Reply Rude Discussion
Quick ska question - Checkers. Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

The Unstoppable Sheep

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 1:52 pm
So....checkers. I've seen and recognised that they are related to ska, but how?

My school bag is looking a little boring and I think Im gonna decorate it partly in checkers (with a black marker pen), but I think I need to do a bit of background research to check they dont stand for anything dodgy!

I bought a checker skirt for my avatar. Mwa ha ha.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 1:57 pm
Pwease help! I know some of you are online...I can see replys to other topics!  

The Unstoppable Sheep

GLKilowog

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 2:22 pm
Its an outspeak against racism. Black and white together and all that stuff.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 3:22 pm
Yeah, black and white checkers symbolize black and white equality and what he said.  

aleoop123

YoKo The Pastry Farmer

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 3:26 pm
I also thin the rude boy look (wearing a black suite with white shirt) has something to do with it...I think...  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 4:06 pm
LordYoKo
I also thin the rude boy look (wearing a black suite with white shirt) has something to do with it...I think...

They got the "two tone" suit ideas from the Italian "gangstas" That was the style. Thin ties, black and white, shades, and a porkpie hat.
Hence the name" The Special gangstas" xd
The whole "checker" thing is about racism. Black and white together peacefully.  

King Of The Ska
Captain

-th!nk-h4ppy-th0ughts-

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 5:17 pm
yeah its about the whole racism bit...but arnt they pretty tho whee heart  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 7:12 pm
love my checkers  

Marbles_shrooms

The Unstoppable Sheep

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 11:13 pm
Oooooo! Thanks for the help guys. If I get bored this lunch (which I normally do) then I'll start on my bag.

It's a Nike backback. May look a bit wierd, but hey, it'll be fun!  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 12:17 am
-TH!nk-h4ppY-Th0uGHts-
lol yeah checkers are fun. I have a checker suit jacket and this horrible pair of patchwork pants which have checkers on them in some places. They're so hideous and wonderful and beuaitful all at once.  

GLKilowog

girl_no_13

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 1:49 am
wow- naver really thought about that, but it does make sense,and is very pretty, my ska belt is one of my favorite pieces of clothing!  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 8:13 am
GLKilowog
-TH!nk-h4ppY-Th0uGHts-
lol yeah checkers are fun. I have a checker suit jacket and this horrible pair of patchwork pants which have checkers on them in some places. They're so hideous and wonderful and beuaitful all at once.
that jacket sounds de-lish....haha..my friend for some reason is going to give me a checkered ring!...im like w00t!...haha...my Suburban Legends patch on my purse has checkers on it..and alot of other things i own...haha whee  

-th!nk-h4ppy-th0ughts-

The Unstoppable Sheep

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 9:23 am
Okay, I've finished skanking up my bag!

It looks a lil like a grand prix bag...but still! However if you look at in an...um 'ska' way, then its looks great (or at least I think so)!

I did it with a marker pen, now I feel really sick 'cos of inhaling the fumes close up. It was worth it though.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 12:17 pm
yeah, I tried to put chequers on the strap of one of my bags in tippex- it was all messy and everything smelt of tippex to me for ages!  

girl_no_13

Burrzum

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 4:13 pm
me gots a checker belt and checkered shoesies (old school vans pink and black) they ish soo kewl! *clings to shoesies*
looky:
User Image
YAYNESS! heart  
Rude Discussion

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out