Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian British Guild

Back to Guilds

A haven for British Gaians, and those sympathetic to their peculiar ways! 

Tags: britain, british, United Kingdom, english, england 

Reply Gaian British Guild
UKGB/Gaian British Guild (New: Inter-Guild Affairs.) Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

illyrianth
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 10:09 am
EDIT: Tuesday 16th May 2006.

This thread is being expanded as a place to discuss everything realting the the GBG and our role as regards other Guilds. A sort of 'Foreign Office' for Gaia.

Coments relating to this new thread-purpose begin halfway down this first page with my reserved post and my opening suggestion.

illyrianth, a while ago
Please note, there is more than one UK interest-based guild. Shocking news, huh? Never would have thought THAT could happen. rolleyes

All of you are more than welcome to join either one OR both Guilds. Please don't join both simply to belittle the members of the second one you have joined? Such behaviour is frankly, pathetic, and I am sad to say I have already witnessed it going on.

UK Gaia Guild on a search will take you to the doors of the other Guild. It is 500 gold to join and I am not sure what else I can tell you about it. I am sure some of the joint members can shed some light however.

I have the link for you all if you want to visit them and maybe join up.

]http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/guilds/index.php?page_mode=4&guild_id=977

GBG Satellites.

Gaian Literary Elitist's Alliance.

Established on Thursday 7th April 2005.

Founder - Nebelstern.

The Yoghurt Guild.

Established on Friday 13th May 2005.

Founder - Gaulia.

The Obscenely Rich Gaian's Guild.

Established on Thursday 9th June 2005.

Founder - and_solo_said.

The Gaian Drinkers' Guild.

Established on Sunday 7th August 2005.

Founder - Angilwingz.

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2005 8:09 am
Now that the heat is down and the past frictions/wars between my Guild and theirs are in the past I have decided to take steps to form some sort of peace.

This will involve choosing specially selected Gaians who have applied to join our Guild, and rather than admitting them to ours, generously denying them and giving them a recommendation and link to join the 'UK Gaia Guild'.

This is recent policy brought into being for two reasons.

The first of these is that I am sick and tired of having to correct some of the new members' posts on even the most basic points of grammar, spelling and general coherency.

The second of these is that due to a massive increase in the number of applications and the greater diversity of literacy it may soon be necessary to reject upwards of 80% of all applicants. It would be good to show them that there is another guild which has broadly similar interests but a lower grammatical (intelligence?) requirement.

I am hugely proud of my guild, the people in it are a largely exceptional breed of people and I refuse to dissolve that by admitting people who would may be more at ease BuMpInG 4 GOLDZ in the Chatterbox.

An example may be found below.

Regards,

Invictus

Invictus_88
Anon
Invictus_88
Quote:
Well..........coz im british! (english)

Apologies,

I cannot yet accept you because your application to join the GBG was too short and not detailed enough.

As the GBG is, in effect, an extension of the ED forum it is general consensus that rules of coherency, grammar and eloquence should apply.

You are however still on the waiting list so that you can be accepted as soon as I see that you are suitable. Or rejected if you wish to withdraw your application.

Regards,

Invictus_88 (G.C.)

I'm sorry, I was in a rush when I made the aplication, I normally use standard english in my posts, could I possibly have a seacond chance to aplly again?

Anon

Only if you can prove it, it's just that the Crew and I are finding it hard work correcting typos and putting capitals on words like England and Britain.

You're still on the waiting list, I can accept you if I'm sure that you meet the grammar requirement.

If not, I will deny access but give you a recommendation that you apply for the UK guild. They cover similar themes, but are not so fussy about presentation.

Regards,

Invictus

Invictus_88
Captain

Nebelstern
Crew

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2005 10:42 am
I would like to make a sensible announcement. There does indeed appear to be ANOTHER British Guild, titled 'The British Empire'

http://www.gaiaonline.com/guilds/index.php?page_mode=4&guild_id=4311

I had been invited to join this guild, yet decided the standard is similar to the UK Gaian Guild, therefore chose not to. My alliegance is with this Guild, however other members have a right to know the viable alternatives to this Guild.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 4:07 am
Procedures for Treatment of Failed GBG Applicants.

Quote:
Quote:
Join Request From: (Name withheld)
Joining Reason: i wanna join 'cause im from southampton!

As you did not display the literacy to join the GBG you have been forwarded to our associated guilds. You are free to reapply by PM if you still wish to join and feel you can display a higher level of proficiency in English.

You have been recommended to join either of the following guilds by "Invictus_88, (GC, GBG)", the name you should quote when you enter your application for either or both guilds.

"The British Empire"

"UK Gaia Guild"

Regards,

Invictus_88
(GC, Gaian British Guild)

GBG Members, there's no need to comment unless you really want to. This is posted more so that I have a re-usable template and so that you can see a little more of how the Guild is run.  

Invictus_88
Captain

Invictus_88
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 2:09 pm
http://www.gaiaonline.com/guilds/index.php?guild_id=7837

Thoughts, anyone?  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 8:05 am
Invictus_88
http://www.gaiaonline.com/guilds/index.php?guild_id=7837

Thoughts, anyone?

Normal procedure goes thusly;
1) Remain calm
2) Out-post them
3) Out-post them with relevant intellectual issues
4) Join in order to keep an eye on things...
ninja  

Nebelstern
Crew

Invictus_88
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 11:20 am
I say Simon, it all looks a bit CBian over there but if you find anyone who catches your attention as someone who would fit in well here then feel free to send them over or perhaps link me to some of their posts.

Thankyou.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2005 10:18 am
Invictus_88
I say Simon, it all looks a bit CBian over there but if you find anyone who catches your attention as someone who would fit in well here then feel free to send them over or perhaps link me to some of their posts.

Thankyou.

Hm... well I think we can overlook it for the moment... but if they begin to spread... we may need to get a little surveillance going on. rolleyes  

Nebelstern
Crew

Invictus_88
Captain

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2006 9:59 am
(Reserved for potential future use.)  
PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2006 10:07 am
I know it's a bad time to float such an idea, the GBG being quite quiet due to the GCSE and A-Level revision, but I thought I would set it out now so that the idea has time to take root or find opposition before things start moving.

How do people find the idea of a set of affiliations with other Guilds relating to countries of the commonwealth.

Essentially, there would be a formal or informal connection between the GBG and say, the Canada Guild or the Australian Guild, with a certain crossover between them. Probably in the form of a small embassy-type thread according to each national guild.

Oh course, we could try something slightly or very different, or we could do nothing at all. It is rather up to you lot.

Invictus_88
Captain

illyrianth
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2006 12:40 am
Invictus_88
I know it's a bad time to float such an idea, the GBG being quite quiet due to the GCSE and A-Level revision, but I thought I would set it out now so that the idea has time to take root or find opposition before things start moving.

How do people find the idea of a set of affiliations with other Guilds relating to countries of the commonwealth.

Essentially, there would be a formal or informal connection between the GBG and say, the Canada Guild or the Australian Guild, with a certain crossover between them. Probably in the form of a small embassy-type thread according to each national guild.

Oh course, we could try something slightly or very different, or we could do nothing at all. It is rather up to you lot.

Sounds like a bloody good plan...IF you can talk the other guilds in to it XD  
PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2006 3:52 am
I daresay I may have to step carefully, but I'll not be taking any steps until we've reached a bit of consensus here first.

And really, I'm happy to wait a few weeks, monthish if it takes that long. There's no rush so it's worth waiting for the idea to percolate a little first.

So, people, what's your stance?

Invictus_88
Captain

Nebelstern
Crew

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2006 6:34 am
That would be a good idea, perhaps we could set up a sub-forum of embassies for the different commonwealth countries?  
PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 3:37 am
I like the idea of guild affiliations, but I don't really see why it need be confined to Commonwealth countries only. In fact, the thought of restricting it to Commonwealth countries sort of rubs me up the wrong way.  

Foetus In Fetu
Vice Captain

Nebelstern
Crew

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 12:46 am
Good point actually, FiF. I'm personally not overly bothered about who we would affiliate with but I'm sure people would want an all-inclusive style method.

I suppose British/Commonwealth guilds would be a priority given the nature of the GBG, however I'm not against the idea of others being affiliated.

Gaian British Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff