ship het pairings in Monster, particularly Lunge/Eva and Eva/Martin, and sometimes Tenma/Nina when I feel like it, so don't worry, you're not alone in the love for het!

As for my yaoi OTP... that would be Tenma/Grimmer. I simply ADORE their interaction, and I really wanted them to have another picnic!

P.S. Aren't we all?  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 9:48 am
Dodogrrl
Insignificant Observer

Don't worry, I love het pairings! Anyway, if the fandom's not shipping Johan/Tenma, they're shipping Johan/Nina. While I myself REALLY don't ship it, preferring to ship Nina with Lotte (gasp! a yuri pairing!), Peter (guy who asked her out in the beginning), or both Karl and Lotte (OT3!), I can slightly understand the appeal of Johan and Nina as a couple, I mean, Johan knows more about Nina than ANYONE.

I also ship het pairings in Monster, particularly Lunge/Eva and Eva/Martin, and sometimes Tenma/Nina when I feel like it, so don't worry, you're not alone in the love for het!

As for my yaoi OTP... that would be Tenma/Grimmer. I simply ADORE their interaction, and I really wanted them to have another picnic!

P.S. Aren't we all?

Yes, yes we are. I really should have thought that out before I said it. Everyone is pervert, even if they are secretive about it. I'm just an open Perv!  

Insignificant Observer

Liberal Conversationalist

[The Pocky Shop]____Discussion Of Pre-Existing Creations (Anime/Manga/Books)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games