How traditional are you? Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Electric Uncle Akuma

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 9:08 pm
*yawn*

It's late, and I was thinkin' about how traditional I am in my rudeness.

I mean obviously we all have our rudie roots, right?

Third wave, for most maybe.
But just how traditional is your attitude, and style?

I'd personally say my style is very 1st wave or 2nd wave.
When I say style, I don't mean wave taste in music.
I mean more clothing choices.

For instance I'm very suit oriented.
Pin stripe, 3 piece, 2 or 3 button.
That's my bag of checkers.

My attitude on the other hand is probably a mix of all three with heavy 2nd wave influences.

Much more of a smart a** combined with a rude "Yeah, yeah" attitude.

On one last note, an odd one too:
What about your dancing?
I mean, I know there's not a real set "style"
But if you've done your rudie homework you know it was born out of old big band stlye dancing.
I have some of that, since I know how to do all those funky old dances. ^^;

What about you though? Are you more 1st/2nd/3rd wave oriented?

I'm interested to see how many people just love diggin' at those roots. cool  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 11:06 pm
I like the 1st and 2nd wave styles, but I still have to say I'm really really third wave. The punk style of the third wave just runs through my veins. I dress in a lot of checkers, and my good friend vans are always with me. I would say I do dig the suit style though.  

GIoom
Vice Captain

UreshiiNyoko

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 5:52 pm
I'm probably more third wave but not in the sense of punk or anything. more as in "by default" because I just didn't really get into the 1st, and 2nd wave styles for girls. If I were a guy I would definitely be more traditional.

attitude wise I'm probably more traditional though.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 8:22 pm
I definitely have a third wave style because that's what I grew up with. I wear mostly band t's, lots of skate brand stuff, and checker accessories.
My attitude, however, is probably closer to second wave. I'm more about unity, than anarchy.
And speaking of style, I don't own a three piece suit, but I wanna get one really bad. I was always a fan of them biggrin

Hmmm... lol I have no idea where my dance stems from though... it's kind of like a freestyle skank I guess xp  

McHuggies

Asthen

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 8:45 pm
clothes wise, i guess i'm third wave.
attitude/music wise, i'm second.
2tone ftw. heart  
PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2006 12:02 pm
Clothe-wise.. I dont look like a listen to ska.. I go from looking from a crusty, to punk, to homeless guy.. but whatever. I prefer 1st wave to any other ska genre.  

Crack Rock Steady

koolbeanzkt

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2006 5:12 pm
im pretty much all 3rd wave, but i do listen to alot of 2nd wave bands.  
PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2006 7:52 pm
My older brother says that I was bourn in the third wave but I act like a 2 tone kid.  

iSkank

[Play Ziggy]

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2006 7:07 pm
I'm definately in the 3rd wave area in everything... domokun

Though I do sometimes wear old school clothing I dun think it counts when you have big hair...

As for attitude...uh...I'm a smart a**. Woot and I perfer to core-skank, it's just so much fun <3

As for music, I be a 1st wave kiddie (for the most part). But of course I core-skank to 3rd wave stuff...feh I guess I skipped most of the 2nd wave of ska.  
PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2006 8:28 pm
hmm tough to say, i listen to more 1st wave bands then anything else, alot of skatalites alot of desmond dekker, but normally i just wear jeans and a band t-shirt supporting whatever band punk ska or otherwise so i guess thats no real ska style  

AnonymousJoe

Doctor Nope

O.G. Member

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 7:41 am
I think a little of all three, would would discribe me

Mostly third wave, but there are still time when I catch myself slipping from one era, into another.

I'm very much of smart a**, very "mHmm", "yeah yeah", "yeah okay"
oriented.
Style of clothing would probally be mainly 3rd wave, second wave occationally...
sorry but my dressing roots dont go back so far
I dig checkers, but as a gal I really dont dig suits...on me atleast

I like little of all three, though I do tend to lean tworads the third wave

Dancing...well
I cant swing, pretend yes maybe..yaya
But I can do a lot of swinging with my fists..hehehe
I dont really "dance" parsay, but I do move, to some extent.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2006 2:21 pm
Me

My everyday style is more 2nd wave following then anything
I wear dress pants
Either dress shirts, or bowling shirts
And either my vintage Pendleton wool hat
Or my Harrison tweed fedorra

Musically though,
I don't even consider 3rd wave "ska" anymore
If you wanna know why, PM me
But I LOOOOOVE traditional ska/reggae
And British stuff. You can't get me off of it
Some American stuff, but more like the jazzy/soul stuff ( The Slackers for example)

Dancing
1rst and 2nd mix
I can skank
I can twist
I can flow with the music
Oh, and I can do some basic swing dancing moves if I am at a more jazzy style concert  

King Of The Ska
Captain

DarkVice

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 2:44 pm
As far as my dress style goes I'm either dressed in a t-shirt, or collared shirt with tie, and either my patched/studded vest or a 2/3 button suit jacket. That paired with jeans, bondage pants, kilts, or patched and torn shorts. I prefer the traditional and skinhead fashion sense to that of the third wave.
Musically I dont care! theres good stuff in every wave, although I have to say that the traditional 1st wave has to be my favorite.
As far as dancing goes I skank no matter where I am..... ska show, punk show, psychobilly show, new wave show, doesnt matter. Althought sometimes you just gotta rocksteady it....  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 9:37 pm
I honestly don't really put myself in any of the waves. I listen to alot of 3rd wave, but I like all of them really.

As far as I dress, I just dress how I want to dress. Baggy jeans, t-shirt, hoodie, brimmed beanie, goggles. That's my cup 'o tea really. I like the suit deal, but I don't have the cash to shell out for all that. I'd settle for a fedora, but you wouldn't believe how hard it is to find one. I've been looking forever...

Music wise, I'm 3rd wave mostly, like I said. I like 2-tone, and 1st wave is alright. That's my deal.

Attitude. I'm me. I'm independent, speak my mind, and don't like to take crap from people. But I'm pretty chill.

That's me in a nutshell.  

Cue-Cue

Rude Discussion

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas