Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Shounen Ai and Yaoi Guild

Back to Guilds

A Guild dedicated to discussing Yaoi and Boy Love. 

Tags: yaoi, shounen ai, boy love, anime, manga 

Reply [The Pocky Shop]____Discussion Of Pre-Existing Creations (Anime/Manga/Books)
[Neon Genesis Evangelion] KaoruXShiniji

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

General Ninja Ferret

Demonic Master

24,350 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2006 2:27 pm
This pairing bugs me.
Sure, they make a cute couple, but they can't really be a couple. They've only known eachother for a little while.
It just bugs me on how people can pair them up when they bairly know eachother.
and the fact that
Kaoru's head was popped off and is now dead.

The rest of that sentance is in white for being a spoiler to anybody who has not seen the episode yet. If you want to see what it says just highlight it.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2006 5:34 pm
I like them as a couple and I think they're compatible because Shinji was such a sad boy and Kaworu pretty much the only comfort he had at that time. Sure, they didn't know each other long, but I felt they had a connection. Kaworu really cared for Shinji and as the series progresses, you can see that Shinji liked him back.

::Copied and pasted in the other eva topic::  

shojosparkles

LadyNox
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 7:15 am
[ Message temporarily off-line ]  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 7:04 pm
well, Kaoru DID tell Shinji he loved him. So it is canon, in a sense.
Although, showing him after he...well,
after he died
wouldn't make sense, I agree.
Besides, he was an angel...*shrug*  

Kitsoru

ShadowedMoonlight

Ruthless Sweetheart

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 12:07 am
I agree with Lady Nox.

I think that they make a very good couple. Since Kaoru did actually tell Shinji he loved him, it's pretty much canon. I was watching the commentary on the DVD I got, and the scene where Kaoru and Shinji meet was described as homo erotica.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 7:31 pm
[ Message temporarily off-line ]  

General Ninja Ferret

Demonic Master

24,350 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Treasure Hunter 100

xKelpiex

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 7:01 pm
Ah, Evangelion. My fave anime and manga of all time.
So, the pairing basically comes down to this: Kaoru feels love for Shinji because he is utterly human; something Kaoru wishes for, but cannot be; it's not his fate. And Shinji is just so damn love starved, he'll cling to anything, especially Kaoru, since he said he loved him.
Kaoru was meant to have a larger part in the series. Fan rumours are, he had been hiding in the shadows of Seele, watching Shinji from the shadows as was assigned by Seele, to learn his strengths and weaknesses. He was to use 'love' as the final clincher in defeating Shinji, but ended up actually falling in love with him. BUT, Gainax ran out of money and were forced to end the show prematurely.
DUDE, I read way too many Eva theories.  
PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2006 5:14 pm
Oh good. O.o I am all for the Slash on this one only, Kaoru could do so much better then the whinny little Shinji, only thing is his options are kind of small and Shinji's the best thing out there for him.  

Fuka the great

LadyNox
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2006 11:55 pm
Fukafukashita
Oh good. O.o I am all for the Slash on this one only, Kaoru could do so much better then the whinny little Shinji, only thing is his options are kind of small and Shinji's the best thing out there for him.

I donno. I think that Kaworu being the Almighty Angel he was choose Shinji because of what he saw under all the whine, destructiveness, and lack of confidence. He more than any one else has the ability to see true person under it all and he liked what he saw.

Anyway, compared to most of the characters in that series, Shinji was a pretty good choice. XD  
PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 8:11 pm
LadyNox

I donno. I think that Kaworu being the Almighty Angel he was choose Shinji because of what he saw under all the whine, destructiveness, and lack of confidence. He more than any one else has the ability to see true person under it all and he liked what he saw.

Anyway, compared to most of the characters in that series, Shinji was a pretty good choice. XD

xd All so very true.  

ShadowedMoonlight

Ruthless Sweetheart

Zachod

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2006 5:19 pm
I definetly agree with LadyNox, that's all soooo truth! There should be more ShinjixKaworu fics, really 3nodding  
PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 11:01 pm
Kelestya
There should be more ShinjixKaworu fics, really 3nodding

Totally seconded.  

ShadowedMoonlight

Ruthless Sweetheart

[The Pocky Shop]____Discussion Of Pre-Existing Creations (Anime/Manga/Books)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games