Reply Boldly Go - A Star Trek Guild
DS9 : Season One

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Curtis25

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 2:37 am
I bought DS9 season one about 2 weeks ago ( DS9 is my favorite series) and I have to say that I was reminded why its my fave. Every episode was at least good with most of them being awesome. "If Wishes Where Horses" is probably the best Episode of the first season. But I am kinda curious. did Paramount get the shows mixed up or something? THe first was marked 7hundred something the episode 2 was marked 504 and episode 3 was marked 502. also I was just curious if anyone else noticed how different Avery Brooks (Sisko) looks after he drops a few pounds shaves his head and grows a goatee in the later seasons. I would like to know what everyone thinks about DS9.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 6:57 am
Wow I guess I am the only one that likes DS9  

Curtis25

Blaze-kun

Dapper Gekko

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 8:17 am
It's the uniform. I think. lol

I can't afford to get any dvds so I just look up episodes on this website:
http://memory-alpha.org/en/wiki/Main_Page  
PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2006 6:36 am
DS9 is my favorite Star Trek, with Voyager as a close second. heart
I don't like the first season much. Almost all Treks have suffered from Horrible First Season Syndrome.
I mean, I love the first season of DS9, but let's face it, the characters are poorly developed at that point, and a lot of the acting is just too campy.
But what I think makes Star Trek soo much better than other shows is that it keeps getting better. With most TV shows, the first season is the best one, and then it gets steadily worse as the run out of ideas. But with Star Trek, it just keeps getting better as they continue to develop the characters, and the final season usually leaves you in awe.
I really wish they'd made a DS9 movie or two, but it would be pretty hard to, with the way they concluded the series.  

Hassium

Steel Sterling
Captain

Brilliant Saint

18,265 Points
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Battle: Cleric 100
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2006 9:50 pm
Scuttlebutt is that Avery Brooks (Sisko) HATES Rick Berman,
so he'll refuse any project with Berman
(which is any project) flat.  
PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2006 12:32 pm
Curtis25
Wow I guess I am the only one that likes DS9

Oh, lots of people like DS9!  

Wind-Whisper

Wind-Whisper

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2006 12:35 pm
Blaze-kun

I can't afford to get any dvds so I just look up episodes on this website:
http://memory-alpha.org/en/wiki/Main_Page

Yes, DS9 are the most expensive of all the DVDs. The others are all reasonably affordable, but I've never seen DS9 for less than $800.00  
Boldly Go - A Star Trek Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games