Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Emo Guild

Back to Guilds

What do you think genius? Its a guild for emo's. 

Reply The Emo Guild (Down at the copa... copacabana)
What's wrong with bands on MTV? Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

CryztalizedTearz

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2006 1:47 pm
I mean, why is it that it's like a new trend to hate bands that appear on MTV?
If you like a band you like them because of their MUSIC, not their choices or their popularity.
It's like a trend now adays to hate bands on MTV.
The point of most bands starting, is because they want people to rate to them. I mean, music has helped me trough a lot of s**t in ways I cant even begin to explain. Hearing lyrics that relate to me make me feel like I'm not the only ones who feel like that. And thats just what most bands want to do when they go on MTV. Just get more fans. Because thats the whole point of why they started it.
So why is it that people hate bands that come on MTV?
Just because they want to expand their views?
Well, if it is, that's selfish and stupid.
Yeah, I'm done.
heart

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2006 5:37 pm
i know what u mean, and a lot of ppl have a lot of different views on it. i think some people feel somewhat betrayed when you wake up one day and see that band that you've been into for years on mtv, and a bunch of preppy girls obsessing over how hot they are or whatever, and don't even know the name of the songs or members in the band. i also see your side of it too. everyone else, like the media shouldn't dictate what you listen to, it should be 100% your choice of what you like to listen to, not what other people declare what the band is. what really matters is the music, and your opinion. and u should know you're a true fan if you're really into a band. and just like what u like, and that's really what matters.
phew. sweatdrop  

BreakDanceNotHearts

u should like me too

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2006 5:44 pm
i hate MTV. 1) all the music they play is gay 2) FUSE rocks my socks off!!

FUSE is sooooooooo much better. they actually play good bands and songs.
and with fuse YOU pick the music that you want to listen to not some highalmighty guy who made the show. there is better music on fuse. fuse is amazing! i heart love heart it till i die

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2006 5:56 pm
Yea but I'm really talking about the bands that are good on MTV and suddenly people start hating them just because they appeared there. I mean, I know it sucks that they get new fans who dont even like them for their music, just their looks, when you've been a true fan from the beginning, but thats no reason to hate bands that appear on the mainstream. Hate the ******** fake people that suposely "like" them, dont hate them for having fake fans.

CryztalizedTearz

Emery-kos

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2006 6:23 pm
(Sorry if this has already been said)

I'm dissapointed when bands I''ve listened to for years make it to MTV status because then they (usually) pick up fake fans and their music goes downhill.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2006 7:47 pm
I just stopped watching MTV so I wont know biggrin

xXBunnyIsAnOutLawXx

BreakDanceNotHearts

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2006 8:13 pm
yeah, she has a point. we should hate the fake fans, not the music.
......now only if other ppl would pick up on that  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2006 6:36 am
MTV compared to the channels here... looks much better sadly.
Here (New Zealand) we don't get many bands at all. You could go around asking people "Have you heard of Taking Back Sunday, The Used, My Chemical Romance, From First To Last, Static X, Katatonia ect." And they would have no clue. Rock doesn't get recognition here, people like hip-hop, R&B and rap too much here. You get hardly any on any of the music channels. Be glad MTV actually has bands on them, you could be like me and have to suffer and be lucky to see your favourite band on Juice or C4 or Alt TV. stare  

Zellian

Xyloid

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2006 8:47 am
THANK YOU.

Bands need to SELL music to make a living. Bands NEED fans to sell music to make a living.

Why would you get mad because the band you liked got a fan base and sold music and made a living? HELLO?

That is why I try my best to check out bands before they smash into the mainstream, that way I can see them live before the drooling 14 year olds come crashing into the pit.

And it's also why I am a hardcore addict. No 14 year olds in a Converge pit!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2006 9:40 am

MTV just annoys me now.
Yeah there's some good music they still play.
But now it's all hip-hop ghetto s**t... which I cannot stand.
And most of the shows aired are gay too.

D:

the terrible

Michiyo_Kumiko

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2006 10:39 am
The only reason i even watch MTV anymore is because i'm so ghetto i listen to alot of mainstream rap. BUt i stopped listening to MTV because they stopped playing good music. i listen to underground and alot of things mtv would never play even if someone voted it on a thousand times. i'm soo sick of good bands that are completely different from the mtc scene and genre getting blown up to a bunch of prepubescent boys and girls to scream their names in the underwear saying i know that band and they rock my socks off. Good bands go to waste on mtv. once they get their ego inflated by a group of 13 year olds thinking they're so "hardcore" that's it they go downhill and write lyrics to suite the public and not themselves. In all, their music suffers. and if you don't notice it, you're probably ignorant. Sorry to be so blunt. But MTV sucks for music.
later kiddies. Have a great easter =]  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2006 4:08 pm
Hah...
Yeah your right..But bands can make it without being rich..Thats what alot of bands wish could happen..But sometimes bands are perfectly happy playing small shows selling the records to fans that loved them from day one..Thats the loyal bands that you always get ot meet after the shows no matter what..and I think thats pretty sweet stuff.

xXBunnyIsAnOutLawXx

Switchblade Saint

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 6:31 pm
3nodding  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 8:28 pm
[

MTV doesn't exist where I live.

]

Ironic_Melancholy

PoseurGirl

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 3:41 pm
I don't hate bands on MTV. I hate MTV, and am sad when I see a band I like go ON MTV, but don't start hating them for it.
Actually, I don't have much time for TV, I usually hear from a friend if like Armor for Sleep is on there, but alot of the bands I discover are through MySpace, PureVolume, or friends, so if someone comes up to me and is like "They suck.. They're all mainstream now..." I give them "And...?"
Because really, how the hell am I supposed to know that?!?!
I care more for the band than the popularity.
Although it did piss me off at an AFS concert, there were these chicks there that had obviously listened to them very little, had like seen car underwater on tv or something, thought Ben was hot, and came to see them, if you know what I mean. Which is understandable, they're hot, but if you're going to a concert to just see someone... That's kinda silly. Just look at pictures. Or whatever.
I dunno.
Raaambling.
But you get my point.  
The Emo Guild (Down at the copa... copacabana)

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games