Welcome to Gaia! ::

★ Avatar Alley ★ - Dress Up & Ghosting!

Back to Guilds

A guild for dressing up, ghosting, themed avis, contests, and more! 

Tags: avatar, alley, ghosting, dress up, avis 

Reply 🌸 Avatar Alley | MAIN 🌸
Chicken Scratch & Cursive: An Avatar Story Thread - I LIVE! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Whats Your Favorite Part of Character Creation
  Deciding on their Fashion sense/style
  Characters Background. What happened to them and why do they act that way?
  Worldbuilding. Whats the history or current events they have to deal with?
  Planning how you'll Break Them *EVIL LAUGHTER
  Figuring out their own personality. Romantic? Anger issues? Rediculous phobias?
  Taking character A and character B and making the kiss (and stuff)
  Dude they just popped in my head one day and I am just riding the story like a cowboy atop a Eldritch monster hanging on for DEAR LIFE!
View Results

mythological irony

Blessed Lunatic

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2023 6:14 pm
Oddlies
I feel that "never finish so why start" thing. Made me finally go get tested for ADD now that they have better testing. New meds are a GODSEND. So getting rid of my shopping addiction (instant dopamine) and re-training myself back into my creative outlets that are REALLY satisfying. Feels good.

That's great! I've never considered ADD before, so now that's got me wondering, though I'm fairly certain depression is the cause of my block. And yeah I can imagine. Being creative (in whatever way that forms) just feels really great. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2023 6:17 pm
Aeternam
User Image

It's nothing great (haven't written anything in ages lol), but here's a little something:

Don't look the Soul Seer in the eyes. That's the one rule that must never be broken. But on that fateful night, I catch a glimpse of her in the forest, a beautiful sight that enraptures me so I go closer. She stands almost hidden by the cool colors of the foliage and the darkness of the night but pops of red on her clothing help keep my eyes locked on her.

And when she turns around to face me, I feel my breath leave my body. Maybe her face should be frightful--bone white with dark pitiless eyes--and yet I find it beautiful, so beautiful, in fact, that I pay no heed to the fact that after my breath left my body at the sight of her, I've done nothing to draw it back in.

And slowly, ever so slowly, as I gaze into the Soul Seer's eyes, I die.  

mythological irony

Blessed Lunatic

Oddlies

Thirteenth Phantom

14,500 Points
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2023 6:19 pm
mythological irony
Oddlies
I feel that "never finish so why start" thing. Made me finally go get tested for ADD now that they have better testing. New meds are a GODSEND. So getting rid of my shopping addiction (instant dopamine) and re-training myself back into my creative outlets that are REALLY satisfying. Feels good.

That's great! I've never considered ADD before, so now that's got me wondering, though I'm fairly certain depression is the cause of my block. And yeah I can imagine. Being creative (in whatever way that forms) just feels really great. 3nodding

Question. Is your depression caused by anxiety. Or is it caused by disappointment with yourself because you can't seem to make yourself do things you know you need to do and won't take long to do but just... don't ... do? (AKA Executive Dysfunction). There are different presentations of ADD as they have figured out. Funnily enough a lot of things ADD causes can give you anxiety or make your depressed. I've been able to tier down my anxiety meds since going on my ADD meds (not entirely sadly, because ADD runs on my dads side and Anxiety on my moms... I got the two-fer). Give it a look. ADD isn't just hyperactivity. Ya never know!  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2023 6:21 pm
mythological irony
Aeternam
User Image

It's nothing great (haven't written anything in ages lol), but here's a little something:

Don't look the Soul Seer in the eyes. That's the one rule that must never be broken. But on that fateful night, I catch a glimpse of her in the forest, a beautiful sight that enraptures me so I go closer. She stands almost hidden by the cool colors of the foliage and the darkness of the night but pops of red on her clothing help keep my eyes locked on her.

And when she turns around to face me, I feel my breath leave my body. Maybe her face should be frightful--bone white with dark pitiless eyes--and yet I find it beautiful, so beautiful, in fact, that I pay no heed to the fact that after my breath left my body at the sight of her, I've done nothing to draw it back in.

And slowly, ever so slowly, as I gaze into the Soul Seer's eyes, I die.

YEEEEEESSSsssssss <3 <3  

Oddlies

Thirteenth Phantom

14,500 Points
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Cat Fancier 100

mythological irony

Blessed Lunatic

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2023 6:23 pm
Oddlies
mythological irony
Oddlies

Question. Is your depression caused by anxiety. Or is it caused by disappointment with yourself because you can't seem to make yourself do things you know you need to do and won't take long to do but just... don't ... do? (AKA Executive Dysfunction). There are different presentations of ADD as they have figured out. Funnily enough a lot of things ADD causes can give you anxiety or make your depressed. I've been able to tier down my anxiety meds since going on my ADD meds (not entirely sadly, because ADD runs on my dads side and Anxiety on my moms... I got the two-fer). Give it a look. ADD isn't just hyperactivity. Ya never know!

I've always assumed it was my severe social anxiety that caused my depression but I do feel disappointment toward myself for not doing certain things that I should as well, so now I'm really wondering. Definitely something I'll be talking to my doctor about. Thanks for the info!  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2023 6:26 pm
mythological irony
Oddlies
mythological irony
Oddlies

I've always assumed it was my severe social anxiety that caused my depression but I do feel disappointment toward myself for not doing certain things that I should as well, so now I'm really wondering. Definitely something I'll be talking to my doctor about. Thanks for the info!

That's the thing with brains, so many things can get crossed it can be hard to figure out what symptom is caused by what issue in there, because it doesn't even show the same in people with the same brain issue develop different symptoms.  

Oddlies

Thirteenth Phantom

14,500 Points
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Cat Fancier 100

mythological irony

Blessed Lunatic

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2023 6:32 pm
Oddlies
mythological irony
Oddlies
mythological irony
Oddlies

That's the thing with brains, so many things can get crossed it can be hard to figure out what symptom is caused by what issue in there, because it doesn't even show the same in people with the same brain issue develop different symptoms.

Yeah it can certainly get complicated. I've got a lot to consider now, and I'm feeling pretty good with the thought that there could be a solution that's not just "try this other depression/anxiety medication and see how it works."  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2023 6:38 pm
mythological irony

Yeah it can certainly get complicated. I've got a lot to consider now, and I'm feeling pretty good with the thought that there could be a solution that's not just "try this other depression/anxiety medication and see how it works."

Glad a lil online convo has opened another avenue to explore. Might not be it but it just might be it, who knows till you look.  

Oddlies

Thirteenth Phantom

14,500 Points
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Cat Fancier 100

mythological irony

Blessed Lunatic

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2023 6:47 pm
Oddlies
mythological irony

Glad a lil online convo has opened another avenue to explore. Might not be it but it just might be it, who knows till you look.

Yep exactly. It's an option I didn't know I had before, so that's good.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2023 6:59 pm
mythological irony
Here are a few recent avatars of mine if any catch your interest:

User Image User Image User Image User Image

For Avi number three:

She'd gotten so far. She'd come to the place where she'd always wanted to come. But the victory rang hollow, and the more she tried to grasp what she always thought she'd feel when she entered the final sanctum, the more the hollow inside her grew.

Thanks for the thread! I like writing myself, and writing off of other people's avis seems like great fun.  

ZeeZeeMonster
Crew

Backwoods Pirate

Oddlies

Thirteenth Phantom

14,500 Points
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2023 7:02 pm
ZeeZeeMonster

mythological irony

Yeeeessss. Joooiiin me!  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2023 7:03 pm
ZeeZeeMonster
mythological irony
Here are a few recent avatars of mine if any catch your interest:

User Image User Image User Image User Image

For Avi number three:

She'd gotten so far. She'd come to the place where she'd always wanted to come. But the victory rang hollow, and the more she tried to grasp what she always thought she'd feel when she entered the final sanctum, the more the hollow inside her grew.

Thanks for the thread! I like writing myself, and writing off of other people's avis seems like great fun.

Oooh, nice! It definitely makes me curious to know more!  

mythological irony

Blessed Lunatic

mythological irony

Blessed Lunatic

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2023 7:05 pm
Oddlies
ZeeZeeMonster

mythological irony

Yeeeessss. Joooiiin me!

I will definitely try to do some more tomorrow. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2023 7:06 pm
Oddlies
ZeeZeeMonster

mythological irony

Yeeeessss. Joooiiin me!

biggrin I won't be on every day, but I'll subscribe to this thread and check it out whenever I am on **Edit** you can't subscribe to guild threads . . . sad  

ZeeZeeMonster
Crew

Backwoods Pirate

Reiirin

Unholy Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2023 12:37 am
Here's another one if anyone's feeling it heart
User Image  
🌸 Avatar Alley | MAIN 🌸

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff