Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Back to Guilds

Achieve your weight loss goals! 

Tags: weight loss, weight, health, overweight, exercise 

Reply Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)
cutting pop and snacks....my helpful start!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Rubber Nubbies

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2006 6:08 pm
okay if ya want a quick run down check out my intro in the intro thread biggrin okay so here we go

hey im manda and ive been haveing some weight problems, not as bad as some but still, so one day i decided i HAD to do something, so i decided to give up pop.

Now most of us know that when you have a pop, you tend to grab a munchie, which typically isnt carrot sticks. and i found that out quick.

To begin this weight loss, i cut ALL pop, no diet pop, no super okay pop, NONE. so with cutting my pop, i also cut my snacks.

if i was hungry i would have a large glass of water, now its said that sometimes when you are hungry you are actually thirsty. im one of those kids that was like "yeah...sure" then i started just drinking water and it was true, most of the time i just needed some water, and if you can't take normal water by non carbonated flavored water, or even lightly carbonated is okay (just watch for hidden sugars).

So thats my jump start diet...switch from pop to water and snacks tend to just follow, but if you need stop buying snacks that are junky, or ask your mom or dad to stop buying them, then it can help motivate your whole family or keep the younger siblings healthy.

okay thats my thing if you have questions just post here or if its personal feel free to pm me, my pms are open to everyone biggrin

good luck and keep it up

~rock on~
~manda~  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 5:56 am
pop's are fizzy drinks arn't they??  

Miya12
Vice Captain

onnawaffle

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 12:49 pm
Miya12

Not my thread but hopefully she won't mind if I answer. biggrin

I'm going to say yes. Stuff like Coke, Pepsi, Dr Pepper, Sprite, etc. Though here we call them sodas. wink  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 1:44 pm
Lady Leonardo
Miya12

Not my thread but hopefully she won't mind if I answer. biggrin

I'm going to say yes. Stuff like Coke, Pepsi, Dr Pepper, Sprite, etc. Though here we call them sodas. wink

lol cool. here we just call them fizzy drinks lol  

Miya12
Vice Captain

onnawaffle

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 8:33 pm
There's a big "argument" in the US over whether they're pop or soda. *L* It's silly but some people get really into it.

I'm mostly giving up soda by the way. I think I'll allow myself one or two a week, probably on weekends since that's when my boyfriend and I tend to go out to eat. I'm not totally giving up snacks though, I mean it's just after Easter. *L* I wasn't expecting to get a crapload of Easter candy but I did!  
Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games