• Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2023 12:30 pm
1,173 words 6,177 characters

User Image

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2023 1:55 pm
Chapter 9: Can't be tamed

The monsoon was making a terrible. It didn't make it any better that Gaea was so head strong that she wouldn't budge. She was ready to go in to the storm to save others. He was tasked with reangling up his nieces and nephews and he specifically told Gaea that she needed to do the same. That her old captain needed to be closer than he ever had been.

When most of his family was in the den, then he continued on to move towards other lions that seem enchanted with the siren song. It wasn't the first time their had been reports of voices that take you to your death. He thought he told her about this danger, but ever since his honeymoon with her, he stopped speaking of all the dangers because they were happy now, she was getting comfortable and she should have understood the dangers of being by the water.

That wasn't the case. The once pirate, was only aware of their voices. Welcoming ones that showed that their pride members lived on. Instead of helping Rahman, she continued to hunt down others being caught up by the winds. Some older, some younger but she was in her prime, and very strong now that she had a permanent sparring partner. He still didn't expect her to take on the heaviness of pulling others back ashore.

After his family he too went on to pulling others back and getting them through the thick winds. Moving from behind rock to rock to get there when he saw a shadow move over him. When he looked up, it was his mate, throwing over a rope down through the wind and snagged another lion that was holding thralls with them.

"COME ON!" She cried out through the wind. Bracing herself against the sands that were sinking her.

Rahman roared to get her attention.

With a rope in her mouth, she pulled and looked and saw her mate. She mumbled something and Immediately Rahman moved and snatched a piece of the rope to pull the small family behind the rock and once they did- they all leaned back, heaving.

"I told you to stay inland!"

"I told you I wasn't!"

They bickered back and forth and the family edged away from them finding themselves in a better line as they moved to where most of the pride would be. The stranglers were the problem. That's what Rahman and Gaea were worried about and bickering about. They continued for hours to help others and even cubs moving in to the safe dens. Some were doing the same thing as them...

Then while holding someone up, she swore she could hear her mother....

Then her siblings.

"Rah!" She jumped off one of the cliffs towards the voice...

It couldn't have been the voices of her family... but it could be a voice of someone and that is what she was on the surface excuse was, inwardly- her heart was breaking. She had to look. Maybe they DID make it out of alive!

Chi Sohma

Married Unicorn

8,225 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Person of Interest 200

Chi Sohma

Married Unicorn

8,225 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2023 2:42 pm
Chapter 10: Our Song

Thankfully Rahman and Gaea had ropes tied to them in case they had to bring someone else in, what he didn't think would happen that she jumped!?

His body slid and the wind didn't help but make it harder to go against the wind. "GAEA!" He called out.

"GAEA ANSWER ME!"

"MY FAMILY IS THERE!" She screamed!

Rahman's ears flattened, she had fallen for it! Damnit! he should have said something!

"THEY ARE NOT REAL! TELL IT TO TELL YOU SOMETHING THAT ONLY YOUR FAMILY KNOWS!"

"THEY NEED OUR HELP!"

"WE NEED OUR HELP!"

"YOUR FAMILY ISN'T THE ONLY ONES THAT ARE IMPORTANT!"

"YOU ARE MY FAMILY."

They bickered back and forth and once he got her over the edge, he heard the dreaded sound of a snap. His heart fell down his throat as by instinct he ran with all his might and jumped off the cliff too! The rope couldn't help them now. But she knew how to swim- he wasn't worried about that, but the waters in the storm, are wash more harsh than her usual beach day in her pride.

He dunked his head under water and check- and looked and saw Gaea swimming like a fish. Like she was naturally born in the water. He saw the strength she had and although it wasn't the time to admire her- he did. Trying to catch up with her and when she went up for air, he pulled her close.

"It's the siren song! It will echo others voices to come here. Drown them! And you are not drowning!"

He could hear her crying out their names of the family she lost. The family that she saw the bodies of when they looked back in to the Del Mar area.

"Listen to our song.. our memories.. you have me... I won't ever leave you.."

She curled her paws around him and continued to cry. They other dunked down as a wave crashed and when they held on to each other- they tumbled through the waves and he crashed in to one of the reefs. Red started to move around them. With Rahman's adrenaline was up, he didn't feel himself get hurt. All he knew was how to figure out where they were under water. He's done it so many times before to make his father proud but of course.. that wasn't it now. This was their survival!

Bringing them up when the wave held them up and went with the waves until they crashed upon the shore. Picking her up and running against the winds. They got behind a rock, a familiar one near their den and he held her close and simply held her.

Against her ear, he 'prayed' for the souls of her family that had passed.. and then he hummed a pleasant tune.

"These are not the voices of the future... its the voices of the past... Everyone is fine.. we are all safe... thank to you too..."

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2023 3:22 pm
Chapter 11: The Gods Speak

Listening to the speaker, and those that did rollcall, and getting the families to gather, Rahman nudged Gaea and nudged his mother that they would be leaving to their den.

"It may be dangerous." Another lion said.

"I want to go home with my mate. We fought to get every straggler to their families. Now its our turn to rest."

"You should wait-"

The lawspeaker spoke about the Gods, and what they said after this monsoon that had gotten them. There was more mutterings, Rahman was too worried about Gaea to even heard what the 'Gods' had to say, he almost lost his mate because of it. She was strong but everything was taken from her. The lands she grew up on, the other pirates, and her family. It tore her up. He knew of ONE of her siblings... he was wondering if he could get in contact with them somehow. Kowa...

Not knowing the Gods were battling it out above them and even more bizarre things will begin to happen.

Chi Sohma

Married Unicorn

8,225 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Person of Interest 200
[IC] Myrsky Syntynyt Lands

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items