[PRP] Picking Up [Gab'riel x Groa]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Avid_RPer18

Loyal Loiterer

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2022 7:57 pm
User ImageReally, she was simply trying to get through her day. The intermittent fog and the heavy pattering rain didn't bother her in the least, if anything it'd help her in the hunt she needed to do. It usually took a good deal to start grating at her, but what really was starting to get under Groa's hide this morning was the young freeborn who had taken to trailing after her, apparently one who fancied himself a bard in the making. He had hung back when she had visited the healer to discuss some things but had once more closed the distance between them. Outright ignoring him wasn't deterring him in the least. The dark lioness pinned her ears back against her skull as she walked, willing with all her might that the would-be songbird would wander off to bother someone else. It wasn't like she was the only one out and about. There were flashier folks around, lions of actual rank and renown. She had things to do! Groa had to be back before too, too long and never mind the pointlessness of trying to actually catch something with an ill-practiced minstrel on her tail.

Finally slowing her pace to a stop, Groa sighed and half turned to face the lad, barely having fully come into his mane from the look of him. Too young as far as she was concerned and being soaked to the bone wasn't doing him any favors. It made him look younger still. "What's your name?" Her tone was as much a statement as it was an inquiry. She wasn't actually remotely interested, but it'd get him to stop his chirping for her to try to suss out what he could possibly want.

"Ah, Hjalti is my name! Glad my words finally..."

Before he got any further, the lioness interjected. "Hjalti, may I ask...How long have you been," She paused to chew on the question for a brief moment. "Do you have a mentor, someone you're practicing under?"

"No, not really. I've heard plenty of tales and songs, and now I want to tell the sagas and sing the songs too. I've been told I'm pretty good."

The 'by whom' that was so desperately wanting to roll of her tongue was bitten back. "I'm sure. Now, Hjalti, is there something you actually need? I can't have you following me around."

"Aw, come now! Surely some pleasant company on such a miserable, rainy morning would be just the thing for-"

Ugh, she was already starting to feel a lowkey nagging fatigue from dealing with the persistent wanna be bard. She'd need to disengage and go on her way soon or the rest of her day may be at risk of falling behind or some things potentially not getting done. Groa did not want that to happen. Her expression remained neutral but the low lash of her tail spoke of her simmering mood. "The morning is fine and I rather like the weather. Please don't assume to know what I'm doing or what I need. I'm going to need quiet and to move quickly. An extra noisy extra body is going to prevent me from accomplishing what I need to today. Hjalti, respectfully, please go find someone else to serenade. If you aren't enjoying yourself out here, I'm certain there's someone who would be delighted to invite you into their den for you to practice your trade."

The younger male was quiet for a long moment, his expression shifting from the, if she had to guess, attempted charming expression, to confusion, before settling into aggravated. He started winding up into trying to argue his case, asking why she doesn't want some stories in her day, and so on.

She was waiting for him to run out of steam, but it seemed perhaps those pursuing becoming a bard just had so very much hot air. The dark lioness waited for Hjalti to take a breath before rounding back at him, loudly. "I don't belong to you! My time isn't yours to make demands of!"

XxXPandamoniumXxX

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2022 12:54 pm
User Image
Apparently, a quiet day was something Gab’riel wasn’t going to get. He looked over to the one causing the ruckus and noticed the two in a bit of a quarrel. He could tell the female was not liking the male’s company at all and it was to the point where she looked as if she was going to rip his head off. This wasn’t an uncommon thing for him to see because the females of the pride were tough and some even tougher than the males. It was one of the circumstances where it was best if you didn’t get on their nerves unless you want to get a nice sized slash across your face.

But he chose to ignore it and go back to looking over a training session a Reaver was having now and could care less about the affairs of others. That was until it dragged on for a good while and it seemed like she wasn’t going to be shaking his male. He didn’t seem to listen very well to words. So, he wrapped up what he was doing before walking slowly over to where the female was bickering with the young male.

“Is there a reason for this? What is going on?” Normally he would shrug it off and just go on his way, but it was interrupting what he was doing. What he had planned.

He loomed over them both and if there was one thing Gab’riel did well it was intimidation. He was a bulky big male. It was obvious whey he was a Captain.

“Well?” He asked.

Avid_RPer18

XxXPandamoniumXxX

Fandom Supporter

Avid_RPer18

Loyal Loiterer

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2022 9:06 pm
The bard had been stunned blessedly silent by her outburst for a moment. A small snarl started to pull on the young male's face as he opened his mouth to shoot back at her, at least until a hulk of an older male slowly made to loom over their confrontation. Groa offered up a silent prayer of thanks to whatever Stormlords may be listening. This new fellow was clearly not happy about their carrying on but she'd simply deal with things however they may fall.

Hjalti took a few beats of pause before answering. "I've been merely seeking to brighten someone's day on this dark, damp morning. Is it my fault if she can't appreciate-"

She cut him off sharply. "Baby bard is all noise and not much one for actually listening," The dark lioness said grimly, her gaze hard and steely as it was fixed on the younger male. "He's not worth the trouble I'd get in if I were to send him away like I'm wanting to," She answered the posed questions before addressing Hjalti directly again. "Too scared to try this performance on someone who isn't actually a captive audience," Groa practically spat the question at him. She'd been born a thrall but she didn't much care for this insistent shoddy minstrel from holding her time and potentially the rest of her day hostage. Letting out a slow, deep breath to try to calm herself, she blinked as she finally broke her stare and looked up to new male, a Reaver at minimum if she had to guess just from the look of him. He certainly had the bearing of a fellow who had seen and done much, and came out on top of it all.

Groa cast her gaze down and away as she sat down, curling her tail around her paws and bowing her head. "I'm sorry to have disturbed you with all of this."

Hjalti seemed nearly scandalized that the apology hadn't been directed at him, but still he kept on. "She's a thrall. It wouldn't have gone this far if she just humored me and listened. Seems her behavior's awfully above her station, no?"

The lioness held her position, head angled away, but the tension in the muscles of her jaw and back, the brief narrowing of her eyes at the younger male across from her belied her utter anger and frustration with the whole situation. The cool rain did little to soothe her in this moment. "I don't belong to him," She more softly echoed her earlier declaration, completely ignoring Hjalti now to turn her head to face the big warrior. Though her head still remained bowed, she lifted her dark eyes to meet his own. "My time isn't his. There are things I need to accomplish today..." Groa let herself trail off and watched the male, trying to get a read of him. She inclined her head a few degrees, letting the unasked question settle between them: 'What will you do now?'

XxXPandamoniumXxX

[IC] Myrsky Syntynyt Lands

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff