• Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2023 3:53 pm
word : 3,305wc

User Image

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2023 5:22 pm
[ Chapter 12: It's been a year since... ]

Freeborn made it so she could leave the pride with her mate. Although they still stayed around the borders, it felt good to simply *be* in nature without the cold stone beneath them. She ran and continued to her legs couldn't anymore and threw herself down at the softer ground.

He was really grateful that his mate didn't want to come in as a thrall- no- she earned her place as a freeborn from it and that made that day special.

Rahman found himself at odds. She swam in her own waves at times, and usually he could love to make fun of her and anyone around him. Yet this time he just soaked in how happy she was to be out. Slowly he laid down in the short grass and watched. She was like a cub at times. This was why he loved her. So tough yet so soft on the inside. They continued on their little picnic.... the day was good... almost a storm brewing, the winds were just right, it was nice. Just the two of them...

If only she knew that her father was still out there. Yea, he came back in to their lives, as pirates, and he chose to stay with them in the beaches. What she knew of her father's 'real' pride was they were more like gypsies and would move around but all in all they would come back to their central stronghold. At first, her father was something to be disgusted by. He wasn't a true pirate but what she did know of him, he tried his hardest to win them over. He worked to make them happy and be the 'father' that more so supported their mother. When they raided, he came along to use his muscle to protect them from different obstacles. That was what she knew, he was a father where it counted and he loved them and she could feel it. It didn't mean that she wasn't going to push-back and rebel against him in any way she could.

This was until she didn't find his body. Nor her mother's body when they came back from plundering. When the massacre laid waste to them and the heavans fell with hell. From falling frogs to purple rain... but all she could think about was the bodies of her fallen pirates and her screams that carried on after her twin brother pulled her away. It broke her. He couldn't keep her there. More were piling in and with every one scattering he couldn't wait up to let her mourn or wait up to find anyone else. They HAD to go.

That was nearly a year ago since it happened. Having to put her tail between her legs and come to the viking pride was worse but she did so and found a mate in return for all her struggles.

The memories of her pride, and how some pirates made it out to the vikings made it a little easier to adjust. She still held a strong accent but her mate... never had she thought she'd fall for a viking but she did and he stayed by her side through the nights where she was still trying to get in to the pride. Stayed up with her to hold her when she cried about those whom had fallen. It was rough but she got through it. Her grief would come in like the waves against the rock walls of the viking pride. Some days were better than others, but when on her worse days. She would spar. Again. Again. And Again. Not stopping up until her body would give out or her mate would pluck her out of the training grounds. Today they just so happened to be on a day where he dragged her to a picnic. Getting to roll in the grass that was rare inside the pride..

It had been a year since she seen her brother or any of her siblings. But she never met anyone from her father's side of the family except her father.

So to her surprise, they called for her to the boarder. Her ears opened with the sound of a much softer version of her father's. Slowly she walked past the boarder and within two leaping distances from the lion. Her father was much bigger than this one before her.

Rahman stood back and waited for her signal, to him. This didn't seem like a meeting that would go well.

"You are.... Gaea."

He smiled warmly. "You look...."

"Like you." She finished his sentence. Slowly she made her way around him. Looking at him carefully. None of her kin had the symbol that she had on her bicep ... except him.

"I was about to say you look like your mother." He chuckles.

"You must be wondering who I am..."

That was when she noticed it wasn't only him but two others. A lioness and a hyena. Unlikely pairing but she circled around and stood in front of him.

"I am your uncle, brother to your father. Utsuki. I am a storyteller, while your father was a great warrior. Much like our mother."

"My uncle." She gave a short nod of her head before Rahman slowly came up beside her. "This is my mate. Rahman. He helped me to come to the vikings."

Utsuki looked to him, and bowed his head. They both were similar in size. He must have been the runt of the family, and plus a storyteller?

"How did you find me...How do you know me? Where I was? While growing up, I have not seen you, not even a sunrise."

Utsuki's face changed from swelling with pride, to then trying to find the words.

"We have caught something to eat. Will you join us for tonight's game?"

She looked to Rahman and then back to him. She had a strong chest, a chest of a warrior. He, seemed so much more laid back than her. So much more.... different than her father. They both had braids with feathers and a leather satchel with rolls of something she never seen before.

"Why should I listen to you."

"For I come bearing news... that you must hear."

Rahman nudged her. "I mean... your brother didn't look much like you... but this guy. If I didn't know any better I would say he was your twin. If he is related to you... I think you should hear him out. You have my family as your adopted family but I am sure you would benefit from hearing what he has to say at least. Unless you truly want to turn your back. Then I shall protect your back."

She looked to him, up and down before she gave a nod. "Fine. I will come back to the boarder when the day sleeps."

She turned her back, and Rahman waited til she was ample away before taking a few steps forward closer to Utsuki.

"I see that look in your eyes. I have a feeling that you haven't come bearing good news."

Utsuki lowered his eyes. "You would be right."

"She has suffered enough."

"And I am grateful that you have come in to her life, and led her back upon her feet once more. But her paws are not yet filled. Not yet." Nodding. "I am sorry for the heaviness of my arrival, but know that she does not have to bare it alone any longer. I am not one to take residence in one place... but I will stay in the area for some time and I will visit when I come from journeys. She is my niece after all."

"Like she said, she hasn't known about you... now all the sudden you come in to bring her news that may upset her more. What gives you the right?"

"The spirits of the earth and winds."

Rahman sat and rubbed his temples. "So you are a speaker... not a warrior I'm guessing. Fine. I hope you keep to your word and whatever it is you have to say... take responsibility for."

Chi Sohma

Married Unicorn

8,225 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Person of Interest 200

Chi Sohma

Married Unicorn

8,225 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2023 12:03 pm

[ Chapter 13: YOUR SPIRITS ARE NOT MY RESPONSIBILITY ]

Night came, and Rahman helped Gaea with her gear. Her fur and sash that she wore, that Rahman had gifted her. She walked along side him.

"Whatever he has to say. I hope its important enough to deam coming in here as if he knows me."

"I hope his presence isn't harder for you."

"No... I was surprised that I bear his same symbol.. that is my uncle. I do believe that.... but he is no pirate neither. You must earn respect."

"I don't believe he is coming to disrespect you... but I mean. I could be wrong. My family is rough around the edges too. No family is perfect. I didn't even know my father was a viking. My mother came here for refuge for us... unbeknownst to us that we would find my father here. Fathering way more siblings for us to really count. Not a father I can be proud of- that's for sure."

"My father.... was kind. He was different than us, always out of place but that didn't stop him from earning his place and keeping us safe. I didn't like him much... he wasn't my cup of tea but he was strong. That was the only thing I admired about him. But my uncle... doesn't even look like he came from the same litter as my father." She half joked. "He looks more like your style. Laid back and probably just as Lazy."

"Hey... this lazy lion is the one whom made a stormborn out of you!"

"I guess if you could call it that." She eye rolled and arrived to see the lioness, with a sash that was translutcent. A gem necklace with feathers like her uncle's. She lowered her face and quickly circled back to Utsuki. The hyena spoke up.

"It is an honor to meet you. Blood of Utsuki is strong with you. Honor indeed." He took a few steps and sat down on the other side of Malkia.

"I am Tsuito. I am your uncle's second mind. I remember it all. Every part of our adventures. He is my liege."

"Uh huh... How can ... a storyteller make you... so dedicated to him?" Rahman asked.

"Because he is one of the great storytellers. Dare I say more of a historian... he is one of the great minds. Even past down the skill of writings. It's a marvel!"

Utsuki raised a paw and Tsuito looked bashful.

"These are my friends, and ..." Utsuki looked to Malkia and smiled. "My mate." He pulled the gazelle closer to the middle as the all started to dig in.

"You are very pretty..." Malkia's voice had shriveled since their travels. She was once cocky, but now because of all her visions and mania, she settled down and became humbled.

Gaea was much thicker than this lioness, she would definitely not make it in the stormborn nor pirates.

"A better compliment is strong. Beauty fades." Gaea retorted,

Malkia shook her head. "Strength also fades... the heart does not. I'm sorry... pretty wasn't the right compliment. It's how beautiful your heart is."

Gaea's face was surprised, and Rahman licked Gaea's face. "She thanks you for both compliments. In our pride, compliments of beauty means that you are... weaker but I have to say Gaea's beauty inside, and out- she is strong and beautiful. I am lucky and also unfortunate."

Utsuki commented. "My mother was always strong.. never day goes by where she wasn't hunting. But all in all... my mother was stronger than most lions back in our pride. She didn't come from our pride originally. Just like you didn't originally come from this pride... but you made it your own. So did she. When she past away against the war between the demons and our pride.. she died a hero. Protecting the orphaned cubs. No one could find her body... and for a long time I could not accept her death. Kohaku couldn't believe it and traveled a long time trying to find her and our father. Their deaths would mark a change in the wind for us. I had to give it to the gods... and Kohaku could not. Unless we found their bodies.. but what we know of the Vampires, they militate bodies..."

Gaea's ears swiveled and she rose her head in interest on her own history. So her grandmother was a great warrior too. Her death wasn't as glorious.

"That must have been hard for you." Gaea's voice went soft.

"It was... but the orphans were saved and taken to neighboring prides. I was the one whom helped give aid when negotiating for the cubs to live in these prides. I saw first paw, how the winds change with new life and paths."

Gaea's chest filled with relief.

"The future lives on... and that is what I come to tell you. You are the future that lives on. "

Gaea's ears opened.

He didn't know just how to say it. But he cleared his throat.

"My brother, Kohaku has passed on."

Rahman was in somewhat shock. Yes she ran from her world to be here like the others that took refuge but she couldn't find some of her siblings bodies or her mothers body and definitely not her father's. This news.... how would she take it?

Gaea's eyes began to water, but she rose her body up and bulked. "You came ALL THIS WAY- To tell me my father died!? Where is his body then!? I hadn't seen it! I looked!"

Malkia put a paw over Utsuki's paw when he tensed up.

The hyena spoke up. Standing as she did- in case she lunged for Utsuki.

"We buried his body in his old pridelands, with the ancestors."

Her whole body tensed up.

Rahman stood up and brought her in to him. Holding her. But she pushed him away and gritted her teeth.

"We will be traveling to Kowa next. We want to unite the family as much as we can to give him a proper send off... my brother's body had to be buried right away.. so we will be going to him. I came to tell you this, as to let you know that the spirits of our ancestors breaths through you. His legacy, our legacy. I know you have not known of our side of the family or where we came from. But you are not forgotten. You are not unloved. When I found out about your existence and your mother's- I was just finding out about my mother and father's death. I too was lost without them."

"No... No I was not lost. They were taken from me! I WAS IN A RAID AND CAME BACK TO MY HOME MASSACRED!"

Rahman tried to hold her but she was pushing even him back.

"Who- who was my father really! I don't know! I don't CARE! He wasn't there for us when were given our names! He was NOT a PIRATE! We are my mother's legacy and- and she's out there! I won't go with you for some scallywag! When you find my mother- then come talk to me!" She was screaming now... she was hurting and her defense was to hurt others with her..

Malkia lowered herself to the ground and backed up.

"AND IF YOU ARE WHATS LEFT OF HIS FAMILY- I HOPE IT DIES WITH YOU!"

Utsuki rose up, and it was not out of defense. No. He went up to her and our reached his arms and brought her in to him!

Rahman gave him the room to do so. To Rahman's surprise, Utsuki was able to hold on to his thrashing and screaming wife- having taken out her claws to claw at him but he remained as still and unwavering as a rock.

"The spirits carry our roar forever."

"TELL YOUR SPIRITS TO LEAVE US ALONE! WE DON"T NEED THEM! TELL THEM TO TAKE RESPONSIBITY!" Her head thrashing to try and get out of his grasp.

Tsuito went to help but Utsuki shook his head to not intervene. He would hold her and wait til she calmed.

Malkia stood... unsure, but put a paw right against the symbol that Gaea shared with her mate.

"He let the ocean take him... when he saw what happened, he died for he believed it was his fault your mother had passed."

"Mother isn't dead!" She yelled out and tears finally burst from her. "GOOD! IT WAS HIS FAULT! HE WASN'T THERE! HE LET THIS HAPPEN!" She needed someone to be the villain and Utsuki could feel that her words didn't match her body language. Her strength could rival his brother's- maybe even his mother's. He squeezed her harder til all that came out with tears... and finally she stopped trying to fight it and clawed in to his back.

"We will bring Kowa to the burial... you are welcome to come with us..."

"Kowa wouldn't go to father's funeral."

Tsuito spoke up. "Even if he doesn't. It is Utsuki's sworn duty as his relative to bring as many back so that the his brother's spirit doesn't stay and wander. So that the spirit can join with his ancestors."

Gaea held in her rage now, and broke down.

"I am sure Kowa would love to see how you have grown..." Utsuki spoke softly against her ear.

"He left me too..." Letting her claws free- she had Utsuki's blood within her talons as she finally nudged him away, and this time, he listened. Turning away from the encampment and leaving.

Rahman stood to where the rest of the gang couldn't follow her. Instead he waited til she was ample away before speaking. "She ...doesn't mean everything she said."

"She is hurting. We understand." Tsuito said reassured him as he went to Utsuki to check on his wounds. They were minor but if the lioness had truly been enraged- he would have a lot deeper wounds. That was how he knew that she didn't mean everything she said.

"We will leave this camp on the fourth daybreak. We will wait til then before leaving to the sands where Kowa is. We will ask an avian to come and let you know of the news."

Rahman bowed his head. "I am sorry for your loss... and her continued loss.. She knows her family is out there and although she is safe and thrives here in the stormborn... she cries for her family. So we will be there. Even if its just to see Kowa and have her smack him around a bit for leaving her. But this is the closure she needs.... she needed this. So thank you... I knew your news would be heavy but I didn't know that she could be reunited with those that are still alive.. she wouldn't miss it. I won't let her."

Utsuki nodded and smiled to him.

"She is definitely her mother's child. Her mother was just as passionate. I am happy that my brother had gotten to fix things with her and he was able to be there with them growing up. I know he might've missed some but I know that as a father. He loved them. I could only imagine what his last thoughts were. Hoping to be reunited with her within the winds."

Malkia hid her face partially within her mate's shoulder before speaking.

"I am sorry we reunited with such sad news but. We will be around after the funeral for some time. Until the winds take us once more but we will visit. We will not abandon her."

Rahman gave her a heavy nod. "I hope you all keep to your word. We will see you on the fourth daybreak." As he went and followed Gaea's trail back home..

[IC] Myrsky Syntynyt Lands

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games