Welcome to Gaia! ::

★ Avatar Alley ★ - Dress Up & Ghosting!

Back to Guilds

A guild for dressing up, ghosting, themed avis, contests, and more! 

Tags: avatar, alley, ghosting, dress up, avis 

Reply 🌸 Avatar Alley | MAIN 🌸
Chicken Scratch & Cursive: An Avatar Story Thread - I LIVE! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Whats Your Favorite Part of Character Creation
  Deciding on their Fashion sense/style
  Characters Background. What happened to them and why do they act that way?
  Worldbuilding. Whats the history or current events they have to deal with?
  Planning how you'll Break Them *EVIL LAUGHTER
  Figuring out their own personality. Romantic? Anger issues? Rediculous phobias?
  Taking character A and character B and making the kiss (and stuff)
  Dude they just popped in my head one day and I am just riding the story like a cowboy atop a Eldritch monster hanging on for DEAR LIFE!
View Results

Oddlies

Thirteenth Phantom

14,500 Points
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2023 4:18 pm
Aeternam
User Image
This lil one is one of the fairies of spring. Specifically the one that makes buds turn from little knobs of grown on a branch to a vibrant plush new leaf. They are particularly concerned with making sure the early spring is as VIBRANT as possible with new growth! They have a sweet spot for small little growing things that have decided to renew old fallen trees and moss fed with last years leaves.

User Image
The air seemed to shimmer under the gibbous moon despite the fact the trees shaded this meeting from the skies stare. Pinpricks of light, stars, floating down to peak in on the deal taking place. Or perhaps to laugh at the measly human grasping for power in any way they could.

The man stayed bowed, forehead to the soft dew wet grasses. His fine silks soaking up the water from the ground beneath him, the cool air stealing his warmth as he remained in supplication. Before him lay an unrolled parchment. Heaped upon it were the sweetest fruits, the most delectable foodstuffs, gold, and gems. A fine hair piece made of polished dark wood festooned with delicate silk flowers and cascading teardrops of turquoise and blue. When worn it would make a light tinkling noise, like the laughter of a brook. This was the finest piece, a sweet fortune the man could truly ill afford, but for this.... for this.... if the Yokai took this deal it would be WORTH IT.

There was no sound of breathing. No shifts of feet in the grass. The only thing that told him the presence he had summoned with the writing on the bottom of the scroll was truly there was the shiff of layers of fine fabrics as it moved about to study the offering. The man had not dared look up yet. Not till the offering was accepted or denied. For if he glimpsed his partner in this dark deed without an agreed deal his life would be forfeit. At least that is what all the hidden scribbles and texts he had spent the last few months hunting down said. He may be desperate, dealing with the Other, but he was no fool, so he stayed put in observance to the Other.

A pale hand, resolving from the depths of silks that an emperor would wear, reached down at last to the parchment.

A tinkling like the laughter of a brook as it drew back.

The man smiled against the grass kissing his face in the dark of night. It had worked. It had WORKED! The jubilation bubbling up from the base of his spine to his lungs to his throat were only held back from becoming relieved laughter by his fierce control of himself.

Smoke and gossamer webs in the morning sunlight spoke. "Rise, Yoritomo Minamoto, and speak your desires."

So he rose to behold the Maiden. And spoke.

((This one got a bit away from me!))

Reiirin

User Image

The lights all around made her sparkle. The crowd screamed and cheered in front of her, excitement and joy as they sung along with her newest breakout number. She was ethereal, in her element, gliding across the stage, voice ringing out to her microphone held in her hands like a dear lover.

I know better then to think I would ever have a chance. But I am luckier than most, then any of those people out in that massive crowd. Because even though being one of her stage hands means I may as well be part of the wall, I always get the best seat to stay and watch her dance.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2023 6:45 pm
Added a list of all the avi's offered upon the alter to the muses in the first post. Also added some oooold avi's of mine up on the alter for others.

1-User Image 2-User Image 3-User Image 4-User Image 5-User Image
6-User Image 7-User Image 8-User Image 9-User Image 10-User Image

Oddlies

Thirteenth Phantom

14,500 Points
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Cat Fancier 100

Aeternam

Captain

Fashionable Duck

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2023 8:26 pm
mythological irony
Aeternam
User Image

It's nothing great (haven't written anything in ages lol), but here's a little something:

Don't look the Soul Seer in the eyes. That's the one rule that must never be broken. But on that fateful night, I catch a glimpse of her in the forest, a beautiful sight that enraptures me so I go closer. She stands almost hidden by the cool colors of the foliage and the darkness of the night but pops of red on her clothing help keep my eyes locked on her.

And when she turns around to face me, I feel my breath leave my body. Maybe her face should be frightful--bone white with dark pitiless eyes--and yet I find it beautiful, so beautiful, in fact, that I pay no heed to the fact that after my breath left my body at the sight of her, I've done nothing to draw it back in.

And slowly, ever so slowly, as I gaze into the Soul Seer's eyes, I die.

O0oh I love it! Gave me chills.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2023 8:38 pm
Oddlies

User Image

A pale hand, resolving from the depths of silks that an emperor would wear, reached down at last to the parchment.

A tinkling like the laughter of a brook as it drew back.

The man smiled against the grass kissing his face in the dark of night. It had worked. It had WORKED! The jubilation bubbling up from the base of his spine to his lungs to his throat were only held back from becoming relieved laughter by his fierce control of himself.

Smoke and gossamer webs in the morning sunlight spoke. "Rise, Yoritomo Minamoto, and speak your desires."

So he rose to behold the Maiden. And spoke.

Such a great idea to depict her as a yokai. She does seem otherworldly but also like a being that likes to dress in the finest clothes. I really like your writing style. So vivid...I wonder what his wish was.  

Aeternam

Captain

Fashionable Duck

Oddlies

Thirteenth Phantom

14,500 Points
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2023 9:18 pm
Aeternam

Such a great idea to depict her as a yokai. She does seem otherworldly but also like a being that likes to dress in the finest clothes. I really like your writing style. So vivid...I wonder what his wish was.

Why thank you! I'm having fun finding my writing voice again.

As for his wish, Yoritomo Minamoto is a famous Samurai from the 1100's, so we can make some assumptions!  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2023 3:31 pm
Aeternam
mythological irony
Aeternam
User Image

It's nothing great (haven't written anything in ages lol), but here's a little something:

Don't look the Soul Seer in the eyes. That's the one rule that must never be broken. But on that fateful night, I catch a glimpse of her in the forest, a beautiful sight that enraptures me so I go closer. She stands almost hidden by the cool colors of the foliage and the darkness of the night but pops of red on her clothing help keep my eyes locked on her.

And when she turns around to face me, I feel my breath leave my body. Maybe her face should be frightful--bone white with dark pitiless eyes--and yet I find it beautiful, so beautiful, in fact, that I pay no heed to the fact that after my breath left my body at the sight of her, I've done nothing to draw it back in.

And slowly, ever so slowly, as I gaze into the Soul Seer's eyes, I die.

O0oh I love it! Gave me chills.

I'm glad you liked it. heart It was actually really difficult for me to write lol, but your avatar was cool and I'm glad to have written something.  

mythological irony

Blessed Lunatic

mythological irony

Blessed Lunatic

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2023 3:35 pm
Oddlies
2-User Image

Feel like this is somewhat of an improvement:

The trees creaked as Samuel made his way through the forest, pace quick, determined, his eyes staring steadily forward. His boots crunched through dead leaves, cracking skeletal branches underfoot.

The wind swirled around him in an eddying autumn gale. Or...was it the wind? Samuel paused and glanced behind him, shuddering as he scanned the bony spines of the trees, searching for...searching for what? What was it that he thought he'd seen while taking a break from cutting wood to play his guitar?

Surely, he'd been wrong. Surely, his eyes had deceived him. Surely.

He faced forward again and took a step back toward home. Or...he meant to take a step, but something had a cold grip on his ankle.

Samuel's breath caught in his throat. He didn't want to look down. Didn't want to see what was there. But he knew. Because he hadn't been wrong before; it had been no trick of the light, no overactive imagination.

A ghost. He'd seen a ghost, and now--without looking down--he knew that's what was clinging to his legs, tugging, tugging, trying to drag him down into the dead leaves.

No.

The word reverberates in his head. He pulls forward--hard, harder than he's ever pulled in his life. He feels the diaphanous fingers start to fall away. He gives one final tug--and there! He's free!

His axe falls from his numb fingers and he takes off without giving it a second thought.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2023 7:56 pm
mythological irony
Oddlies
2-User Image

The trees creaked as Samuel made his way through the forest, pace quick, determined, his eyes staring steadily forward. His boots crunched through dead leaves, cracking skeletal branches underfoot.

The wind swirled around him in an eddying autumn gale. Or...was it the wind? Samuel paused and glanced behind him, shuddering as he scanned the bony spines of the trees, searching for...searching for what? What was it that he thought he'd seen while taking a break from cutting wood to play his guitar?

He faced forward again and took a step back toward home. Or...he meant to take a step, but something had a cold grip on his ankle.

Samuel's breath caught in his throat. He didn't want to look down. Didn't want to see what was there. But he knew. Because he hadn't been wrong before; it had been no trick of the light, no overactive imagination.

A ghost. He'd seen a ghost, and now--without looking down--he knew that's what was clinging to his legs, tugging, tugging, trying to drag him down into the dead leaves.

No.

The word reverberates in his head. He pulls forward--hard, harder than he's ever pulled in his life. He feels the diaphanous fingers start to fall away. He gives one final tug--and there! He's free!

His axe falls from his numb fingers and he takes off without giving it a second thought.

Awwww yeah. The suspense! Some good hinde brain fear. Just getting a glimpse into a moment of a story can just make your hands GO.  

Oddlies

Thirteenth Phantom

14,500 Points
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Cat Fancier 100

Ichigo Arerugi

Hesitant Speaker

20,975 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Marathon 300
  • Gender Swap 100
PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2023 12:22 pm
Here are a few of my recent outfits, if you'd like to give it a go!

User Image
User Image
User Image  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2023 2:17 pm
Oddlies
mythological irony
Oddlies
2-User Image

No.

Awwww yeah. The suspense! Some good hinde brain fear. Just getting a glimpse into a moment of a story can just make your hands GO.

Glad you like it! whee It's nice to be writing again.  

mythological irony

Blessed Lunatic

mythological irony

Blessed Lunatic

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2023 2:21 pm
Ichigo Arerugi

User Image

Oddlies
3-User Image

I thought these two looked nice together so I decided to write something with both of them. It's a little...meh...and I didn't really give it an end lol, but it's something.

------------------

Magic and science had been at odds with each other for ages. Everyone eventually had to choose a side. Everyone, that is, except for Seraphina. Seraphina considered herself a cyber witch, combining the best of both worlds and making her, in her own humble opinion, the most gifted person in the world.

Her greatest feat, if she were to say so herself, was her AI. Science was able to get her far enough that all she had to do was sprinkle a little magic, and she had a conscious AI, who promptly introduced herself as Tia.

Tia was fair-skinned with luminescent hair that she hid under a cropped hoodie that she could materialize at will. She was smart, far smarter than Seraphina--much to the cyber witch's dismay, able to do anything within science's limitations. The only thing she lacked, was the ability to do magic--Seraphina was glad of this, as she didn't want her position of being the most gifted overturned by the very AI she had created.

Seraphina and Tia made an excellent duo, despite their differences. Seraphina was serious and extremely prideful. She took great pride in her accomplishments and made sure everyone knew they were hers.

Tia on the other hand was bubbly and spry. She took very little seriously and didn't have an ambitious bone in her body. She was perfectly willing to let Seraphina stay in the spotlight. Tia simply enjoyed helping the cyber witch whenever possible.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2023 8:08 pm
mythological irony
Ichigo Arerugi

User Image

Oddlies
3-User Image

I thought these two looked nice together so I decided to write something with both of them. It's a little...meh...and I didn't really give it an end lol, but it's something.

------------------

Magic and science had been at odds with each other for ages. Everyone eventually had to choose a side. Everyone, that is, except for Seraphina. Seraphina considered herself a cyber witch, combining the best of both worlds and making her, in her own humble opinion, the most gifted person in the world.

Her greatest feat, if she were to say so herself, was her AI. Science was able to get her far enough that all she had to do was sprinkle a little magic, and she had a conscious AI, who promptly introduced herself as Tia.

Tia was fair-skinned with luminescent hair that she hid under a cropped hoodie that she could materialize at will. She was smart, far smarter than Seraphina--much to the cyber witch's dismay, able to do anything within science's limitations. The only thing she lacked, was the ability to do magic--Seraphina was glad of this, as she didn't want her position of being the most gifted overturned by the very AI she had created.

Seraphina and Tia made an excellent duo, despite their differences. Seraphina was serious and extremely prideful. She took great pride in her accomplishments and made sure everyone knew they were hers.

Tia on the other hand was bubbly and spry. She took very little seriously and didn't have an ambitious bone in her body. She was perfectly willing to let Seraphina stay in the spotlight. Tia simply enjoyed helping the cyber witch whenever possible.

Doesn't need an end! This is for writing creation for it's own sake. Seraphina's pride must get her in to loads of trouble... which she denies I'm sure!

I was all ready to finish my chores and then do some avi's and blurb writing... but then things got CRAZY. I'm fine, jsut a lot of silly things happened and now I'm worn out. Writing tomorrow!  

Oddlies

Thirteenth Phantom

14,500 Points
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Cat Fancier 100

mythological irony

Blessed Lunatic

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2023 9:50 am
Oddlies
Doesn't need an end! This is for writing creation for it's own sake. Seraphina's pride must get her in to loads of trouble... which she denies I'm sure!

I was all ready to finish my chores and then do some avi's and blurb writing... but then things got CRAZY. I'm fine, jsut a lot of silly things happened and now I'm worn out. Writing tomorrow!

I overthink things lol, which makes me worry when things aren't perfect. And yes, Seraphina gets into tons of trouble, but of course, none of it's ever her fault. wink

Glad to know you're okay. Looking forward to read what your write next time.

And here's a few some more avis to throw into the mix:

User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2023 1:55 pm
mythological irony
Oddlies

I overthink things lol, which makes me worry when things aren't perfect. And yes, Seraphina gets into tons of trouble, but of course, none of it's ever her fault. wink

Glad to know you're okay. Looking forward to read what your write next time.

And here's a few some more avis to throw into the mix:

User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image

"few" right. XD These have been added to the front page. I will attack a few over the weekend, but right now doing the usual chores and then time to build my monster computer FINALLY!!  

Oddlies

Thirteenth Phantom

14,500 Points
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Cat Fancier 100

mythological irony

Blessed Lunatic

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2023 12:52 pm
Oddlies
"few" right. XD These have been added to the front page. I will attack a few over the weekend, but right now doing the usual chores and then time to build my monster computer FINALLY!!

Lol sorry emotion_facepalm I have a lot of avatars that I think are interesting. I'm trying to keep it limited but it's hard. Also, if I add any more (which I won't do for a while, since I've already done so many), you don't need to add them to the front page if it's too much trouble.

Oooh, that sounds fun! I've been told building a computer isn't that hard, but I'm not sure I could ever do it, and I was told this by a pathological liar, so... User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  
🌸 Avatar Alley | MAIN 🌸

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff