Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Shounen Ai and Yaoi Guild

Back to Guilds

A Guild dedicated to discussing Yaoi and Boy Love. 

Tags: yaoi, shounen ai, boy love, anime, manga 

Reply [Rant and Rave]_____GLBT, Life-Topics, Politics, Rants
[Religion] Is God Punishing Us? Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

What is your sexual orientation?
Gay
17%
 17%  [ 13 ]
Straight
27%
 27%  [ 21 ]
Bisexual
55%
 55%  [ 42 ]
Total Votes : 76

Karureyu

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 12:20 pm
Okay. Here's the deal. There were a bunch out protestors outside my school today. What were they protesting? Hell if I know! I just know they thought:

"God is killing our (American) people as punishment for letting gays in our country".

stressed stressed I'm sitting on the bus, thinking "What the f-ck?! What kind of reasoning is that?!" Maybe it's just because I'm seeing this for an atheists point of view, but that seems like a reason sh-tty reason for protesting.

NEWS FLASH!!! NO ONE'S BEING PUNISHED EXCEPT THE IDIOTS WHO STARTED THE WAR IN THE FIRST PLACE!!!!!!!

I'm an atheist, and I have no religious prejudice against anyone!

Do you agree or are you like me and think this was a waste of time?

BTW, sorry about my language. sweatdrop sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 3:42 pm
That's just ridiculous! If God really did go about punishing the human species, I'm pretty sure we'd be screwed... Anyhow "because we let gays into our country"? What the feck is that? Ignorant people, hiding behind religion as premise for their idiotic beleifs. I beleive in God myself, and I'm pretty sure he doesn't care about such trivial matters out love lives.  

justamunkey

Kuroi Kokoro no Mendori

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 1:38 pm
i feel a strange urge to start slashing the members of the protest.....

seriously, how many of these people voted for bush, even the second election? if they voted for him, then its THEIR fault people are dying, as it was HIM who started the war.

though i dont deny america is being run into the ground.

bush has turned a 200 billion american dollar surplus into a deficit of over 436 BILLION.

does anyone else see this as insane?

not to mention that he is attempting to remove laws put in place to protect
the american people.

for example, the fifth amendment. that reporter who refused to talk about who her source in the white house was? shes still in jail.

and the infamous phone-tapping law. i just had to laugh when i first heard of this one. methinks bush just wants to masturbate to some hot phone sex. x)

but getting back to the issue at hand....

your protestors are idiots. do they want to start up a witch hunt or something? good idea, lets bring america back to the dark ages!
furthermore, you started the war! you elected the antichrist!

SHUT UP, YOU PATHETIC, REPETITIVE, CLOSE-MINDED, SHORTSIGHTED, IRRITATING, MORONIC RELIGIOUS FANATICISTS!!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2006 5:01 pm
ALSO: is this even LEGAL?!

Does U.S. law even ALLOW this kind of protest? Even if it is all about right to free speech, are you allowed to protest against a group, or is that discrimination?

EDIT: i looked it up, and you are not allowed to incite hate against any minority on the basis of "colour, race, religion, ethnic origin or sexual orientation."

so yeah. those protestors were breaking the law. next time you see a group like that, call the police, and/or the media. if the latter, make sure you explain to them the U.S. laws regarding hate speech. okies?  

Kuroi Kokoro no Mendori

[OMFG NARKI]

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2006 4:52 pm
The media? Better just call the police; no need to give those scum any media attention as that could prove counter-productive in the end.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2006 6:01 pm
Yeah, better to not give those haters any media attention. Maybe some jail time will teach them not to discriminate against other groups, other wise we'll just have another Holicost uprising on our hands.  

volley15

15,200 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Elocutionist 200

Syntria
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 12:13 pm
That is not insiting hate, that's stating an opinion. They have every right to do it even if we don't like it. And if they didn't have a right to do it

We wouldn't have a right to have this guild now
we wouldn't have a right to talk freely about gays
we wouldn't have a lot of rights.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 12:31 pm
The fundament of free speech, "If you have the right to say that you like something then I have the right to disagree." However, stating things in the lines of - quote - "God is killing our people as punishment for letting gays in our country" isn't just stating an opinion and would be considered as pretty open provocation in many people's eyes as it's outright insulting to the gay community as a whole. Freedom of speech ought to be used more wisely than in that manner.  

[OMFG NARKI]

Kuroi Kokoro no Mendori

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 9:32 pm
Narki
The fundament of free speech, "If you have the right to say that you like something then I have the right to disagree." However, stating things in the lines of - quote - "God is killing our people as punishment for letting gays in our country" isn't just stating an opinion and would be considered as pretty open provocation in many people's eyes as it's outright insulting to the gay community as a whole. Freedom of speech ought to be used more wisely than in that manner.

this is not simply citing an opinion. this is hate speech, it is to promote violence against a certain group. NOBODY has that right. not even our dear old prez bush.

these people are disgusting. have you read their website?

have you read what they do to people who dont agree with them?

i read one article on their website and then left, because i was too SICK to read any further. they went to the funeral of a man killed in iraq, resplendent with signs saying things such as "your mother is a whore and shes going to hell", walked up to the crying mother of the dead soldier, and told her she was a whore, her son was in hell, and she was going to hell to unless she aknoleged fred phelps as her "saviour". THE MAN IS A NUTJOB.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 12:38 pm
Not to mention that the proof many organizations use to support this kind of believe is ambiguous at best.

http://www.religioustolerance.org/hom_bibl.htm (this essay/site is actually extreamly interesting and a great read)  

Foxglove_Wanderer

ShadowedMoonlight

Ruthless Sweetheart

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 6:46 am
Rawr. I can't stand it when people use religion as an excuse to hate. If you're going to be homophobic, be original and come up with a better 'reason'. I can't stand people who try to force their beliefs on others who want no part of them. Just because it's what you believe doesn't make it true or right, and it definately doesn't mean you have the right to hurt others.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 2:01 pm
Kuroi Kokoro no Mendori
Narki

this is not simply citing an opinion. this is hate speech, it is to promote violence against a certain group. NOBODY has that right. not even our dear old prez bush.

i read one article on their website and then left, because i was too SICK to read any further. they went to the funeral of a man killed in iraq, resplendent with signs saying things such as "your mother is a whore and shes going to hell", walked up to the crying mother of the dead soldier, and told her she was a whore, her son was in hell, and she was going to hell to unless she aknoleged fred phelps as her "saviour". THE MAN IS A NUTJOB.

Sounds like the lovely God Hates America people led by Fred Phelps & friends alright. Yes, I've been to their many sites and read several of their writings. Those people are - as far as I'm concerned - obsessed and lack any firm grip on reality. However, they're far from representative for all factions, beliefs and people they state that they speak for. Most of the people I spoke to when I was active within politics - even die-hard Christians and homophobes - expressed their utmost disgust with these people, so maybe you're over-reacting as to the threat posed by a very small faction within a group.  

[OMFG NARKI]

Kuroi Kokoro no Mendori

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 8:33 pm
Narki
Kuroi Kokoro no Mendori
Narki

Sounds like the lovely God Hates America people led by Fred Phelps & friends alright. Yes, I've been to their many sites and read several of their writings. Those people are - as far as I'm concerned - obsessed and lack any firm grip on reality. However, they're far from representative for all factions, beliefs and people they state that they speak for. Most of the people I spoke to when I was active within politics - even die-hard Christians and homophobes - expressed their utmost disgust with these people, so maybe you're over-reacting as to the threat posed by a very small faction within a group.

It's not that it's a threat to gays, really, it's that this is very cruel. It's like mental torture. These activists are viciously attacking people at the worst time possible, attacking the memory of a loved one who was recently killed. If your husband or son was killed, how would you feel if someone walked up to you in the street and said they were glad your son was dead, and you should be too for bringing him into the world?  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 9:00 pm
Saddaned, of course, which goes without a saying. But that wasn't my point, now was it? It's a small group that doesn't have any real support and thus not any real threat. There'll always be assholes amongst us and you can't just purge every such person on the face of the earth.  

[OMFG NARKI]

legato_darkfall

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 9:19 pm
*pokes thread* Well if he's punishing anyone then it would be the Hetero's due to the sex out of wedlock. I think that they would be first on the list. Not to mention that if they read the bible having children is a sin as well. I think it says something about 'man shallt not spread his seed on this earth.' Or something along the lines. *Rolls eyes* They need to get the facts before protesting. =_= rolleyes  
[Rant and Rave]_____GLBT, Life-Topics, Politics, Rants

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff