Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Shounen Ai and Yaoi Guild

Back to Guilds

A Guild dedicated to discussing Yaoi and Boy Love. 

Tags: yaoi, shounen ai, boy love, anime, manga 

Reply [Rant and Rave]_____GLBT, Life-Topics, Politics, Rants
[School] College Kids Party Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

College
  I hate it, I want to run awwaaay
  I love it~! Never want to leave
  Not in, but I plan to be
  Never, I'll never go!
View Results

Syntria
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 9:26 am
This is the college kid's thread, to talk about the stresses of college life.

I'm about to go take a World Civilizations II midterm, comprehensive =/ *pouts* and I need to finish a paper that's due in another class directly after ^_^

So how are you guys doing in college? Your major? What semester your in? GPA if your comfortable with discussing it?

I'm finishing up my 4th semester, I'm getting a BA in Liberal Arts General Studies <- aka, undecided but ITS A DEGREE! XD I also have a cumlative GPA of 3.5 or so. <- My spelling sucks.

Are you guys in any organizations? I'm president of Chess Club and I partake in STRIDE, which is a gay-straight alliance on campus.

*huffs*

If your not in college but plan to be soon, you can ask questions here and we'll beable to answer them for the most part I bet ^_^

Anyways, back to History.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 12:12 pm
I'm trying to get on top of all my assignments at the moment...there are just too many, and they're all so confusing! sad I'm almost certain that my tutors are purposely making the assignment briefs utterly incomprehensible, just to annoy me for whatever reason. razz I'm doing the HND in Music Production, and while it's fun, it's also really hard, especially when my assignment involves recording a band that then fails to show up to the recording sessions... confused Essays are pretty fun though. (I got a merit for my one on prog rock! biggrin )  

lupine_ragdoll

justamunkey

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 8:44 am
I feel teh pain xp I'm currently on spring break for a week. Partying and friends and fun? Nope. Books galore on Japanese and Chinese history for my Asian Civ class? Yep! Well, at least it's a class I enjoy and topic I'm majoring in, yeah?  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 12:44 pm
oooh college, how i heart thee.....

of course i'm lying.

i'm about to step into my fourth and FINAL year of college, making it out with a psychology degree. soon i will be molding the minds of the young and fashioning them into a society that i desire *insert evil cackle here*
but really, i've enjoyed the time i've had here and i can't wait to graduate. i'm taking those major classes so there's little time for my newest love, photography, but as long as i have my sanity then all will be well. mrgreen

again, i'm probably lying. sweatdrop  

blackcatluck

Dapper Gaian

LadyNox
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 1:11 pm
blackcatluck
oooh college, how i heart thee.....

of course i'm lying.

i'm about to step into my fourth and FINAL year of college, making it out with a psychology degree. soon i will be molding the minds of the young and fashioning them into a society that i desire *insert evil cackle here*
but really, i've enjoyed the time i've had here and i can't wait to graduate. i'm taking those major classes so there's little time for my newest love, photography, but as long as i have my sanity then all will be well. mrgreen

again, i'm probably lying. sweatdrop

Don't lie to the cute children. We psych majors are anything but sane. XD

I'm about to graduate too. Can't wait to get a hold of all those troubled people and smack some sense into them! XDDDD  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2006 2:32 pm
I'm in my second semester.

Major-CIS:Computer Information Technology
Minor- International Business and Japanese

I had between a 3.2 and 3.5 GPA, I know it's going to drop this semester. >_< My stupid gov. class. I'm terrible with plain test taking and that's all there is to it. Doesn't help that I take 18 hours a semester. :3 Good thing about my university...for Japanese minor. X3 I'm going to Japan for a whole month to study. Yay!  

Ichigohiko

Herzeleider

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2006 5:34 pm
ah! your so lucky Ichigohiko! I would love to study over seas.

Right now Im at a stupid city college. I'm not having fun. And people ask me what year I am. I have no idea how to answer. because i was taking misc classes before, I decided to actually do something. But it'll only take me a year to get all my transfer credits. well less now since spring semester is almost over. Next Jan. of '07 I'll be transferring with my love to SF Academy of art. Which I'm freaking out because everyone is saying it's a really expensive college... sweatdrop one of the reasons why I was going to go there was cause it was a private college. And my highschool grades (and some grades now) are not good enough for the state schools.

I've deffinatly know I'm not a good student. I'm always stressed out, and dont know what Im spose to be doing (what classes I need to be taking)
I have about a 2.7 GPA... I hate school so much. I was never taught anything about it, and when people say go see a counsler, I think, "what the hell am I spose to ask them?" ... plus I have a fear of them, they think they are so great. And they make me feel stupid. At least the one at my highschool did. Never been able to get over that.

I think though, once I get all these credits out of the way and finally move, I'll start having more fun. I kinda want to quit all together though, cause Im all stressed out. And my dad makes it worse. Im might be thinking too much.

phew! what a load off. rofl  
PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2006 11:18 am
I've had four years and I still haven't chosen a major. sweatdrop

I flunked out of a four year college my second year and have been going to a two year college. This summer I'll be sending out transfer appilcations, though, especially to the one I flunked out of. Eh-heh. I really need to get my head on straight, but all I know is I like art. I don't know if I want to major in that or in English, or if I even think I can make a career with it later on. x_X I don't suppose anyone has advice I'll actually take?  

Ace of Blue Spades

Questionable Cat

32,450 Points
  • Enemy of the Goat 25
  • Festive Eye 50
  • Tree's the Season 100

Seizon

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 5:35 pm
I get to start college this fall.

I am both scared and excited at the same time. I have no clue what I am going to major in or what I am going to do in the future.

I have a few ideas, though. I have limited my major down into four primary categories: Communications (market advertising), law, psychology or politics. In addition, I will minor in business and hopefuly continue learning French and start learning Japanese!

Good thing I am only going to a community college! I still have time to decide what I am going to do with my life.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 2:46 pm
I'm in the first year of English language and Culture at university (is that still considered 'college'?). At the moment, I'm finishing up my second semester, last exam is next Friday (STRESS xd ). All in all I'm enjoying myself pretty well, but as I don't live in the city my university is in, I'm not in any organisations (too much fuss, all that travelling sucks x.x).

(and YES my punctuation need serious work.. too tired to bother with that now, though razz )  

Japlish~Princess

0 Gecko Girl Vici 0

Tipsy Regular

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 8:22 pm
All you college people T__T

I'm in my senior year of HS. But to me, college is right around the corner =

I'm SO confused about college. How the hell does it work ?_?

So.. I'm assuming that you first go to a four year college and then a university? Or am I way off? And do you choose classes or are you assigned classes according to your major? What if you dont pick a major? =( As a college-bound senior.. I should really know a lot more about college.

.. help! cry  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 8:41 pm
gecko_girl_vici
All you college people T__T

I'm in my senior year of HS. But to me, college is right around the corner =

I'm SO confused about college. How the hell does it work ?_?

So.. I'm assuming that you first go to a four year college and then a university? Or am I way off? And do you choose classes or are you assigned classes according to your major? What if you dont pick a major? =( As a college-bound senior.. I should really know a lot more about college.

.. help! cry

A university is a type of college. You take whatever classes you want but you have to fill certain requirements if you want degrees, which is why you choose a major, to earn a degree in something. For instance, I go to Long Island University and I started out taking regular high school type classes (you know, english/math/science etc) and then after 2 semesters decided I wanted a degree in Digital Art and Design, so now Im a Digital Art and Design major and I take classes that are needed to fulfill the requirements to get a degree in Digital Art and Design.  

Shadow_Orexia

princessMeep

Shy Saint

4,050 Points
  • Battle: Cleric 100
  • Timid 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 9:33 am
I'm working on my college essay today, yay! (I'm a senior.) I've gotta re-take the SATs and take the ACTs and ... ew. I've taken college classes before, and so far, the application has been harder than the classes themselves. *dies*

That being said, I plan to double major in English & history, with a minor in ... something; possibly polisci and/or a forgein language.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 8:39 am
University is eating at my brain and makes me want to kill myself. This is my second year. I'm majoring in Chemistry and English with minors in East Asian Studies and Communications. GPA? Well I think it's 3.2 now. And I made the Dean's List for the first time xp nearly had a heart attack.  

Blaz

TrinitySpark

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 10:57 am
I only finished one semester. I was at Penn State Delco and I had some problems (i.e my grandmother claming i was a devil worshiper and thus considering it her christian duty to kcik me out) thus leaving me homeless. but my was taking the Prerequsites for nursing. lol i loved it there. it was fun. now i have to see if they'll take me back in spring or summer. * crosses fingers*  
[Rant and Rave]_____GLBT, Life-Topics, Politics, Rants

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff