Welcome to Gaia! ::

Band Nerd Guild

Back to Guilds

The coolest most awesome most BAND NERDIEST place EVER! 

Tags: band, nerd, music 

Reply Band Nerd Guild
Administration Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 294 295 296 297 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

iOggy

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 11:57 am
This is a topic for discussing the technical aspects of the Guild. Requests for stickies, Crew discussions, etc... Don't put this stuff anywhere else!

Many thanks,
~Oggy

EDITED May 18: There's been quite a bit of off-topic discussion. Things which are ACCEPTABLE in the Admin thread:
~Talking amongst mods
~Requests for changes in guild operation
Things which are NOT acceptable:
~Random users saying "hi"
~Wildly off-topic discussion

This isn't a Welcome to the BNG thread. Let's not try to make it one, alright?  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 12:02 pm
*coughcontestscough* ninja  

Masquanade
Vice Captain

iOggy

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 12:05 pm
*grins*

Of course we should have contests. But what kind of contest do we have?

*thinks deeply*  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 12:07 pm
Best band player pf the day?!?Mabey?  

like a b u l l e t.

Dapper Citizen

Masquanade
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 12:10 pm
I've put thought into this. Ahem I shall list the ones I thought of.

-Compose your own music
---Don't know how well this onewould work, but members could create their own music and then the guild vote on who's song they like the best.
-Art Contest
---Either edit your avatar or dress your avatar in a band uniform and/or draw your avatar/you in a band uniform
-Literary Contest
---Either have members write a short story, fan fiction, song, or poem about band, music, instruments, etc. (I know I have a poem about band xp )
-Music Quiz
---Simple enough
-Word searchs/Crossword Puzzles
--- sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 12:12 pm
And how would we test that? Just checking for feasibility here...

And Masq, you do realize that we can't use Guild funds for anything other than (yet to be announced) Guild quests, right? At least, that's how I understand it.  

iOggy

Masquanade
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 12:13 pm
oggywoggy222
And how would we test that? Just checking for feasibility here...

And Masq, you do realize that we can't use Guild funds for anything other than (yet to be announced) Guild quests, right? At least, that's how I understand it.

*shrugs* We'll work it out to the member advantages. Somehow.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 12:16 pm
I like the art contest idea. *starts making an edit of himself in a kilt*  

iOggy

Masquanade
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 12:18 pm
oggywoggy222
I like the art contest idea. *starts making an edit of himself in a kilt*

Also make a banner contest xp sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 1:24 pm
I like all your ideas Masq... I actually do have a music writing program (Finale xp ), and I already have a pic of my avatar in my guard uniform... as to feasebility... pick a couple people, or have them volunteer to help judge the contests. *shrugs* you can always work out a system of scoring later on, right? wink  

Ecchi Kuroi Neko

iOggy

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 2:16 pm
Aryah
I like all your ideas Masq... I actually do have a music writing program (Finale xp ), and I already have a pic of my avatar in my guard uniform... as to feasebility... pick a couple people, or have them volunteer to help judge the contests. *shrugs* you can always work out a system of scoring later on, right? wink

Finale isn't all that bad, Ary. I don't have a copy myself, but the band director does, and I'm definitely going to end up using it in Music Theory this year.

On-topic: I think the first contest should be an avvy edit. And you should have to provide a RL pic of the uniform, so we can see how well you did with copying stuff.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 2:20 pm
It would be way easier to make Guard uniforms on Gaia than Band ones simply becase of whats avalible.  

KiwiiHead

iOggy

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 2:22 pm
KiwiiHead
It would be way easier to make Guard uniforms on Gaia than Band ones simply becase of whats avalible.

Hmm? *is slightly confused* If you mean that there's more guard-type things in the minishops, then that shouldn't matter. Edits should be original...  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 2:25 pm
erm... I have no scanner to show my uniform... sweatdrop  

Ecchi Kuroi Neko

Masquanade
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 2:39 pm
oggywoggy222
KiwiiHead

Hmm? *is slightly confused* If you mean that there's more guard-type things in the minishops, then that shouldn't matter. Edits should be original...

I get what you're saying. That to make your uniform out of items in the shops here on gaia. 3nodding  
Band Nerd Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 294 295 296 297 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff