yes... Valiant was not good
  OMG! Yes! AWSOME!!!
  no
  GOLD!
View Results

CrownPrincessLaya

Heart Star

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 11:43 am
Have any of you either read Tithe or Valiant? They're both by Holly Black, one of the most AWSOME writers this side of the milky way! (I have really odd analogies) ^^  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 5:31 pm
Because I'm bored I'll put a link to Holly Balck's website on here:
http://www.blackholly.com/  

CrownPrincessLaya

Heart Star

NightIntent
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 5:46 pm
Two things. First one is on-topic, the second isn't.

First, I've read Tithe, but I've decided to not read Valiant. Why? Because, while I liked Tithe, I liked the ending as it was. It's a good ending. I don't need any loose ends tied up. Plus, I already have enough books on my to-read list without adding a book that I'm only half-interested in.

Second, please don't post saying it's been a long time and people need to reply. It's useless. This is a fairly slow guild, and there aren't that many members that come daily. Be patient, and no rushing people. I hate it, personally. In my opinion, it's spam. People also may not have read the books, or want to say anything about it. So, please, do me a huge favor and no more posting so much in a fairly new thread, simply because you want poeple to respond.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 10:28 am
I've read both and really liked them. By the way, Valiant isn't actually a sequel to Tithe. It takes place in the same world, but with new main characters. Ironside, which isn't out yet, is actually a sequel to Tithe.  

Ashanti Codex

CrownPrincessLaya

Heart Star

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 1:34 pm
NightIntent
Two things. First one is on-topic, the second isn't.

First, I've read Tithe, but I've decided to not read Valiant. Why? Because, while I liked Tithe, I liked the ending as it was. It's a good ending. I don't need any loose ends tied up. Plus, I already have enough books on my to-read list without adding a book that I'm only half-interested in.

Second, please don't post saying it's been a long time and people need to reply. It's useless. This is a fairly slow guild, and there aren't that many members that come daily. Be patient, and no rushing people. I hate it, personally. In my opinion, it's spam. People also may not have read the books, or want to say anything about it. So, please, do me a huge favor and no more posting so much in a fairly new thread, simply because you want poeple to respond.
First; cool, I understand, I'm in that type of stage right now too
Second; redface so sorry, won't happen again^^  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 1:36 pm
Ashanti Codex
I've read both and really liked them. By the way, Valiant isn't actually a sequel to Tithe. It takes place in the same world, but with new main characters. Ironside, which isn't out yet, is actually a sequel to Tithe.
You're right, but I did'nt quite know how else to phrase the relationship between the two books... oh, 'compainian' rrriiiiiggghhhttt sweatdrop
Ironside, a sequel, cool, I did'nt know that, do you know when it comes out?  

CrownPrincessLaya

Heart Star

NightIntent
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 7:03 pm
CrownPrincessLaya
Second; redface so sorry, won't happen again^^

Not a problem, just wanted to let you know. n.n"

If it's not a sequel, maybe I'll read Valiant. If I ever get around to it, but odds aren't good. I have way too much stuff I need to buy already, and not all of it is books.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2006 3:35 pm
OOOOOOOOO i LOVE those books!! They were really fon to read! I liked Valiant better....  

Hakumei_Tenshi

CrownPrincessLaya

Heart Star

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2006 2:31 pm
Hakumei_Tenshi
OOOOOOOOO i LOVE those books!! They were really fon to read! I liked Valiant better....
hmmm... I think that I liked... them both equally^^  
PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2006 8:32 pm
I just finished reading Tithe again. I got Valiant out of the library this evening. Can't wait for Ironside. 3nodding  

binaryfaerie

Sparkly Fairy

dragonfire_kaen

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2006 2:37 pm
I read those a few months ago, but I've read so many others in the meantime, I can't remember the plot very well. stressed *refreshes self on plot*
Oh, yeah, they were both great, especially Valiant. My only complaints are the amount of foul language, and that some parts of the plots were hard to follow. I know the language issue is part of the setting and characters, but too much of it makes me feel... unclean...  
PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2006 5:19 pm
dragonfire_kaen
I read those a few months ago, but I've read so many others in the meantime, I can't remember the plot very well. stressed *refreshes self on plot*
Oh, yeah, they were both great, especially Valiant. My only complaints are the amount of foul language, and that some parts of the plots were hard to follow. I know the language issue is part of the setting and characters, but too much of it makes me feel... unclean...

I liked Tithe a lot better than Valiant. As for the foul language -- well, it is urban fantasy. It's a lot grittier than high fantasy.  

binaryfaerie

Sparkly Fairy

X_Dark _Princess_X

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2006 11:23 am
I just got Tithe from the library yesterday...along with tons of others though, but I've heard a lot of good things about it so I'm looking forward to reading it. I wanted to get Valiant too, but they didn't have it... crying I hate my library...it's pretty crappy...  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 2:17 pm
yeah, i know what you mean. my school only gets two or three books worth reading... over the course of the whole year! it's anonying sweatdrop i actually got Tithe as a b-day present two years ago and have had to go back and read it again myself XD  

CrownPrincessLaya

Heart Star

Fantasy Books Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas