View Results

Talon StarDrifter

Aged Citizen

11,650 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Megathread 100
PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 2:03 am
I recently received the three books of the Arthur Trilogy. AND I LOVE THEM! They're are really good. I'm not too much a fan of medieval setting books, but those books just pulled me in.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 9:52 am
I've read the first one, but I never got around to reading the second or third. The only reason I read the first one was because my middle school library had it, and I had nothing else to read. Arthur stories aren't really my favorite books to read. They vary a bit too much for my liking. n.n"  

NightIntent
Captain

Bookwyrme

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 10:24 am
Which trilogy?  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 10:31 am
It starts with The Seeing Stone, and it's by Kevin Crossley-Holland.  

NightIntent
Captain

Bookwyrme

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 10:41 am
Ooh, Crossley-Holland. I've read some stuff he edited--I'd liek to see him as an author!  
PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 8:20 pm
Those were good  

Seth64616

450 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200

godhi

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 12:49 am
Bookwyrme
Ooh, Crossley-Holland. I've read some stuff he edited--I'd like to see him as an author!

Kevin Crossley-Holland also wrote The Norse Myths, which is one of the best books available on Norse mythology.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 1:06 pm
Yup, I have The Norse Myths and it is indeed superb.

Wasn't too thrilled with the Arthur trilogy, though. There were far too many exclamation points, for one thing, and the end.... well (highlight for spoilers):

I am going to rule an itty-bitty holding as best I can is all very fine-sounding, but it's a serious comedown from the Arthur, King of Britain, and one wonders why Merlin is bothering with a very minor lord.

I love the Arthurian legends, and for a time read every book I could get hold of on or about them.  

Bookwyrme

Seth64616

450 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 5:32 pm
They were good, I liked them, but they also could have been better.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 6:05 am
The Seeing Stone? Truly, I mean no offense, but I absolutely hated it. The sentences were so short and underdeveloped, and there didn't need to be so many short chapters. The chapters could have been longer and dvivded into sections. At least two of the chapters I distinctly remember were less than a page long. Ridiculous.  

MinervaEvenstar

Fantasy Books Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff