Welcome to Gaia! ::

★ Avatar Alley ★ - Dress Up & Ghosting!

Back to Guilds

A guild for dressing up, ghosting, themed avis, contests, and more! 

Tags: avatar, alley, ghosting, dress up, avis 

Reply 🌸 Avatar Alley | MAIN 🌸
Avatar Share Talk Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Feel free to share
  And get some plat here
View Results

DawnLuna

DawnLuna

Vice Captain

Hilarious Phantom

15,675 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Married 100
  • Empyrean Scribe 0
PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2021 2:31 pm
I realized that we needed a place just to share avatar creations!
Be it contest entries, outfit changes, ghosting, WIPs, OC's
Anything avi related!
So feel free to post it all biggrin
If you are proud, disappointed, confused, whatever, post away and maybe get feedback, congrats, or support if you want it

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2021 2:32 pm
I can start:
Here is one I made but is sitting in my closet
User Image  

DawnLuna

DawnLuna

Vice Captain

Hilarious Phantom

15,675 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Married 100
  • Empyrean Scribe 0

Katolincat

Cluttered Control

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2021 6:14 pm
DawnLuna
I can start:
User Image

I really love the colors you used, and I love how much depth is within the crystal! I feel like every time I use that, I end up with a blobby mess or something that looks better without the crystal cutter.

I'm weirdly proud of this halfatar due to the unintentional but exciting effect of the layering making the black half look like a black angel in profile.
User Image

Also, I'm so close to hitting 2500 avatars done in my EI challenge, which is a milestone I didn't think I'd hit when I started that madness.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2021 6:45 pm
Katolincat
DawnLuna
I can start:
User Image

I really love the colors you used, and I love how much depth is within the crystal! I feel like every time I use that, I end up with a blobby mess or something that looks better without the crystal cutter.

I'm weirdly proud of this halfatar due to the unintentional but exciting effect of the layering making the black half look like a black angel in profile.
User Image

Also, I'm so close to hitting 2500 avatars done in my EI challenge, which is a milestone I didn't think I'd hit when I started that madness.

Thank you! I agree, this one did work out with the depth. It is really hard to make that crystal cutter work.

Its Amazing!! I dont know how you do it.
ahh congrats!! Do you have a link to them?  

DawnLuna

DawnLuna

Vice Captain

Hilarious Phantom

15,675 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Married 100
  • Empyrean Scribe 0

Katolincat

Cluttered Control

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2021 7:23 pm
DawnLuna

Thank you! I agree, this one did work out with the depth. It is really hard to make that crystal cutter work.

I keep thinking that there's so much potential in some of the background cutters and I find myself collecting them...and then rarely using them because I can't seem to use them effectively.

Here's the link to all of my EI avatars, which I've been working at for around seven years now:
Evolving Item Challenge  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2021 7:51 pm
Katolincat
DawnLuna

I keep thinking that there's so much potential in some of the background cutters and I find myself collecting them...and then rarely using them because I can't seem to use them effectively.

Here's the link to all of my EI avatars, which I've been working at for around seven years now:
Evolving Item Challenge

Psssst I do the same thing rofl the effective part is hardest

Double congrats! (I just saw it in your siggy lol) thank you for the link. Im super impressed.  

DawnLuna

DawnLuna

Vice Captain

Hilarious Phantom

15,675 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Married 100
  • Empyrean Scribe 0

Katolincat

Cluttered Control

PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2022 9:49 am
DawnLuna

Double congrats! (I just saw it in your siggy lol) thank you for the link. Im super impressed.

Right? I think this avatar represents one of my more effective uses - I was able to use the knit snip cutter to make a background element work for this halfatar. But it always seems like the 'best' case scenario for me is making abstract art/scenic avatars with cutters rather than scenes. That's what makes your crystal avatar stand out to me - it's a contained fantasy avatar that is really aesthetically pleasing!

And thanks! It's a definitely neverending challenge as I'm only about 38% through the non-recolored original version of EIs , but at the same time it gives me a goal to work toward and a starting prompt for each avatar.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2022 6:36 pm
Katolincat
DawnLuna

Right? I think this avatar represents one of my more effective uses - I was able to use the knit snip cutter to make a background element work for this halfatar. But it always seems like the 'best' case scenario for me is making abstract art/scenic avatars with cutters rather than scenes. That's what makes your crystal avatar stand out to me - it's a contained fantasy avatar that is really aesthetically pleasing!

And thanks! It's a definitely neverending challenge as I'm only about 38% through the non-recolored original version of EIs , but at the same time it gives me a goal to work toward and a starting prompt for each avatar.

That is really awesome! How do you start a halfatar?
Thank you!!! Yes I find those cutters a lot easier to use with scenics.

Ommmgg well thats a good dent! And it really keeps you making new avis biggrin
I really do love the idea having a prompt for each one. I thought of maybe trying a smaller goal of like a skirt pose from each recolor of something, yah know?  

DawnLuna

DawnLuna

Vice Captain

Hilarious Phantom

15,675 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Married 100
  • Empyrean Scribe 0

Katolincat

Cluttered Control

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2022 10:35 pm
DawnLuna

I really do love the idea having a prompt for each one. I thought of maybe trying a smaller goal of like a skirt pose from each recolor of something, yah know?

Since I'm doing halfatars linked in with the EI challenge, it usually starts with the prompt item. From there, I'll start piling on items of that color/scheme and in the act of looking around my inventory I'll generally figure out what color I want on each side. Sometimes it's a solid color, other times I'll branch into a multi-color scheme. Multiple colors are also helpful as they open up for more item options. The final step is refining a shape, as I generally don't like nonsense color blobs and prefer something that looks cohesive.

I was in a halfatar-creating mood today, so I saved in-progress pictures of these while I made them, if that helps at all to visualize my process:

This one began with the wingy cape from Deen's Potion. And yes, I have a love/hate relationship with the Wartorn Dancer legs due to THAT SHOE but sometimes I just force myself to get over it.
User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

Changed my mind on color combos, and developed more of a character based halfatar as I went on.
User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

This kind of shows off the chaos that can happen before I get to refining things. I find it's easier to put on more items and then take off things until it gets to a shape I like. I toyed with a weird diagonal shape for a bit, but ultimately preferred a simpler look.
User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

The EI challenge definitely keeps me creating! I like to upload in sets of 15, as that's how many EIs I generally have per page on my thread. So sometimes the sheer need to just get one set done is enough to drive me to make stupid numbers of avatars in one sitting. Still amazed I managed to get four halfatars done in just about five hours today.

And I definitely recommend item challenges! I would love to see your take on that, as it's fun to see how approaching the same pose but with different color schemes can change how you feel about/create the avatar. Sounds like a fun guild forum prompt in the making ninja  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2022 9:56 am
Katolincat
DawnLuna

Since I'm doing halfatars linked in with the EI challenge, it usually starts with the prompt item. From there, I'll start piling on items of that color/scheme and in the act of looking around my inventory I'll generally figure out what color I want on each side. Sometimes it's a solid color, other times I'll branch into a multi-color scheme. Multiple colors are also helpful as they open up for more item options. The final step is refining a shape, as I generally don't like nonsense color blobs and prefer something that looks cohesive.

I was in a halfatar-creating mood today, so I saved in-progress pictures of these while I made them, if that helps at all to visualize my process:

This one began with the wingy cape from Deen's Potion. And yes, I have a love/hate relationship with the Wartorn Dancer legs due to THAT SHOE but sometimes I just force myself to get over it.
User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

Changed my mind on color combos, and developed more of a character based halfatar as I went on.
User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

This kind of shows off the chaos that can happen before I get to refining things. I find it's easier to put on more items and then take off things until it gets to a shape I like. I toyed with a weird diagonal shape for a bit, but ultimately preferred a simpler look.
User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

The EI challenge definitely keeps me creating! I like to upload in sets of 15, as that's how many EIs I generally have per page on my thread. So sometimes the sheer need to just get one set done is enough to drive me to make stupid numbers of avatars in one sitting. Still amazed I managed to get four halfatars done in just about five hours today.

And I definitely recommend item challenges! I would love to see your take on that, as it's fun to see how approaching the same pose but with different color schemes can change how you feel about/create the avatar. Sounds like a fun guild forum prompt in the making ninja

That is SOOOO awesome!!!! Omg, thank you so much for all the pictures.
You must have an impressive working knowledge of half and half items.
I love how to grows into something so complex.
That is a ton of avis all at once! But it must get a bit faster trying to find the right item working with them so often.

Yah! Ill definitely show you! Originally I wanted to make an avi for each skirt recolor of this item User ImageIn Evil Dead Company
But I found I only had 10. Then it was for this hair User Image
But Noooww as you saw, Im just going the drawing / avi combo thing! haha
Yesyesyes If you wanna make a thread for it that would be awesome! Other wise I could~  

DawnLuna

DawnLuna

Vice Captain

Hilarious Phantom

15,675 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Married 100
  • Empyrean Scribe 0

Reiirin

Unholy Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2022 9:52 am
Ooh, awesome thread idea! I was inspired to try using a cutter/frame as well.

Monster school yearbook photo go!
User Image  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2022 11:00 am
Reiirin

User Image

Thank you!
Ooo awesome! I love that, what is the frame item??  

DawnLuna

DawnLuna

Vice Captain

Hilarious Phantom

15,675 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Married 100
  • Empyrean Scribe 0

Reiirin

Unholy Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2022 12:54 pm
DawnLuna
Reiirin

User Image

Thank you!

Picture perfect memories!  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2022 1:18 pm
Reiirin
DawnLuna
Reiirin

User Image

Thank you!

Thanks! So cute, love learning new poses  

DawnLuna

DawnLuna

Vice Captain

Hilarious Phantom

15,675 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Married 100
  • Empyrean Scribe 0

Reiirin

Unholy Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2022 1:25 pm
DawnLuna
Reiirin
DawnLuna
Reiirin

User Image

Thank you!

Thanks! So cute, love learning new poses

Right? The thing I love about Gaia is that the item selection is so vast that there are always new tricks and options to learn about. heart  
🌸 Avatar Alley | MAIN 🌸

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff