Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian British Guild

Back to Guilds

A haven for British Gaians, and those sympathetic to their peculiar ways! 

Tags: britain, british, United Kingdom, english, england 

Reply Gaian British Guild
Meeting the Mom Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

dragonssoul84

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 5:48 am
A bunch of you guys helped me with the cream buns (thanks heart ) So I have one more question I'm going out for his birthday and being his mother's baby boy I have a feeling I'm not going to be the most welcomed person. From what I understand she's more conservative uppercrust and well I have no idea what to wear to meet her. He's never brought a girl home and so now i'm like can i wear pants and if not how long does the skirt have to be you know  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 8:13 am
dragonssoul84
A bunch of you guys helped me with the cream buns (thanks heart ) So I have one more question I'm going out for his birthday and being his mother's baby boy I have a feeling I'm not going to be the most welcomed person. From what I understand she's more conservative uppercrust and well I have no idea what to wear to meet her. He's never brought a girl home and so now i'm like can i wear pants and if not how long does the skirt have to be you know

definately wear pants (trousers) lol , and a comfy top, other than that,m u should be fine, u might even want to get her somthing, something small and sweet! blaugh  

fwikin

dragonssoul84

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 8:34 am
So pants are okay? That is brillant I was afraid I had to wear a skirt  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 10:08 am
You might want to wear a skirt, something just under the knees at least. Not all long skirts are really frumpy or uncomfortable. This way it seems like you're making more of an effort for her; if you wear trousers you might seem too casual. Don't go over the top on the gift, either, just get her a nice bunch of flowers or something.  

Foetus In Fetu
Vice Captain

wodewose

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 11:12 am
best of luck!  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 1:17 pm
its like a culture shock for me lol I'm used to the half assed american way of life where u meet the moms in denim lol  

dragonssoul84

Knightsedge
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 10:21 pm
dragonssoul84
its like a culture shock for me lol I'm used to the half assed american way of life where u meet the moms in denim lol

We Brits can only accept those who look presentable!

j/k blaugh  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 12:42 pm
eek well lets just say u can wear anything...except for a miniskirt that should be classified as a belt, or a top that could be used as a bandana.....him...dont go naked, or very close to naked... ye you should be fine! lol, just wear what u feel comfortable and smart in....dont go all business suit ok! xd  

fwikin

Days of Empire

Mega Genius

7,750 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Overstocked 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 8:04 pm
And remember that looks aren't everything - be polite!  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2005 6:40 am
*joins in*

And don't speak unless spoken to first! 3nodding  

Knightsedge
Crew

dragonssoul84

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2005 7:16 am
Knightsedge
*joins in*

I hope to god your kidding all i know is my bf and some horrible sterotypes so i'm reallly scared  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2005 9:25 am
I've always found that harping on about how well mannered the chap is usually goes down VERY well with their mothers. A credit to their upbringing, I imagine.  

illyrianth
Vice Captain

Knightsedge
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2005 4:44 am
dragonssoul84
Knightsedge
*joins in*

I hope to god your kidding all i know is my bf and some horrible sterotypes so i'm reallly scared

Of course I am. smile

Just don't appear obnoxious. blaugh  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2005 5:10 am
Lol I'll try not to.  

dragonssoul84

50ny4

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2005 1:46 pm
I hope its not too late, but i would wear some trousers (NOT JEANS) and a top that is a little bit dressy, not something that you would go shopping with, something simple.

As for bringing her something bring her flowers and when you enter thank her for inviting you to supper.

That's what i would do, but then again i've only had to deal with adults that work for my father and so i have to be polite, but then again thank goodness i learned those manner.

sorry i'm babbling, but bring her flowers, thank her, don't interrupt when she's speaking even if you have something to say wait till she finishes talking, and wear what i beleive would be a good outfit

That and don't be nervous, if your boyfriend believes that your special enough to introduce you to his mum, then beleive that you are and then you can get to know him a bit better.  
Gaian British Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff