Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Quidditch Pitch
Announcer's Booth Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

addaellis

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2023 7:59 pm

Qudditch Stands - the Announcer's Booth

In the middle of the stands surrounding the Quidditch Pitch is a booth adorned year-round by the banners of all four houses and reserved for professors and visiting governors: the announcer's booth.

From the front of the booth the Quidditch Announcers can keep track of and report on the action. (And in case of any biased reporting, professors can conveniently keep track of the announcers.) Access to the official scoreboard is through here too.

Announcers: in the first post of a game please include in bold the school year, teams, and weather.
-If announcing based on actual gameplay please include a link to the starting post.
-If making up the action, please tag any mentioned players so they can let you know if any edits are needed.

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2023 8:05 pm

Record of Quidditch Announcers:
Ferdinand Delacroix (until graduation in 2044)
August Li (2044-2050)
Rhea Lane (2046 - 2051)
Sparrow Winchester (2049 - 2055)
Flynn Wingrove (2054 - 2059)
Tahmas Ghobbhain (2058 - present)
Aedan MacInnes (2059 - present)
Juliette Delacroix (2059 - present)

If interested in announcing for Quidditch, please reach out one of the current announcers

addaellis

addaellis

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2023 8:31 pm
reserved just in case

Thread is Open for roleplaying

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2023 12:37 pm
User ImageUser Image
xx Wʜᴇʀᴇ Aᴍ I? Quidditch Announcer's Booth
xxx Wʜᴏ Is Wɪᴛʜ Mᴇ? Professor Xiang Liu
xxxx Wʜᴀᴛ's Gᴏɪɴɢ Oɴ? Preparing for the game!
xxxxx Wʜᴀᴛ's Iɴsɪᴅᴇ Mʏ Hᴇᴀᴅ? What do you mean I can't use the mic to say hi to my pals?

Starting today, Tàmhas was officially on his own as the announcer for Quidditch. He'd gotten there really early to work with Professor Liu to make sure everything was all set up properly. He'd also gotten there quite a bit early because it took him forever to walk up the stairs to the Announcer Booth. It was up really high, but Professor Liu (and Flynn and Áedán) had all assured him that both the stands and the booth itself were incredibly secure.

Grabbing his binoculars, he looked down to the field, watching as the students shuffled in. There were two he recognized immediately. A brunette and a fiery redhead, both in their green uniforms. The new announcer grabbed the mic and called out, "Guid day Áedán! Hey-o Erikk! Tis me, Tàm! A'm wey up 'ere in th' booth! Guid luck th'day! Och! Sorry, Professor, ah wis.... Tryin` oot th' mic?" A nervous laugh sounded over the mic as well, before it suddenly cut off.

"Sounds like the mic works, kiddo. You ready for the big show? It's going to be a great game, I can feel it in my bones! There's a list there of all the players, their positions, houses, and jersey numbers. Anything else you need from me?" She looked out the viewing window, smiling at the pitch below. She was pretty excited to get the game started, and to watch her kids fly. "Na, ah think a'm okay. Hauld yer horses. Wha wrote this list? ye'v git messy writing, professor! hing oan, let me re-write it 'ere..." Tàm hurried to write the list in his tidy script, all while Professor Liu laughed over it. "Yea, I teach a class that doesn't need nice writing. I'll hang here another minute, then head down. Healer Marni should be getting here soon too." Tàm gave a little salute, peering through his binoculars to the field below once more.

{{Wearing :: Kilt & Sweater}}
          Tàmhas - #43B3AE
          Xiang - #E20074
          Trickblues
          Áedán

addaellis

I, I'ᴍ sɪᴄᴋ ᴀɴᴅ ᴛɪʀᴇᴅ ᴏғ ʙᴇɪɴɢ sɪᴄᴋ ᴀɴᴅ ᴛɪʀᴇᴅ
          Aɴᴅ ʟᴇᴛᴛɪɴɢ ᴀʟʟ ᴛʜᴇsᴇ ɴᴇɢᴀᴛɪᴠᴇ ᴛʜᴏᴜɢʜᴛs ᴄᴏʟʟɪᴅᴇ
          Wʜʏ ʙᴇᴛʀᴀʏ ᴍʏ ᴍɪɴᴅ ᴡʜᴇɴ I ᴋɴᴏᴡ ᴛʜᴇ ᴄᴏɴᴛʀᴏʟ ɪs ᴍɪɴᴇ
          Gᴏᴛ ɴᴏ ᴛɪᴍᴇ ᴛᴏ sɪᴛ ᴏɴ ᴛʜᴇ sɪᴅᴇʟɪɴᴇs ᴀɴᴅ ᴡᴀᴛᴄʜ ᴛʜᴇᴍ ᴘʟᴀʏ
          Tʜᴇ ᴘᴇᴏᴘʟᴇ ᴀʀᴏᴜɴᴅ ᴛʜᴇ ᴡᴏʀʟᴅ, ᴛʜᴇ ᴘᴇᴏᴘʟᴇ ᴀʀᴏᴜɴᴅ ᴛʜᴇ ᴡᴏʀʟᴅ
          Gᴏᴛᴛᴀ sᴛʀɪᴋᴇ ʟɪᴋᴇ ʟɪɢʜᴛɴɪɴɢ ᴀɴᴅ sʜɪɴᴇ ʟɪᴋᴇ ᴡᴇ'ʀᴇ ɴᴏᴛ ᴀғʀᴀɪᴅ
          Pᴇᴏᴘʟᴇ ᴀʀᴏᴜɴᴅ ᴛʜᴇ ᴡᴏʀʟᴅ sᴀʏ, I'ᴍ ᴀʟɪᴠᴇ
          I'ᴍ ʙʀᴇᴀᴛʜɪɴɢ ᴛᴏᴅᴀʏ. I'ᴍ ᴀʟɪᴠᴇ, ᴊᴜsᴛ ᴅʏɪɴɢ ᴛᴏ ᴍᴀᴋᴇ ᴀ ɢᴏᴏᴅ ᴠɪʙᴇ
          I'ᴍ sᴛɪʟʟ ɪɴ ᴛʜᴇ ɢᴀᴍᴇ ᴀɴᴅ I ᴡᴏɴ'ᴛ ʟɪᴠᴇ ᴍʏ ʟɪғᴇ ᴀғʀᴀɪᴅ

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

addaellis

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2023 9:14 pm

User Image Σℂ ⊱∫
JULIETTE CORINNE DELACROIX

first year || Gryffindor || quarter veela
Daily Dragon Junior Writer and Camera Tripod || Quidditch Announcer-in-Training || Music Club appreciator
dipping their toes in Astronomy Club || Art of the Sword || Art Club

The first Quidditch game was today! Jules wasn’t looking to play -- Quidditch was great and all, and they knew they’d want something active, but they had a particular interest in the people behind the mic, giving the play-by-play of all the action, breaking down strategies and tactics and whatever other words there were for the mental game.

Daddy had explained how he’d been Quidditch announcer at school. As far as ten-year-old Juliette could figure out, he had done the quidditch announcing and the sports section of the Daily Dragon, and…one of them helped with the other? Jules planned to be in the Daily Dragon anyways, but shoutcasting —err, announcing— Quidditch sounded like wicked fun.

There hadn't been a tryouts for announcers like there had been for the teams, but Jules had asked around and found out the names of the current announcers. They hadn't managed to track them down quite yet--so today, they got to the pitch early before the games started-- just in time to hear a voice boom out, greeting Aedan--aha! that's one of the announcers! So that must be Tamhas up there then?.

Jules skipped their way up the stairs, stopped to catch their breath, and knocked on the wood by the announcer's booth. They rattled off the introduction that seemed standard for Hogwarts and stated their purpose for climbing up to this booth in particular instead of any other stand: “Hello? Oh hey, Professor Liu! And you must be Tamhas Ghobhainn. My name is Juliette Delacroix or Jules, like the unit for work. I’d like to be a Quidditch announcer! Howdo I join you?”

setting Announcer's Booth, before Game 1 of the 2059 year || with Professor Liu + That must be Tam
appearance 4'8" slim ||wearing gray bananas overalls+ mismatched sock-socks
status Hey Professor Liu is here! There wasn't exactly a recruitment for announcers, so here I am!

Trickblues

User ImageUser ImageUser Image
Hues that you carry inside, they reside in the depths of your heart
Flickering red and blue lines intertwine, drifting in from afar
I’ll sing a song to you ringing so strong through the fiercest of winds
My voice will carry the words that I held here resounding within
Σℂ ⊱∫
"Suzume no Togimari" by RADWIMPS for Suzume. English Cover by IN0RI

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2023 10:25 pm
User ImageUser Image
xxx Wʜᴏ Is Wɪᴛʜ Mᴇ? Professor Xiang Liu & Jules Delacroix
xxxxx Wʜᴀᴛ's Iɴsɪᴅᴇ Mʏ Hᴇᴀᴅ? An Apprentice!

Tàmhas was excited as people moved in, then someone knocked on the booth. Tàm and Xiang both turned, moving to welcome a younger student to the room. Apparently they hadn't been expecting to see Professor Liu here. "Yes! Hey kiddo! You want to join our announcer team? What do you think, Tàm? Got room for an understudy?" Xiang did a little excited dance of sorts, ever a powderkeg of energy.

The teen donned a bright grin, practically vibrating with excitement. "Aye! Och, aye! It wull be stoatin tae hae anither body in th' group. Urr ye free th'day? Áedán's playing, sae ah cuid uise a mukker tae hulp announce." He grinned over, hoping Jules would help out. "Forby, ah ken a' aboot joules. Pa uses thaim tae measure howfur muckle wirk tae uise whin hammering blades. An' a' wi' th' power hammer 'n' metal press, they're mesured in joules tae, ah think." He nodded a few times, his messy hair bouncing with the movement.

Hopefully Áedán wouldn't mind them having an apprentice. It was just like how they were apprentices too! His smile never faltered, but he did walk over to pull another chair up to the front. There were already two sets of binoculars, and now they had a neatly written list of players. Hopefully Jules would be able to start up today! She was fantastic.

Tàmhas - #43B3AE
          Xiang - #E20074
          Trickblues
          Áedán

addaellis

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

addaellis

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2023 12:42 am

User Image Σℂ ⊱∫

Daily Dragon Junior Writer and Camera Tripod || Quidditch Announcer-in-Training || Music Club appreciator

Professor Liu, like a battery in human form, was ever excited, doing a little dance as she greeted Jules and asked if Tam might have room for an understudy. Tamhas–Tam–grinned brightly, his messy brown curls bouncing with his nod. He had an accent–Scottish, definitely, not Irish. He pulled another chair up to the front of the box, asking if they were free today. Oh! ”Today like now? Yeah! Nothing better than hands-on training, right? Right on!”

Jules took the seat offered, mirroring the grin Tam and Professor Liu had. They looked at the piece of paper on the counter-space between them. It looked to be a list of names, numbers, and positions. ”Is this the roster for all the teams? Today is Gryffindor versus Slytherin, right? So we need…these two?”

They looked out at the Pitch, which looked so much more manageable from up here. They took a deep breath and turned back to Tam and Professor Liu. ”So I know the rules of Quidditch. But I don’t really know many of the plays or…well anything about the teams. How…What do you want me to do today?”

setting Announcer's Booth, before Game 1 of the 2059 year || with Professor Liu + That must be Tam
status Hands-on! Yeah! Let's go!

Trickblues

Σℂ ⊱∫

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2023 12:09 pm
User ImageUser Image
xxx Wʜᴏ Is Wɪᴛʜ Mᴇ? Jules Delacroix
xxxxx Wʜᴀᴛ's Iɴsɪᴅᴇ Mʏ Hᴇᴀᴅ? An Apprentice!

Tàmhas nodded when Jules asked if he'd meant today, as in right now. "Aye! Ah cuid uise th' mae hauns. 'N' thir's ainlie yin wey tae pure learn. Ye kin hulp me oot, 'n' mibbie th'morra... Or efter today's gam, ah will shaw ye howfur tae wirk a' th' equipment." He nodded happily, his usual grin happily settled on his face. "Yep! slytherin 'n' gryffindor leid up th' games, sae thae twa ur aff tae come in handy. Slytherin haes a ticht gang, sae hopefully thay kin jook injuries th'day. Otherwise, we'll be peepin' a forfeit." Tàm shook his head, clucking his tongue.

When Jules mentioned knowing the rules, but not much else, Tàm tapped his chin in pondering. "Weel, ye kin aye ask me. Juist let me ken 'n' ah will cut th' mic, then we kin discuss plays. Otherwise, ah kin gie ye hings tae say fur th'day. 'n' ah hae a pure guid book oan quidditch ah kin len ye this efternoon. It helped me a lot, sin a'd ne'er heard o' it afore schuil, 'n' ah cannae speil." He nodded confidently, fully prepared to help his young apprentice.

"Alright, awesome.! You guys have got this. I'm gonna head down to the pitch. Y'know, my job and all. Good luck! I think Professor Clarke said she'd check in on you in case you needed a hand." Xiang sent double thumbs up to the kids, then moonwalked backwards out of the room and scampered down to the pitch below. Green eyes watched in a bit of confusion, his brows furrowed. "She's an odd doo, bit she's pure crakin'. 'ere, let me shaw ye howfur tae wirk th' mic afore th' gam starts." He grinned, moving to show Jules all the buttons.

{{1 - "Yes! I could use the extra hands. And there's only one way to really learn. You can help me out, and maybe tomorrow... or after today's game, I'll show you how to work all the equipment."
          2 - "Yep! Slytherin and Gryffindor lead up the games, so these two are going to come in handy. Slytherin has a tight team, so hopefully they can avoid injuries today. Otherwise, we'll be watching a forfeit."
          3 - "Well, you can always ask me. Just let me know and I'll cut the mic, then we can discuss plays. Otherwise, I can give you things to say for today. And I have a really good book on quidditch I can loan you this afternoon. It helped me a lot, since I'd never heard of it before school, and I can't play."
          4 - "She's an odd bird, but she's really nice. Here, let me show you how to work the mic before the game starts."}}
          Tàmhas - #43B3AE
          Xiang - #E20074
          Trickblues
          Áedán

addaellis

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2023 8:16 pm
User ImageUser Image
xxxx Wʜᴀᴛ's Gᴏɪɴɢ Oɴ? Game Time!
xxxxx Wʜᴀᴛ's Iɴsɪᴅᴇ Mʏ Hᴇᴀᴅ? This will be great!

Tàmhas was waiting a moment as Professor Xiang went outside and headed down. Jeepers, when had so many people wandered on the pitch? And the stands were full too! "Weel, na time lik' th' the noo fur learning! 'ere we gang!" He grinned happily, then turned to the front. It was time to watch the game and get his job going.

"Awright 'n' fàilte tae th' pitch, 'ere oan this bonnie day. This is yer announcer, Tàmhas Ghobhainn, joined th'day by oor freish apprentice announcer, Jules Delacroix. We're aff tae witness th' foremaist gam o' th' seezin, wi' Gryffindor gaun heid tae boost wi' Slytherin. Professor Liu is setting up, 'n' 'ere we gang! Th' quaffle is in th' air! it looks lik' Gryffindor Captain, Aria League cam awa' wi' th' quaffle tae stairt!" He started the game off with a greeting, as usual, excited as always for the game. Though, secretly, selfishly he hoped his best pal wouldn't be hit by Zack Knapp, the wildcard Beater on the Gryffindor team.

{{Announcing for the 2059-60 Gryffindor/Slytherin Game}}
          {{1 - "Well, no time like the present for learning! Here we go!"
          2 - "Hello and welcome to the pitch, here on this lovely day. This is your announcer, Tàmhas Ghobhainn, joined today by our new apprentice announcer, Jules Delacroix. We're going to witness the first game of the season, with Gryffindor going head to head with Slytherin. Professor Liu is setting up, and here we go! The quaffle is in the air! It looks like Gryffindor Captain, Aria League came away with the quaffle to start!"}}
          Tàmhas - #43B3AE
          Xiang - #E20074
          Trickblues
          Áedán

addaellis

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2023 5:00 pm

User Image Σℂ ⊱∫

Jules nodded as they peered through the binoculars again. Tam was really energetic and kind, offering a book different Quidditch plays. Jules crinkled their face up at the mention of the book– who wanted to read a book about Quidditch when they could…wait there probably weren’t videos. Photos though? Maybe they’d get Roxie or Flick to do some of them….or maybe ask to watch practice while the teams did practice. That made more sense.

The game was on. Tam got the announcing started and even introduced Jules as his new apprentice announcer. Hey, they liked that! Immediately though, there was more action going on. Jules tried their best to follow the action–or at least the quaffle going around–who knew what was happening with the snitch.

”Slytherin…one of the chasers–comes away with the steal.

"Gryffindor steals–wait no, fumble on the steal, Slytherin still has the quaffle–no, Gryffindor has it?–wait I know her! That’s Gryffindor Captain Aria League coming back away with the quaffle! Oh and those bludgers look like they’re on the way to hitting someone.”

Jules barely had a moment to glance down at the team rosters before noticing another steal. ”Scratch that, Slytherin steals. That’s….” They pushed the mic towards Tam, running a finger along the rosters to find the number. ”Karah? Kara? Thomas with the quaffle.”

setting Announcer's Booth, before Game 1 of the 2059 year || with Tam
status Stolen, stolen, stolen--wow I don't know anyone

Σℂ ⊱∫

addaellis

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2023 9:41 pm
User ImageUser Image
xxxx Wʜᴀᴛ's Gᴏɪɴɢ Oɴ? Game Over!
xxxxx Wʜᴀᴛ's Iɴsɪᴅᴇ Mʏ Hᴇᴀᴅ? That was a good game!

Tàmhas grinned brightly when Jules took the mic. Names were hard, and he wasn't about to blame his new pal. Even when they had to consult notes, they did a good job. "That's richt! Karah Thomas wi' th' quaffle. 'N' it looks lik' she's making a speil fur th' goals! Och, bit Gryffindor Vice Captain Torin Byrnes mak's a went well save. Noo tae bygae ower tae Logan Strife." He nodded, getting his binoculars to try and see if the Seekers had made a successful catch. It didn't look as such. He sent another smile over towards Jules, then watched more action kick off.

"'N' 'ere we hae Slytherin Captain, Daphne Greensborough, stealing awa' th' quaffle fae Logan. Th' beaters ur getting fired up, shots oan baith... Hauld yer horses! Zack Knapp goes doon! A solid skelp thare fae Erikk Knapp, 'n' a mistimed swing proved his downfall. Och! 'n' Gryffindor Seeker, Skyla Byrnes comes awa' wi' th' snitch. Gryffindor wins! Congrats tae baith oor teams, that wis a stoatin gam. Cheers fur listening, 'n' hae yourselves a bonnie day!"

He signed off, peeking down to watch the few injuries get taken care of by the nurse as well as some concerned teammates. Checking that he'd turned off the mic, Tàm turned to Jules. "Ye did sic a guid jab! wantae hulp again fur th' neist gam? we'll hae Áedán tae, sae it'll be a stowed oot hoose. 'n' ye'r free tae gang, ah will tak' a bawherr tae shuffle mah wey doon a' thae steps. Dinnae cop obligated tae hauld ip fur mah slow sel." He sent over a timid grin, pushing himself to a stand. It took all of his energy, especially because he was up high. Being up here gave him the queasy knees. He held on to the doorframe for a moment, taking a sigh to try and prepare himself for the walk back to the ground.

{{Announcing for the 2059-60 Gryffindor/Slytherin Game}}
          {{1 - "That's right! Karah Thomas with the quaffle. And it looks like she's making a play for the goals! Oh, but Gryffindor Vice Captain Torin Byrnes makes a successful save. Now to pass over to Logan Strife."
          2 - "And here we have Slytherin Captain, Daphne Greensborough, stealing away the quaffle from Logan. The beaters are getting fired up, shots on both... Wait! Zack Knapp goes down! A solid hit there from Erikk Knapp, and a mistimed swing proved his downfall. Oh! And Gryffindor Seeker, Skyla Byrnes comes away with the Snitch. Gryffindor wins! Congrats to both our teams, that was a great game. Thanks for listening, and have yourselves a lovely day!"
          3 - "You did such a good job! Want to help again for the next game? We'll have Áedán too, so it'll be a full house. And you're free to go, I'll take a bit to shuffle my way down all these steps. Don't feel obligated to wait for my slow self."}}
          Tàmhas - #43B3AE
          Xiang - #E20074
          Trickblues
          Áedán

addaellis

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2023 11:24 pm

User Image Σℂ ⊱∫

Daily Dragon Junior Writer and Camera Tripod || Quidditch Apprentice Announcer || Music Club appreciator

It felt like Jules hadn't even able to properly catch their breath. Luckily, Tam took over, adding energy with the bludgers' movements. Jules just watched and listened, following the movement and action as quickly as they could

And then, all of a sudden the game was over. The Gryffindor seeker called out she'd caught the snitch, the ref blew the whistle, and Tam was there announcing the win for Gryffindor. Boo yeah!

Tam checked the microphone again before turning to Jules, praising them for a good job-- really? They felt rather like they'd floundered and didn't know anyone's name. But Tam was inviting them to the next game, which Aedan would be there for as well. "Yeah, of course! When's the next game and who's playing?"

They stood up, gathering the roster sheets and looking around for where to put them. "Could I get a picture of--a copy of these to study?"

Tam said they were free to go, saying something about not feeling obligated to help his slow self down the stairs. Ohhhh Tam must have been older than they thought. Like Grandpa Terrence! "Ohhh do you want me to get a broom? I need to get the book from you too."

setting Announcer's Booth, before Game 1 of the 2059 year || with Tam
status That went by way too fast!

Σℂ ⊱∫

addaellis

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2023 12:37 pm
User ImageUser Image
xxxx Wʜᴀᴛ's Gᴏɪɴɢ Oɴ? Game Over!
xxxxx Wʜᴀᴛ's Iɴsɪᴅᴇ Mʏ Hᴇᴀᴅ? I hate these stairs

Tàmhas was delighted when Jules seemed excited about the next game. They quickly asked about the next game and who all would be playing. "Richt, th' neist gam is in twa weeks, aye oan Seturday. There'll be a thing oan yer common room bulletin boord. It wull be Ravenclaw 'n' Hufflepuff, 'ere ur th' gang cards fur they twa." He nodded happily, hoping he could be of help. He was asked about getting a copy of all of them, and he quickly nodded an affirmative.

"O' coorse! 'ere, a dinnae ken th' copy spell yit, let me juist... Write thaim doon richt quick." He grabbed a pen and a pad of paper, quickly transcribing Professor Liu's messy writing into his tidy script. Once all four teams were written down, Tàm also copied down the quidditch schedule, then handed the small stack over to Jules. As they were ready to leave, Tàm offered for his new pal to go first, but Jules had other plans.

They offered to go and collect a broom, and Tàm's eyes widened. "Och! na. Ah kin donder, ah juist tak' a lang time fur o' mah bonus shank. Plus... A'm admittedly a bawherr feart o' flying. Heights aren't mah mukker." He tried to play off an awkward chuckle, but he felt his ears and cheeks warming a bit. He ran a hand through his messy hair, carefully adjusting his stance to (hopefully) make the walk a little less uncomfortable. "'n' ah kin git ye th' book efter. Lik'. Sup? Or dinner or something. Bit ah will git it tae ye." Hopefully that was enough motivation, especially for not wanting to make poor Jules walk so, so slowly down the stairs.

{{1 - "Right, the next game is in two weeks, always on Saturday. There'll be a thing on your common room bulletin board. It will be Ravenclaw and Hufflepuff, here are the team cards for those two."
          2 - "Of course! Here, I don't know the copy spell yet, let me just... write them down right quick."
          3 - "Oh! No. I can walk, I just take a long time because of my bonus leg. Plus... I'm admittedly a bit afraid of flying. Heights aren't my friend."
          4 - "And I can get you the book later. Like. Dinner? Or lunch or something. But I'll get it to you."}}
          Tàmhas - #43B3AE
          Xiang - #E20074
          Trickblues
          Áedán

addaellis

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2023 6:50 pm

User Image Σℂ ⊱∫

Daily Dragon Junior Writer and Camera Tripod || Quidditch Apprentice Announcer || Music Club appreciator

Juliette stood quietly to the side as Tam went through the trouble of recopying the entire roster for them. When they were about to leave, Tam waved them ahead again, saying he wasn’t a fan of flying or heights much and walked slow because of his bonus leg. They glanced down, and seemingly for the first time put together that one of Tam’s legs was a robot leg–”Oh! You have a cold leg! Mama has a cold arm! A err. A bonus arm!”

They continued, agreeing about heights not being their friend: ”Yeah.I get really dizzy if I look down too. If only we didn’t have to look down to…go down? Hey, hadn’t Tam said Aedan was on the Slytherin team and had been on that list? They took a deep breath, climbed up on the chair and peeked over the edge of the booth, clinging tightly onto a chair. Down on the pitch, the Slytherin team still making their way off the Pitch.

Jules cupped their hands around their mouth and screamed: ”HEY! AEDAN MACINNES! BRING YOUR BROOM UP HERE!”

This was, perhaps, what a microphone was for. But the microphone would have been too loud, and it wasn’t an official announcement or anything. They didn’t want Aedan to think he was in trouble or anything!

”Hi Aedan MacInnes,” they greeted when Aedan showed up. Jules was still clutching the chair with a vice grip, but their voice and tone was much calmer. ”Can you give Tam a ride down? Tam, that way you don’t have to look down. Just look at Aedan’s back the whole time and hold on tight.”

setting Announcer's Booth, just after Game 1 of the 2059 year || with Tam and Aedan
status Genius idea

Trickblues

Σℂ ⊱∫

addaellis

Trickblues

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2023 12:46 pm
User Image
Right now, I know that if I go, nothing will change
Yes, without delay the world will spin on either way
“In that case, it’s okay,” So I want to say
But I’m void of a voice for a phrase so fake
I’m afraid, ‘cause I’d want to be missed
See, the sad truth is

User Image

Halfblood | Third Year Slytherin | Thirteen Years Old
Apprentice Blacksmith | Art Club | Creature Appreciation Club | Quidditch Announcer/Beater
Autumn 2059 Announcer's Booth With: Erikk Jules & Tàm
Wearing: Beater Uniform Status: "That's gonnae be a load for the swear jar."

═══════════════════XXXX═══════════════════

That all could have gone better. Slytherin tried their best, but it just wasn’t enough. It felt like Gryffindor had taken them down before the game even really started; but maybe that was a good thing. Brianna, despite playing tough, looked to be in pretty bad shape. He didn’t want to think about what might have happened if Zack managed to hit that last bludger. As the other players began to make their way off the pitch, Áedán and Erikk hung back.

“Do you think Brianna’s gonnae be okay?” He asked. She was standing, at least… Kind of. Not really, actually. That leg looked terrible even from here.

Knapp shook his head, his arms crossed over his chest. He didn’t seem too bothered by the situation, at least not outwardly. “She’s a big girl; I’m sure she’ll be fine.” He heaved a big sigh.
                                                              “Might just let us have it when she gets back to the common room, though.”

Áedán’s gaze fell down to the grass. His hands shoved deep in his pockets, he tapped at the earth with the toe of his scuffed up sneaker. “...I should have blocked that hit.”

I should have blocked that hit. Not you. You were right to go after Zack; it was a good strategy. It’s just that there’s no good way to predict what a bludger’s going to do.” Erikk stepped closer and knocked the side of his fist against Áedán’s sternum, demanding his attention. Message received. “It’s the first game of the season–no matter how much practice we got, we were all a little rusty. Besides, you’re late to the game. No one’s going to blame you. You’ll get there.”

Áedán was admittedly surprised. He didn’t think Erikk Knapp was capable of being so… Understanding. Usually he was more of a hothead than he was. Somehow, that patience managed to make him feel worse. It was more than he deserved. Áedán knew he was behind in comparison to his peers. A few extra practices weren’t going to cut it. He would have to go into it with the same vigor and tenacity he did with his studies, or archery, or smithing.

“It won’t happen again.” He resolved. The smirk on Erikk’s face must have meant he approved.

“Thaaat’s the spirit. In that case–”

“HEY! AEDAN MACINNES! BRING YOUR BROOM UP HERE!”

The boys both startled, attention darting up to the announcer’s booth. It was hard to make out from that height, but there was a kid with white hair peeking over the edge. Where did they come from, anyway? Áedán thought it was strange when he heard a new voice over the mic with Tàm. He planned to head up in a minute anyway, but it seemed he was needed sooner than he thought. When he turned his attention back to Erikk, the other boy was already gathering his things.

“What? They’re calling for you, not me. Let’s meet back here after dinner. We’ll get a head start on the next practice. Cool?”

Áedán nodded as he grabbed his broom. “Aye, alright. Thanks.”

“Thank me when we win the cup. This isn’t over yet, you hear me?” Erikk patted the redhead on the shoulder before he made his way across the pitch to tend to his cousin.

As for Áedán, he hopped back on his broom and flew up to the booth. Once there he slid off without a proper stop and landed feet first on one of the steps, broom in hand. When he stepped into the booth he was greeted by the surprise announcer. ‘Oh, it’s that first year from Art Club. I thought the name sounded familiar.’ He put his free hand on his hip, an amused smirk as he was referred to by his full name. “Hi, Jules… Delacroix, right?” He greeted in turn, “Are you joining us for the season then? You did a good job today. Looking forward tae working with you.”

He raised a brow in surprise at the first year’s request. Áedán had every intention of joining Tàm for the walk down, but he hadn’t considered using his broom. The lad was scared of heights, and never got on a broom himself outside of the initial flying class as far as he knew. “Hm? I dinnae mind, but…”

On the other hand, he was scared of heights. Even the stairs must have been a daunting task for him from this high up, and Áedán was sure if his bonus leg wasn’t bothering him yet, it would be by the time they made it to solid ground. If he could convince Tàm to just get on the broom, they could be down in seconds with nothing more to worry about other than what to do with the rest of their afternoon, what with the game being cut so short.

“...Actually, you ken… Jules might be onto something, Tàmhas.” He used his full name for once, since it was a very serious matter. “It’d be easier oan you than climbing down. Sort of like… Ripping off a bandaid. We could be down in na time at all. All it would take is two seconds of courage.” He took Tàm by his hands and pulled him closer as allowed. “You ken I’d never let anything happen tae you. All you've got tae dae is hold oan tae me as tight as you can, 'n' if you get scared, you can just yell ‘wheeee’ all the way down.” The last bit was admittedly teasing; Áedán’s smile made that blatantly obvious. But it was all in good fun. Anything to help lighten his spirits. “Jules will even come down next tae us, won’t you?”

Between the two of them, it seemed like Tàm was convinced well enough to give it a go. Áedán had never flown with a passenger before, so he made sure they were both positioned as safely as possible. He took Tàm’s hands and hooked his arms around his waist, showing him where to grip. “Hold oan tae me. Just pretend you’re Master Aonghus giving the biggest bear hug you can muster, and we’ll be down before you ken it. You ready?”

The broom raised, Tàm‘s feet lifting off the ground just before Áedán’s. Over the edge of the rail they went, and then… “Okay. You can start yelling now.” Straight down they dropped! He expected Tàm to shout something, but what he hadn’t expected were the string of colorful curses through the sound of wind rushing past their ears. The Slytherin couldn’t help his laughter, even as (surprisingly sharp) nails dug into his skin through his shirt. Despite the initial rush, Áedán made sure to slow down the closer they got to the ground and made a smooth landing. “I’m sorry!” he laughed, “I’m sorry. I just. I figured straight down would be the easiest way. Dinnae be mad, you did sae great.”

════════════════════════════════════════════════

OOC:
                                                              Tam reactions confirmed by Gryffie heart
                                                              addaellis

Cinnabun Gryffie

I’m just an outcast trying to pass for someone strong
                                                              Nothing but a coward with a hated person’s song
                                                              As I write from my mind, all my wonders burst in colors
                                                              Reaching out to be...

Quidditch Pitch

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff