Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2022 12:26 pm
User Image

Avani had flown on swift wings to find Schatzi and inform her of the incoming injured parties. Though she had said it may be better to possibly start making their way towards them while they were making their way back towards the prides current location. She wasn't sure how bad Liyanas injury was and didn't want to chance the eyesight of the lioness because she didn't want to bother the imbiza a short journey. "She assured me it wasn't too bad, but you know how you lionesses can be about your injuries....." She said to the goldenrod colored lioness with striking white markings. Flying a good height above the lioness, though low enough to carry a conversation she wanted to keep a weathered eye out for her bonded.

User ImageLiyana's eye had stung initially, mainly from the blood that had pooled into it from the fresh cuts. Though as they had traveled the flow of blood had slowed and eventually stopped as the wound was attempting to regulate itself. She could feel the skin on her face with every twitch of her cheek or the blow of the wind. She knew she'd carry some interesting scars from the encounter but hopefully her eyesight would remain unscathed. So far she could see, but only time would tell as she still had risk of infection. It wasn't long until she saw a familiar vulture in the air ahead and knew that the Imbiza wasn't far behind.

Jovi of Shadows
I wasn't sure if you wanted to rp your lion being seen as well or what not- so I'm quoting you in the off chance you wanted to join.

SilverLutz

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2022 5:29 am
User Image Slightly behind Liyana, taking up the rear position as they traveled back to the pride, walked Siphiwe. His injuries weren't terrible, though the bite to his shoulder still made him walk with a slight limp due to the pain of the torn flesh. It could have been worse, he reminded himself. But, it could have been better, he kept telling himself. If only he had been better at fighting. Maybe he could spared himself and Liyana these injuries. He hadn't really said anything since they began their journey back, his mind heavy with guilt and questions for himself. He needed to do better in the future, to protect those he traveled with, but first he needed to figure out how. The last thing he wanted was for someone to be hurt he wasn't enough to protect them. Though... he still didn't want the umholi or any inselelo to get the wrong idea. Siphiwe was very happy with being an ahluke, and had no intention of trying to usurp any other position. He'd have to be careful about who and how he asked for fighting instruction.

Though Siphiwe's mind was well into itself, Ndleleni was alert and looking for danger in the tall grass surrounding the two lions. He had promised Avani that he would keep a good look out in her absence, and the male vulture was more than keen to do so. She obviously cared about her lion partner, just like Ndleleni cared about Siphiwe, so he would do his utmost not to disappoint her. His avian eyes did manage to catch the aloft figure of Avani coming their way, which was a bit of a relief. "Not too much further," he called down to his lion friend and Liyana. They almost there.

AstoriaFallen
((I would love to join! Thank you!))

SilverLutz

Jovi of Shadows

Dangerous Werewolf

7,950 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
  • Team Jacob 100

SilverLutz
Crew

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2022 7:09 am
User ImageSchatzi trotted after Avani, the news of injured lions making her heart ache a bit. She'd shifted to this rank not terribly long ago and thankfully hadn't needed to assist her pride siblings much, but since this famine had gripped the land more and more injuries were cropping up. Those that hunted regularly were getting weaker, slower, more careless in their hunger. She just hoped nothing dire would become of the situation they were all currently in.

"We'll see about that," she said with a worried tone, the sack she used to carry her supplies with her bumping lightly against her side as she jogged. Lots of the lionesses here liked to downplay their wounds, either out of embarrassment of being thought of as lesser by their pride or out of fear for the same reason. Schatzi never looked at someone with an injury as being less skilled or clumsy, but rather as someone who had tried hard and failed. She knew all about putting everything you had into trying to do something right and still missing the mark and from her own personal experience came the compassion that flowed from her every word and action.

Finally she spotted two figures moving towards her, another bird in the air. She quickened her pace a bit, not wanting them to feel as though they had to walk faster to reach her. The fact that they were both on their paws and moving was promising.

"Hello, I'm here!" she called as she approached. "You can stop, I'll come to you two." As Schatzi pushed through the last of the grass separating them she did a quick assessment: Liyana was clearly the one in need of attention first, the wound on her face dangerously close to her eye. Siphiwe had a limp and although the wound seemed deep, a shoulder was a much tougher area of the body than the face.

"Oh dear," she said softly, moving to get a better look at Liyana first. "Why don't you lie down? Tell me what happened, both of you," she added as she bowed her head to let her sack of herbs and supplies slip from over her neck.

AstoriaFallen

Jovi of Shadows

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2022 9:39 am
Avani couldn't help but do anything but nod. She hoped that Liyana didn't lose her eyesight because of this. One eye is still better than none, but to lose even one of her eyes could be trouble. Though she had her to look out for her so maybe if she did go blind in the one, it wouldn't be the end of their travels together?

Liyana glanced over at Siphiwe and could tell something was bothering him. "Please don't beat yourself up about this... if you are anyway." She gave him a half reassuring smile. She didn't want this to deter him from future travels. This had been bound to happen sooner or later, it just happened to be on their trip. She'd been in fights before, though she wondered if this was the first he'd been in? She didn't want to dig into things that weren't her business.

As the Imbiza called out she was happy to hear that she could stop walking. Doing as she said she laid down so the female could get a better look at her face. Avani perched on a tree nearby. "It was just a small ambush of rogue lions. I think we had come across them and startled them, nothing out of the ordinary....." They were just as hungry and thin as the rest of us, defending their "territory". She could sympathize a bit. "Lay it on me doctor, do you think I'll keep my eyesight?" Infection would be the most serious concern to her eye at this point, given how close the cuts were.

SilverLutz

Jovi of Shadows

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

[IC] Ithambo'hlabathi Lands

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items