Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Shounen Ai and Yaoi Guild

Back to Guilds

A Guild dedicated to discussing Yaoi and Boy Love. 

Tags: yaoi, shounen ai, boy love, anime, manga 

Reply [The Pocky Shop]____Discussion Of Pre-Existing Creations (Anime/Manga/Books)
[Mercedes Lackey] fans hanging around? Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Favorite trilogy
Mage wars
8%
 8%  [ 2 ]
Last Herald Mage
52%
 52%  [ 13 ]
Vows and Honor
4%
 4%  [ 1 ]
Heralds of Valdemar
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Mage Winds
8%
 8%  [ 2 ]
Mage Storms
4%
 4%  [ 1 ]
Darians Tale
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Stand Alone Novel
24%
 24%  [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 25

gotyaoi

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 12:41 am
Basically, I'm just wondering if there are any other fans of Lackey's Valdemar series hanging around the guild. Especially the Last Herald Mage trilogy, for Vanyel doth most surely rock. So yeah, any other fans, fell free to pop in and tell of you favorite, characters/books/general story arcs...

secret message to follow

VanyelxTylendel is hot. Never has hinting at things been so smexy.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 1:17 am
Vanyel is the coolest! I fell in love with those books years ago. I would kill to own a harcover edition of the compiled three books. heart  

Suulewen

Suulewen

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 1:21 am
gotyaoi
Basically, I'm just wondering if there are any other fans of Lackey's Valdemar series hanging around the guild. Especially the Last Herald Mage trilogy, for Vanyel doth most surely rock. So yeah, any other fans, fell free to pop in and tell of you favorite, characters/books/general story arcs...

secret message to follow

But I want to know the secret message NOW... ninja
I never really thought about about weather or not Homosexuality was ok until I read the Last Hearld Mage Trillogy and then I made up my mind that it was ok. I eventually discovered shonen ai/yaoi. Now I am an addict. As Marrion Zimmner Bradly said when she first read her stories and was putting togther Sword and Soceress "Damn You Misty!" Now the addiction must be fed... crying  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 5:11 pm
gotyaoi

secret message to follow

I've only read the first one, and I'm going to nag my dad into getting me the other two.

Oh, and I much agree with the secret message.....

It made me so sad when Tylendel died cry  

lola_tenshi

Distinct Citizen

4,250 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Pet Lover 100
  • Tycoon 200

gotyaoi

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 7:24 pm
Suulewen
But I want to know the secret message NOW... ninja

hint, I used the spoiler trick.

On a side note, would the people who post here possibly be interested in a Valdemar style RP?  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 10:38 pm
My favorite Misty novel is The Black Swan, which is not particularly slashy.

I actually didn't like Vanyel very much. The books didn't hold my interest anywhere near as much as her other stuff did, and that's even counting in the lovely gayness, which holds my interest more than most things.

I was obsessed with Mercedes Lackey for a while, but now I'm off her. She writes Sues.

I should probably reread the books. Mmmmm . . . Firesong . . .

That was his name, wasn't it? Because he was smexy.  

lynx wings

Trickster Kitsune

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2006 9:21 pm
I love a lot of the Valdemar books by Mercedes Lackey... Except for the most recent ones she's done (before she went on her supposed "3 year break"). My favorite series is the Last Herald-Mage, followed closely by the Winds trilogy (I heart Firesong!).

But, I have moved on... Her writing just isn't as good as I used to think it was. Now I'm obsessively reading the books by R.A. Salvatore. No slash, but they are still really, really good. ^^ Though, I would find the Drizzt x Entreri pairing rather interesting... --goes off to ponder it--  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 12:17 am
Trickster Kitsune
But, I have moved on... Her writing just isn't as good as I used to think it was. Now I'm obsessively reading the books by R.A. Salvatore. No slash, but they are still really, really good. ^^ Though, I would find the Drizzt x Entreri pairing rather interesting... --goes off to ponder it--

Ah yes, the forgotten realms. Though, I've never really been a fan of the whole rivals becoming involved with each other thing, especially when most, if not all of their meetings before focused on killing each other. It always seems forced, or strained. (Besides, I'm keeping Drizzit for myself. twisted ) I'd much prefer a Zaknefein x Drizzit pairing. But, that's just me.  

gotyaoi

Lunar Kissed

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 8:46 pm
I've read several of her books, but the only one I remotely liked was The Black Swan. Even that is pushing it. I wanted the prince to die.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 10:06 pm
gotyaoi
Trickster Kitsune

Ah yes, the forgotten realms. Though, I've never really been a fan of the whole rivals becoming involved with each other thing, especially when most, if not all of their meetings before focused on killing each other. It always seems forced, or strained. (Besides, I'm keeping Drizzit for myself. twisted ) I'd much prefer a Zaknefein x Drizzit pairing. But, that's just me.

Ahh... But I had in mind a lot of messing with minds and someone tied up. 3nodding But that's just me.

And if I could, I'd tie up Drizzt and keep him for myself as well. whee  

Trickster Kitsune

Renegade Jarlaxle

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 9:28 pm
Trickster Kitsune
gotyaoi
Trickster Kitsune

Ahh... But I had in mind a lot of messing with minds and someone tied up. 3nodding But that's just me.

And if I could, I'd tie up Drizzt and keep him for myself as well. whee

i find jarlaxle x entreri make a hot couple...a hot couple cool  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2006 11:05 am
The Last Mage series were my favorite triliogy.  

Raven_Of_The_Sky

Bloodyblade666

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2006 9:25 am
Ya, the mage was very good, it had a bit of a darker side then some of her work. I also love Brightly Burning, that is one hell of a good book to read, also the gryan onces give a bit more about the world that miss larkey has made.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2006 5:25 pm
Renegade Jarlaxle

That's very true as well. ^_^ My, Entreri sure does get around. wink

And I love your avatar! whee  

Trickster Kitsune

Renegade Jarlaxle

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2006 6:02 pm
Trickster Kitsune
Renegade Jarlaxle

That's very true as well. ^_^ My, Entreri sure does get around. wink

And I love your avatar! whee

aw, why thank you! whee and yes entreri is quite the man whore in my twisted fantasy's rofl  
[The Pocky Shop]____Discussion Of Pre-Existing Creations (Anime/Manga/Books)

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games