Welcome to Gaia! ::

★ Avatar Alley ★ - Dress Up & Ghosting!

Back to Guilds

A guild for dressing up, ghosting, themed avis, contests, and more! 

Tags: avatar, alley, ghosting, dress up, avis 

Reply 🌸 Avatar Alley | MAIN 🌸
Item Chat! Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Summer Sale!
  Yes!
  Eh
  Neh!
View Results

DawnLuna

Vice Captain

Hilarious Phantom

15,675 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Married 100
  • Empyrean Scribe 0
PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2023 1:32 pm
So avi related in a way!
What do you all think of the recent items??
Like?
Dislike?
Comments!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2023 3:02 pm
Link to the sale Thread  

DawnLuna

Vice Captain

Hilarious Phantom

15,675 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Married 100
  • Empyrean Scribe 0

ZeeZeeMonster
Crew

Backwoods Pirate

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2023 6:51 pm
I was really surprised. I liked both the original Valkyrie and Vicious Cycle items. I suspect I might like tomorrow's teams better. Fantasy adventure is my jam. (Plus the clockwork background feeds my steampunk longing)

Fortunately, though, I haven't really needed any of the recolors. The background on forgotten vicious cycle is a little tempting,but since it's wrapped up in a random bundle generator, I'm not going to go out of my way to get it, not until I've scoped out other items, first  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2023 6:58 pm
ZeeZeeMonster
I was really surprised. I liked both the original Valkyrie and Vicious Cycle items. I suspect I might like tomorrow's teams better. Fantasy adventure is my jam. (Plus the clockwork background feeds my steampunk longing)

Fortunately, though, I haven't really needed any of the recolors. The background on forgotten vicious cycle is a little tempting,but since it's wrapped up in a random bundle generator, I'm not going to go out of my way to get it, not until I've scoped out other items, first

Nice! Honestly I looked at your avi like half an hour ago and that nearly convinced me to get the items. Before that I was more on the fence.
The clockwork background is really awesome.

I think Ill like the legs on the next two items ( from the promo picture) Im hoping to get those! Fingers crossed.

Anything else catch your fancy or naw? Lots of bundles.  

DawnLuna

Vice Captain

Hilarious Phantom

15,675 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Married 100
  • Empyrean Scribe 0

ZeeZeeMonster
Crew

Backwoods Pirate

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2023 7:12 pm
DawnLuna
ZeeZeeMonster

Nice! Honestly I looked at your avi like half an hour ago and that nearly convinced me to get the items. Before that I was more on the fence.

I think Ill like the legs on the next two items ( from the promo picture) Im hoping to get those! Fingers crossed.

I looked at the groovy ghosts bundle because I might have gone insane and bought a rainbow parcel ticket a while back. I'm looking for items that might go well with a revamped version of the 'paranormal' scheme I did. Sadly I only saw one item that I really wanted that I didn't already have, or at least have a version of, and 1200 gc is a bit much to spend on just one item, especially since I'm just looking to fill out a 'suggested item' list

If I could buy the 'heirloom' bundle outright instead of playing a chance item for it, I might get that. There are some up for sale on the marketplace, right now, but I'm a bit plat-poor at the moment and I want to save the gcash for any other goodies that might come along (not that 600 gcash is bad for bundles that include 6 items)

**edit** I might see what kind of price the Miss Witch Umami drop is. That item is a fave of mine, and Miss Ancient Witch is one of the few versions that isn't in my collection  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2023 10:40 pm
ZeeZeeMonster
DawnLuna
ZeeZeeMonster

I looked at the groovy ghosts bundle because I might have gone insane and bought a rainbow parcel ticket a while back. I'm looking for items that might go well with a revamped version of the 'paranormal' scheme I did. Sadly I only saw one item that I really wanted that I didn't already have, or at least have a version of, and 1200 gc is a bit much to spend on just one item, especially since I'm just looking to fill out a 'suggested item' list

If I could buy the 'heirloom' bundle outright instead of playing a chance item for it, I might get that. There are some up for sale on the marketplace, right now, but I'm a bit plat-poor at the moment and I want to save the gcash for any other goodies that might come along (not that 600 gcash is bad for bundles that include 6 items)

**edit** I might see what kind of price the Miss Witch Umami drop is. That item is a fave of mine, and Miss Ancient Witch is one of the few versions that isn't in my collection

Ah congrats on the ticket!
I feel that for sure, I was just picking up scraps from the bundles so far. Not bad.
I see they are going to have User ImageWitchy Aesthetic later and I cant figure out how Im gonna get it!?! If its in cloud 9 I will be so upset.  

DawnLuna

Vice Captain

Hilarious Phantom

15,675 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Married 100
  • Empyrean Scribe 0

ZeeZeeMonster
Crew

Backwoods Pirate

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2023 4:46 am
I was looking at witchy aesthetic also, though it's going to get out up later than I usually go to bed. Here's hoping that the release takes down the price on the marketplace at least. The two listings there are both for over a million plat xp  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2023 10:40 am
ZeeZeeMonster
I was looking at witchy aesthetic also, though it's going to get out up later than I usually go to bed. Here's hoping that the release takes down the price on the marketplace at least. The two listings there are both for over a million plat xp

I hope so! Ive regretted eveytime I didnt just get it when it came out. Its just why cloud 9 so sucks. That one specifically just lives in the millions gonk  

DawnLuna

Vice Captain

Hilarious Phantom

15,675 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Married 100
  • Empyrean Scribe 0

ZeeZeeMonster
Crew

Backwoods Pirate

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2023 1:46 pm
DawnLuna
ZeeZeeMonster

I hope so! Ive regretted eveytime I didnt just get it when it came out. Its just why cloud 9 so sucks. That one specifically just lives in the millions gonk
. Any of the other items catch your eye? We've got leaks on the two new items for tomorrow, but I'm only into one pose from one of them.

For today, I bought the rogue item and played the chance bundle for the accursed version (got it), but I'm on the fence about the nature magic item. I like the hair, but am not into most of the other poses  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2023 4:10 pm
Well I think I was more excited last year's summer sale, but at that time I couldn't get anything because I spent all of my plat prior. I was really into the Teavination and Dragoon items last year

This year I'm spending lot of plat I saved up... especially since it was my bday yesterday, and I just was like whatever screw it; buy me presents time

Bought the bundle with eternal monogatari..
2 dawn of destiny bundles: heirloom and amaranth one...
& I found someone selling wondrous bundle on exchange so bought it with plat

I'm debating if I should buy the Blooming one or either the Edge of Eternity Heavensent or Flow of Fate: Kokeshi bundles.... Part of me is like yeah I can afford one of them but... other part of me thinks I spent too much and could wait it out
(I also dunno if I wanna try my luck with the RIG; I just feel it'll be bad so I don't wanna risk it)

I also want the witchy aesthetic and was thinking of spending gcash on it but both of them (one in bundle and not) are in cloud 9, so gave up on that sweatdrop  

Mini Black Velvet

BloodAngel95

Shy Cat

51,900 Points
  • Winged 100
  • The Edgiest 250
  • Coloring Champion 0
PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2023 8:53 pm
I wasn't excited. Most of last year summer new items weren't great for me and this year hmmm... not liking the new items either. That Vicious Cycle does have some great background though!

I actually got all the bundles from the Dawn of Destiny bundles! Amaranth, Heirloom, Blooming, and Sandman! I just loved them all and had to get them! Especially sandman, most of them item were on my Wishlist!
I bought only one with gcash, but got the amaranth one, my least wanted one because it had a recolor of Valkyrie Hime, but I liked the other item in it. However, I did sell it and bought one of the other bundles I wanted instead! Wasn't too bad on my plat 3nodding

For day two of the sale thankfully only two bundles from Flow of Fate caught my eye: Withered and Kokeshi. I have only bought withered so far though, I hope the other one goes down in price a bit. But like with the amaranth bundle I didn't like the BE recolor of Environmentally Conscious Magic, so I went ahead and sold it.

Now the Edge of Eternity bundles I didn't really love any of them, but if the price is low I may get the Heavensent and/or Auspicious bundles. I think they would be nice to add to my invo.

Overall I'll say I got a good bunch of items from the sale from just those 5 bundles I got and don't feel like I spent that much since I sold those two item I didn't like.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2023 9:48 pm
really interesting reading all this!
Im still stalking the listings hoping to pick up a few things
Withered Environmentally Conscious Magic and Natural Ultimately Distracted are the hopes. Maybe tomorrows will have some commons!  

DawnLuna

Vice Captain

Hilarious Phantom

15,675 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Married 100
  • Empyrean Scribe 0

Aeternam

Captain

Fashionable Duck

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2023 10:52 am
So this item came out today: User ImageMoonlight Environmentally Conscious Magic
I think this is a new scheme. Colors listed are chiffon yellow, navy blue, crimson red, ivory, brass gold, bamboo green, pinky, lemon.

Any thoughts on this?

Personally I love anything with bamboo green. I also really like the variety of colors.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2023 6:00 pm
So Prismas have been released. Do you have any thoughts?

I like the background items but the halo is kinda chunky and meh.
I think the price point for the mini wings is high...should have been $10 for the set and not each. I feel like Gaia is so out of touch with the broader economy these days and our "fun" spending money is dwindling. I think they would get more sales if they priced things lower, even the regular CS items. Especially with the amount of recolors, bundles, rigs, and exclusives that we get bombarded with each week.  

Aeternam

Captain

Fashionable Duck

Mini Black Velvet

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2023 10:50 am
Aeternam
So Prismas have been released. Do you have any thoughts?

I like the background items but the halo is kinda chunky and meh.
I think the price point for the mini wings is high...should have been $10 for the set and not each. I feel like Gaia is so out of touch with the broader economy these days and our "fun" spending money is dwindling. I think they would get more sales if they priced things lower, even the regular CS items. Especially with the amount of recolors, bundles, rigs, and exclusives that we get bombarded with each week.

I do like the animated sparkles.
I don't think I use Halos that often so can go without that at least

However gotta agree with the latter statement, I don't really like gaia putting exclusives into bundles & rigs (especially when just don't want the other items or rigs )
like I really wanted the Your Pure Aria, but I'm not really happy with being forced to buy the RIG bundle to get it.

I really liked the recent shadowlescent abyssal realm bundle that came out because they were all new at least (though still recolors so not like new new in a way?) , so snagged it off of MP  
🌸 Avatar Alley | MAIN 🌸

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff