Welcome to Gaia! ::

★ Avatar Alley ★ - Dress Up & Ghosting!

Back to Guilds

A guild for dressing up, ghosting, themed avis, contests, and more! 

Tags: avatar, alley, ghosting, dress up, avis 

Reply 🌸 Avatar Alley | MAIN 🌸
Capsule Inventory Challenge Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Reiirin

Unholy Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2022 2:51 am
I'm downsizing my inventory because I have a lot of junk I never use. I often default to most recent items + a few utilities. By forcing myself to only use items on a specific page I'll weed out the stuff I don't have use for, as well as discover/rediscover neat items!

The challenge is to stick to a fixed page of your inventory (equip tab, or a specific tab if you prefer), either for an amount of time you decide or just as long as possible. Only create outfits for your avatar to wear from this page (runway entries are exempt).

Anyone else who feels like doing the challenge, whether it's for one avatar or one month, is heartily welcome to post!

My target page is page 4.

Edit: I've been doing several rounds of this challenge since, with changing pages. Throughout the thread I'll be stating when I make a switch.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2022 3:22 am
Page 4 outfits:
User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

Fun finds:
User Image Unicorn march - jumper
User Image Ace of stars - shooting star stockings  

Reiirin

Unholy Shapeshifter

Reiirin

Unholy Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2022 12:22 am
Page 4 outfits:
User ImageUser ImageUser Image

Fun finds:
User ImageUser Image Kumala/kikila hairstyles - they're adorable!  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2022 5:55 am
Page 4 outfits:
User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

Fun finds: User Image La Belle Dormeuse  

Reiirin

Unholy Shapeshifter

Aeternam

Captain

Fashionable Duck

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2022 12:33 pm
Nice idea! I while back I decided to organize my invo. The first page is my face items, legs, arms, some old classics, EIs. Then rainbow CYMK/Sherbet items then black, white, silver, gold...then on by colors. At the end I have all my hair, items that are singlepose with different colors and backgrounds. Then I have a bunch of older items I haven't sorted through yet and probably won't.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2022 12:42 pm
Aeternam
Nice idea! I while back I decided to organize my invo. The first page is my face items, legs, arms, some old classics, EIs. Then rainbow CYMK/Sherbet items then black, white, silver, gold...then on by colors. At the end I have all my hair, items that are singlepose with different colors and backgrounds. Then I have a bunch of older items I haven't sorted through yet and probably won't.

I went with color sorting for a while, then I went with date sorting, and now it's pretty much just a random mess. rofl  

Reiirin

Unholy Shapeshifter

Reiirin

Unholy Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2022 12:44 pm
Still... going. I'm noticing that my page 4 seems to have a lot of fantasy items.

I'm kind of into that dated look resulting from the items mainly being older ones. mrgreen Although I also feel that item borders aren't as pronounced, so being able to use contrast correctly (yes hello my weakness) becomes that much more critical.

User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2022 8:22 am
Page 4 outfits:

User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image  

Reiirin

Unholy Shapeshifter

Reiirin

Unholy Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2022 1:13 am
Challenge status: I'm still sticking to page 4 but the last page of my inventory is starting to grow very tempting. However I know there are still fun items I didn't experiment with, so I'll try to stick to page 4 a while longer!

User ImageUser ImageUser Image  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2022 6:34 am
Spoiler alert: I feel very ready to move on to a different page, I probably will soon. But I'm glad to have rediscovered + discovered items I otherwise wouldn't even give a glance!

Page 4 outfits:
User Image  

Reiirin

Unholy Shapeshifter

Reiirin

Unholy Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2022 4:34 am
Last avatar I'm going to do for page 4 for now. I'm so ready to fully indulge in the latest page of my inventory next. heart

You've heard of Snow White. Now enter Snow Red. She may be cute as a button, but this girl means business.
User Image  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2022 5:08 pm
Reiirin
Last avatar I'm going to do for page 4 for now. I'm so ready to fully indulge in the latest page of my inventory next. heart

You've heard of Snow White. Now enter Snow Red. She may be cute as a button, but this girl means business.
User Image

I really like this one!!!
I wanted to try!
User Image

DawnLuna

Vice Captain

Hilarious Phantom

15,675 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Married 100
  • Empyrean Scribe 0

Reiirin

Unholy Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2022 5:49 am
DawnLuna

I wanted to try!
User Image

Thank you!

So fun to see you giving it a go too. mrgreen Yours are so diverse, my personal favorites would be the middle one and the first!  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2022 10:54 pm
Reiirin
DawnLuna

I wanted to try!
User Image

Thank you!

So fun to see you giving it a go too. mrgreen Yours are so diverse, my personal favorites would be the middle one and the first!

Thank you! Turns out I just have random stuff on each page.
I like the challenge of trying to make it work though  

DawnLuna

Vice Captain

Hilarious Phantom

15,675 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Married 100
  • Empyrean Scribe 0

Reiirin

Unholy Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2022 11:19 am
DawnLuna

Thank you! Turns out I just have random stuff on each page.
I like the challenge of trying to make it work though

Yep, the forced limitation really gets you to consider items you otherwise wouldn't. ^^ I think I might try another round of this soon.  
🌸 Avatar Alley | MAIN 🌸

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff