Welcome to Gaia! ::

β˜… Avatar Alley β˜… - Dress Up & Ghosting!

Back to Guilds

A guild for dressing up, ghosting, themed avis, contests, and more! 

Tags: avatar, alley, ghosting, dress up, avis 

Reply 🌸 Avatar Alley | MAIN 🌸
Chicken Scratch & Cursive: An Avatar Story Thread - I LIVE! Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Whats Your Favorite Part of Character Creation
  Deciding on their Fashion sense/style
  Characters Background. What happened to them and why do they act that way?
  Worldbuilding. Whats the history or current events they have to deal with?
  Planning how you'll Break Them *EVIL LAUGHTER
  Figuring out their own personality. Romantic? Anger issues? Rediculous phobias?
  Taking character A and character B and making the kiss (and stuff)
  Dude they just popped in my head one day and I am just riding the story like a cowboy atop a Eldritch monster hanging on for DEAR LIFE!
View Results

Oddlies

Thirteenth Phantom

14,500 Points
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2023 7:40 pm
✐ β’Έβ“—β“˜β“’β“šβ“”β“ β“ˆβ“’β“‘β“β“£β“’β“— οΌ† β„‚β„§β„œΟ›ο½‰β„£β„― ✎

I'm looking to get back in to creative writing, specifically adventure role play, and I always love a good creative challenge. SO! Share an avi you have built and I will do a quick blurb on a character idea or story moment they inspire.

What to Expect (random what I and others decide to do):

- A out of context quote from the character.
- Poetry?
- Story blurb from 1 sentence to a few paragraphs long.
- "This character feels like they - " *insert preferences or habits here
- Complete mini story
- Character A interacting with character B (two or more avi's selected)
.... and whatever else my brain and the cranium contents of others cook up!

Rules:

- Use your own avi creations. Either the one you currently have or post a past (or newly created) avi to be a muse
- Join in! See an avi that inspires you? Quote the poster and do your own spin blurb!
- This is all in good fun, so follow Gaia TOS and just don't be a d**k ya?
- I work full time so I'll pop in here when I have the mental fortitude and slam stuff out then, so consider this a surprise thread cuase when you get a reply will be kinda a surprise!

gaia_moon gaia_star The Alter of the Muses gaia_star gaia_moon

Below the spoiler are avatars that have been offered upon the alter to spur creativity. Feel free to take a look and spin a tale!

mythological irony
1-User Image 2-User Image 3-User Image 4-User Image 5-User Image
6-User Image 7-User Image 8-User Image 9-User Image 10-User Image
11-User Image 12-User Image 13-User Image 14-User Image 15-User Image 16 -

Reiirin
1-User Image 2-User Image 3-User Image 4-User Image 5-User Image

Aeternam
1-User Image 2-User Image 3-User Image 4-User Image

Oddlies
Yep here are a few older avi's of my own for others to take a whack at!
1-User Image 2-User Image 3-User Image 4-User Image 5-User Image 5-User Image 6-User Image 7-User Image 8-User Image 8-User Image

Ichigo Arerugi
1-User Image 2-User Image 3-User Image

xyrelia
1-User Image 2-User Image 3-User Image 4-User Image 5-User Image 6-User Image 7-User Image 8-User Image 9-User Image 10-User Image

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2023 5:31 pm
Here are a few recent avatars of mine if any catch your interest:

User Image User Image User Image User Image  

mythological irony

Blessed Lunatic

Oddlies

Thirteenth Phantom

14,500 Points
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2023 5:21 pm
BBcode help for meeee

[table]
[tr]
[td]put your image here[/td]
[td]put your text here[/td]
[/tr]
[/table]

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2023 6:26 pm
Saint Auro
mythological irony
Here are a few recent avatars of mine if any catch your interest:

Oooooooo!!! Lots of weather to really set a tone. I'm taking a gander and will let it percolate while I do some chores then come back and slap some goodies down!

Can't wait to see what you come up with! heart  

mythological irony

Blessed Lunatic

Reiirin

Unholy Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2023 11:31 pm
Here's one, if you're interested:
User Image  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2023 10:08 pm
mythological irony

User Image
"... and with that kiss, the kindness and love shown to the lost bride released her. She had finally been given the love she had been promised that night so long ago. Rushing out in the white out storm to get to the church before dawn to be wed to her true love, not the horrid man she was to meet down the isle the following morn.

If only she could have gotten away sooner, before the worse winds hit. If only the flurries of snow had not blinded her so. If only it had not been so dark and cold and biting.

But now her pale face, translucent like the ice that froze her so long ago, warmed. Her lips became a sad, sweet smile.

And she let go. Becoming gentle fresh petals on the cold wind, finally able to rest."

User Image
She gives me MMORPG tank vibes. Probably at that level that is comfortably badass, but isn't at the top by a long shot yet. This pic is the view of them from the point of view of a team member after said team member is freshly rezzed and the battle is just over. Wiffs of magic cast, fires burning out, ash and dust still hanging in the air. Their sweaty, they hurt, but they are VICTORIOUS. They are probably going to tease the rezzed teammate about getting beat up in just a sec once she truly does know they are okay.

User Image
One of the godlings of time. This belief system does not have just one representation of time, or 3 for that matter. Yes there is past, present, future. There is also a godling for the promise of time, the wasting of time, and the passage of time from that turns the future to the present, and the present to the past. This is she. The Passing, The Hither and Thither, the Between. Just like what she represents the world around her is bright and vibrant, yet somehow blurred and unable to get a grip on to. Vision so much like the grains of sand always slipping through her fingers as future becomes present becomes past.

User Image
The winters artisan. A fae folk that when pleased leaves trails of beautiful ice ferns on your windows, snow drifts artfully gracing the lands and dusting the tops of winter berries. If displeased piles the snowdrifts up the side of your home, burdens your roof with more icy weight then it can carry, patches of ice where you step the most. They are known to appear on crisp mornings when the breeze smells of ice. Children are warned to not throw snowballs if they see her, as she will ensure they are nipped with cold in punishment, stealing away their warmth even when they return home to the fire. Making forts and figures for her will please her though, as she is ever the artist, and if she particularly likes a snowy construction she will give it a kiss of icicles to show her blessing. It is said they may also appear on crisp, clear nights, though this is heresay. For the only ones who have seen them on these nights are men to foolish to be home by their warm hearths, minds addled by drink, drug, or pride to not let the cold stop them and have shed many a layer of clothing and protection. But whether these are the same fae of the morning is up for debate, or if it is a cruel cousin of the creature. For these men all wander off their paths, following the fair maiden into the deep white. Never to see another crisp sunrise blessed with icy ferns on their homes windows.

Reiirin

User Image
Caramella Cream is a candy unicorn from a new popular animated TV show, Candycorn's Sugary Adventures! She isn't the main character, that's Candy the Alicorn, but she IS one of the Besties! Giggly and sweet with a love helping her friends create the best deserts they can! This is her powered up form from the big baddie battle in Season 2, where the whole team gets wings in their fighting forms due to a blessing from the Sugar Queen herslef!  

Oddlies

Thirteenth Phantom

14,500 Points
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Cat Fancier 100

Reiirin

Unholy Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2023 9:02 am
Reiirin

User Image
Caramella Cream is a candy unicorn from a new popular animated TV show, Candycorn's Sugary Adventures! She isn't the main character, that's Candy the Alicorn, but she IS one of the Besties! Giggly and sweet with a love helping her friends create the best deserts they can! This is her powered up form from the big baddie battle in Season 2, where the whole team gets wings in their fighting forms due to a blessing from the Sugar Queen herslef!

Ooh funn! Love what you came up with!  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2023 6:05 pm
Love this idea! Here are a few of my faves:

Aeternam

Captain

Fashionable Duck

mythological irony

Blessed Lunatic

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2023 12:03 pm
Saint Auro
mythological irony

User Image
"... and with that kiss, the kindness and love shown to the lost bride released her. She had finally been given the love she had been promised that night so long ago. Rushing out in the white out storm to get to the church before dawn to be wed to her true love, not the horrid man she was to meet down the isle the following morn.

If only she could have gotten away sooner, before the worse winds hit. If only the flurries of snow had not blinded her so. If only it had not been so dark and cold and biting.

But now her pale face, translucent like the ice that froze her so long ago, warmed. Her lips became a sad, sweet smile.

And she let go. Becoming gentle fresh petals on the cold wind, finally able to rest."

User Image
She gives me MMORPG tank vibes. Probably at that level that is comfortably badass, but isn't at the top by a long shot yet. This pic is the view of them from the point of view of a team member after said team member is freshly rezzed and the battle is just over. Wiffs of magic cast, fires burning out, ash and dust still hanging in the air. Their sweaty, they hurt, but they are VICTORIOUS. They are probably going to tease the rezzed teammate about getting beat up in just a sec once she truly does know they are okay.

User Image
One of the godlings of time. This belief system does not have just one representation of time, or 3 for that matter. Yes there is past, present, future. There is also a godling for the promise of time, the wasting of time, and the passage of time from that turns the future to the present, and the present to the past. This is she. The Passing, The Hither and Thither, the Between. Just like what she represents the world around her is bright and vibrant, yet somehow blurred and unable to get a grip on to. Vision so much like the grains of sand always slipping through her fingers as future becomes present becomes past.

User Image
The winters artisan. A fae folk that when pleased leaves trails of beautiful ice ferns on your windows, snow drifts artfully gracing the lands and dusting the tops of winter berries. If displeased piles the snowdrifts up the side of your home, burdens your roof with more icy weight then it can carry, patches of ice where you step the most. They are known to appear on crisp mornings when the breeze smells of ice. Children are warned to not throw snowballs if they see her, as she will ensure they are nipped with cold in punishment, stealing away their warmth even when they return home to the fire. Making forts and figures for her will please her though, as she is ever the artist, and if she particularly likes a snowy construction she will give it a kiss of icicles to show her blessing. It is said they may also appear on crisp, clear nights, though this is heresay. For the only ones who have seen them on these nights are men to foolish to be home by their warm hearths, minds addled by drink, drug, or pride to not let the cold stop them and have shed many a layer of clothing and protection. But whether these are the same fae of the morning is up for debate, or if it is a cruel cousin of the creature. For these men all wander off their paths, following the fair maiden into the deep white. Never to see another crisp sunrise blessed with icy ferns on their homes windows.

Oh, wow these are all super creative! I especially love the godling of time and the winter artisan. heart  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2023 1:10 pm
mythological irony

Oh, wow these are all super creative! I especially love the godling of time and the winter artisan. heart

Thank you! I'm just letting a look spin into words and not have to worry about the rest of the story or anything, and it be a lot of fun!!  

Oddlies

Thirteenth Phantom

14,500 Points
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Cat Fancier 100

mythological irony

Blessed Lunatic

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2023 1:33 pm
Saint Auro
mythological irony

Thank you! I'm just letting a look spin into words and not have to worry about the rest of the story or anything, and it be a lot of fun!!

You're welcome!

I wish I was in the mood to write because I'm sure it is fun, but I've had writer's block for ages. emo Maybe I'll attempt something anyways; might help actually.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2023 1:37 pm
mythological irony

You're welcome!

I wish I was in the mood to write because I'm sure it is fun, but I've had writer's block for ages. emo Maybe I'll attempt something anyways; might help actually.

Even if it's just a sentence a character speaks randomly in your head, it is something you had not written before!

I'm using this to poke holes in my own writing block and get over my 'oh my writing sucks actually' feeling cause... I mean... fudge it. I'm just gonna use it to rp. So just gotta beat that anxiety into the ground with practice. XD  

Oddlies

Thirteenth Phantom

14,500 Points
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Cat Fancier 100

mythological irony

Blessed Lunatic

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2023 1:43 pm
Saint Auro
mythological irony

You're welcome!

Even if it's just a sentence a character speaks randomly in your head, it is something you had not written before!

I'm using this to poke holes in my own writing block and get over my 'oh my writing sucks actually' feeling cause... I mean... fudge it. I'm just gonna use it to rp. So just gotta beat that anxiety into the ground with practice. XD

That's definitely true!

Yeah anxiety sucks. I definitely go through that sometimes too, though lately it's been more "you'll never finish anything, so why go through the effort." Good thing you're working on a way to deal with it.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2023 1:56 pm
mythological irony
Saint Auro
mythological irony

You're welcome!

That's definitely true!

Yeah anxiety sucks. I definitely go through that sometimes too, though lately it's been more "you'll never finish anything, so why go through the effort." Good thing you're working on a way to deal with it.

I feel that "never finish so why start" thing. Made me finally go get tested for ADD now that they have better testing. New meds are a GODSEND. So getting rid of my shopping addiction (instant dopamine) and re-training myself back into my creative outlets that are REALLY satisfying. Feels good.  

Oddlies

Thirteenth Phantom

14,500 Points
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Cat Fancier 100

Oddlies

Thirteenth Phantom

14,500 Points
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2023 2:21 pm
Aeternam

User Image
She is a superstar of the witching world! A rising darling of the illusionary magic world (essentially like our movie/actor industry) and fantastic voice to boot! She has it all! Screaming fans, rich, interesting, and beautiful suitors, the ability to get the best magical bits and bobs to make her illusions and castings pop and pow!

If only she didn't hide a forever broken heart.

User Image
It's the 1950's and Betty BonBon (It's Hollywood! Of COURSE she made herself a new better name!) and her little buddy Benji are at the opening night of The Mansion of Altair! As a plucky junior reporter she can't wait till the stars start to roll in to take their seats! She has a brand new super compact fantastic little camera to take the best pics! It cost her sooooooo much, but she's sure to make the three months rent it cost back in no time she's sure! Just gotta get the best scoops! The beautiful starlets, the handsome actors, the dancing, the romance, the SCANDAL. No one expects the tiny little sweet lady is the one that snuck in and got the goods! It's why she knows she's doing what she was meant to do. It's so EXCITING! and makes the BEST dough! Papa said 'Get your head out of the clouds girl', HA! The clouds is where she is meant to be!

.... and I will come back for the other two later after another chore!  
🌸 Avatar Alley | MAIN 🌸

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff