Welcome to Gaia! ::

Echoes of Pern [Closed]

Back to Guilds

A Dragonriders of Pern B/C RP 

Tags: Pern, Dragons, Dragonriders, Role-Play, Fantasy 

Reply [IC RP] High Reaches Weyr
[PRP] A Family Affair (Madanee/N'dem + Dragons)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Uta
Captain

Shy Mage

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2021 9:30 pm
"This was an interesting evening, wasn't it?"

N'dem took a long moment to let the words hang in the air, focusing only on the beautiful bronze dragon before him. He didn't want Madanee to spoil the moment--not that he would allow her. No matter the conflicted feelings he had felt about her before Impression, Astraioth's love and goodness made it difficult for him to care. That she was here would not overwhelm the rapture he felt in finding His--that she was now forced into his space, into his home, didn't matter... at least not presently. What did it matter that she had an illustrious queen at her side? Didn't he have the most amazing, most handsome of bronzes at his side? What did sibling rivalry matter when he had finally found his most perfect, most adorable, most loving dragon?

And he most certainly was all that. His hide glistened naturally with the most lovely metallic sheen he had ever witnessed. The way his colors faded into dark and light, with beautiful patterns that he recognized as if from some sort of dream. He knew every breath Astraioth would take, could echo every feeling, and hear every thought. He knew his dragon's wishes before the bronze even spoke--and it would have been so easy to shut out Madanee and ignore her so as he might spend more time focused on His.

But Astraioth wouldn't allow such rudeness, and quite frankly, it was the bronze's loving croon to Carovnicath that saved the day. With eyes purple-blue, the little bronze paused in his meal to look over at his golden clutchmate. I am feeling much better, thank you. I'm glad we can all be here together. And oh, wasn't it the truth? Though things hadn't happened exactly as the little bronze wished, and he had feared the worst when His was at his most distressed, everything truly had turned out well. He was happy--more than happy--and he wanted His to be equally so.

Finally looking up from His, he acknowledge his sister with a small arch. "That's quite an understatement, if ever there was one. I'd say it's the best day of my life," he countered. Interesting didn't even begin to cut it. While he knew that wasn't what she meant--he wasn't that daft--the momentousness of Impression was still keeping N'dem riding high on cloud nine. "I can't say I expected to Impress, but I never would have dreamed you to walk away so lucky. Congratulations are in order though, I suppose." She was a gold rider now. She outranked him, but barely; they were, in a way, equals for no man could Impress higher than bronze; and women could Impress no higher than gold. They were metallic riders, and that did, admittedly, mean something for much of Pern.

SilverLutz
Just picking this up from the Hatching. :3

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2021 7:50 am
The silence that followed the question wasn't unexpected and Madanee kept her gaze on her brother while feeding Carovnicath the bits of meat she had trimmed, the small gold happily licking her muzzle and the sweet blood off Madanee's fingers. This was a task Madanee would have certainly delegated to someone else back in Midling - she didn't care to get her hands dirty - but Carovnicath's presence alone had shoved aside the distaste. Carovnicath knew Hers didn't care for messy fingers and was trying her best to help mitigate the issue and was doing a decent job of it...though instead of blood Madanee's fingers were now covered in dragon saliva. A decent trade off, she supposed. Considering it was Carovnicath's saliva.

Though the gold could certainly feel the tension in the air between the two siblings and knew the history of why it was there, she ignored it for the time being in favor of her own brother. Perhaps she and Astraioth could show these two how to be proper siblings. Setting a good example was the first step and it wasn't a chore at all to be kind to her darling bronze sibling.

As am I, she said with a happy sigh, quite glad that it seemed the rest of their siblings on the sands were slowly finding Theirs as well. The table was becoming more crowded as time went on and although she paused to greet each sibling that made their way over, her focus remained on Astraioth. An interesting choice, Astraioth. Ours are siblings, like us. Though Madanee's memories and thoughts of her brother were stained with bias, she could see why Astraioth had been drawn to N'dem. He was confident, just as Hers was, and didn't back down from a task or challenge. They were quite similar, really, and perhaps that was why they didn't get on very well. Surely the bronze was drawn to other aspects of the new rider, but it was something to pick at later. Right now Carovnicath only cared for the company of Hers, her siblings, and the delicious meat being offered to her.

Madanee arched a brow as N'dem finally glanced her way, their expressions mirrored. Despite their childhood rivalry the past few Turns they'd blessedly free of each other's presence which had helped to dampen the irritation and frustration Madanee had felt when it was clear their father had decided to train N'dem up to be his heir. Now it was obvious by the expression on his face that N'dem felt much the same with Madanee here at the feeding table with him. She couldn't help a tiny smug smirk that crossed her lips for a moment.

"We expected you to Impress," she said after a moment, N'dem's congratulations hardly enthusiastic but at the very least respectful. Carovnicath's delight and happiness was keeping her from saying anything too scathing, and the love her golden dragon felt for her bronze brother was bleeding into her so much that she actually felt proud for a moment. Her brother - as obnoxious as he could be - had Impressed a bronze.

"Thank you," Madanee said, feeling gracious. "It was a surprise, certainly, but I'd have to agree with you on the luck part." She glanced down at her work for a moment, focusing on cutting up the bits of meat into little pieces for her queen, before giving N'dem her focus once more.

"And to you as well. A bronze...father must be out of his mind with happiness." There was no teasing or smugness or any sort of ill tone to her voice. Perhaps there would have been had she not Impressed, but Madanee understood just what it meant to have a dragon now. How could she not be genuinely happy for N'dem? Maybe part of that was Carovnicath's happiness for her brother, but for now she decided not to examine it too closely.

"Midling will be celebrating for days, I'm sure."

Uta

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

Uta
Captain

Shy Mage

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2021 10:40 pm
The little bronze was certain his hearts would burst with joy, not only because he had finally found N'dem, but because his sister was paying him mind, and their other clutchmates were also arriving. Oh, it was all but a dream come true for the little fellow. Things had been so difficult before he'd found His, but now? Now, everything was just as it should be. The dragon wrapped Carovnicath up in a wave of love and brotherly affection, even as was fed.

Is it so interesting, sister? I dare say choosing yours from the tiers is far more interesting a decision--and far more lucky a chance. That Mine happens to be Yours sibling is auspicious, indeed--for how many of our clutchmates might be so luckily bonded? Oh, Astraioth knew the struggle between His and his sister. While Astraioth didn't know Madanee at all, he did know His had conflicted feelings about her Impression--and their sibling bond was strained with rivalry and discontentment. But to Astraioth, it only made them all the more special. He did love family, and he hoped His and Madanee would resolve their issues in time.

For now, at least, he would enjoy Carovnicath's attention, as well as His'.

N'dem, of course, was pleased that Astraioth was so happy. No matter how he felt about Madanee, he had found the most perfect dragon on Pern. Nothing else should have mattered, and every time he looked down at the pale hide of his--HIS--most precious Astraioth, he couldn't keep himself from smiling. This was what happiness was--truly; bloody hands, purple eyes, and beautiful bronzen hide.

"Not one, but two riders in the family," and he didn't need to underscore that the color of both dragonet's hides were metallic. Honestly, though, it wouldn't have mattered what color Astraioth sported--he would have been perfect if he'd been hatched purple with spots. "It'll give Midling something to talk about--especially leaving Father without an heir." A title Madanee no longer could hold as a rider. Surely, though, they both had found a better deal.

"His name's Astraioth," he introduced, testing the name on his lips, wanting a reason to say it. That Madanee might have known due to her dragon didn't matter--he wanted to speak it, to tell everyone who might dare to listen. His little bronze deserved to be so know. "Astraioth, this is my sister, Madanee."

The little bronze did look up from where he was eating, and gave the girl a happy croon.

SilverLutz

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2021 6:05 pm
Carovnicath gave a little croon between bits of meat at Astraioth's adoration and love, returning it to him without hesitation. While she knew she was due all the affection and attention in the world, she wasn't above returning it when a family member was concerned. Especially when the family member was as sweet and genuine as little Astraioth.

Oh, do you think so? she asked, though she knew his words to be true. Of course the story of how she had found Madanee among the crowds in the Stands would be sung by Harpers around the continents for Turns to come, but she liked hearing it from others unprompted. Yes, she knew how to turn everyone's eye, thank you very much. She and Hers would be known quickly.

Certainly few, she agreed, daintily accepting another strip of meat from Madanee's fingers. Tell me about Yours, Astraioth, for I fear my knowledge of him is a bit...fuzzy. Why you chose him above all the other boys. She was curious to know what someone without the history Madanee and N'dem shared saw in the young man.

Madanee's gaze flicked from her beautiful golden dragon to the smaller bronze by her brother's side. Just from the male's body language she could tell how dearly he loved N'dem already. He seemed like such a sweet dragon, which was odd to her considering she'd always pictured her brother with a bit of a brute, not a soft, happy creature. Still, opposites did attract.

The mention of no heir for Midling made Madanee grimace very slightly - her one goal in life, the thing she'd worked so hard to slowly achieve had been pulled away from her in the blink of an eye. Of course Carovnicath was worth dropping everything for, but a bit of her ached at the thought of giving up on her dream.

Not giving up, Mine. Changing the goal, Carovnicath corrected primly as she licked her muzzle free of the gore left behind by her meal. The reminder put Madanee back to rights, the little pit in her stomach swamped by the love and reassurance that no mere title of Holder would ever suit her now.

"I'm sure he'll think of something once the celebrations are over," she mused, setting down the knife she'd been using to cut. Carovnicath finally seemed to be getting full. He and their mother were still young and could certainly have another child to fill the role, or he could look to the young men (and women) of the Hold and pick from among them. In Madanee's opinion none of them had the wits to be a proper Holder, but that wasn't her problem to think about any longer.

The introduction made her drop her eyes back to the small dragon, his croon and Carovnicath's responding delight forcing a little grin to cross her face. He was very cute...

"A pleasure, Astraioth. Your days will surely be interesting with my brother as your rider." She gave N'dem a little smirk, one of the usual amount of sibling teasing, before standing up proudly to allow Carovnicath the space to lift her head as well, wings shifting against her back a bit to position herself for the best possible view.

"And this is Carovnicath. Carovnicath, my brother...." She paused, unsure of what N'dem had shortened his name to, leaving the space blank for him to inform the gold and herself of the change.

Uta

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

Uta
Captain

Shy Mage

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2021 8:42 pm
Astraioth continued to gobble up the meat offered him, but his gaze continued to dance between Carovnicath and N'dem. The love he felt for both was different, but the feeling was deep and ever sincere--just as it was for all his beloved clutchmates. His family might have been his whole world, but N'dem was his everything--and both were utterly loved by the little bronze. His feelings would forever be unchanging where they were concerned. I do think so, with all my hearts. Surely, it will be talked about by others for days to come--and I know it will go down in history as a most intriguing and marvelous event. That he felt that way about all his clutchmates didn't need to be mentioned--especially not to Carovnicath. This was a special and momentous day for all his of clutchmates, and they each deserved to be made much of for it!

Carovnicath's follow-up question did catch the little bronze off-guard. He blinked a few times, before ducking his head, almost shyly. Why did he pick him? It seemed an odd question--a very personal one, really--for why did any of their clutchmates choose them? Why did Carovnicath choose Madanee when there were plenty of girls there? He would never ask, certainly--but he did want to give Carovnicath the right answer.

"You okay?" N'dem asked, looking down at his bronze. He was not privy to the gold's question, or Astraioth's conversation--but he did feel the swirl of feelings that had dampened his bronze's joy. The colors of his eyes had also changed, dimmed a bit, and N'dem wasn't sure what it meant.

The bronze gave a little reassuring croon, nuzzling His' legs, leaning against him. Happier than ever, Mine, truly, the bronze replied to His, before looking back at his sister. I chose him because he is mine. He is ... strong where I am weak, fearless where I am afraid, and supportive when I am weak. I know his heart, and they compliment my own--loving, desirous to do good, and a want to do leave a mark on the world. I may not be large and imposing, I may not have a drive for power and position... but I'll give him the world, should he one day ask. His admission was for Carovnicath only--like some sort of love confession. And perhaps, in his own way, it was; N'dem was his lifemate, just as Madanee was the queen's. If he could write poetry he would, describing just how His was meant to be his... alas, he was but a little bronze, and he did not have quite the words (yet) to explain it. N'dem was His--and that was all that mattered.

Do you not see it, sister dearest? He asked softly, suddenly concerned that maybe, just maybe, she didn't. It never occurred to him that his clutchmates might not see so rosy a view as he did when looking upon His.

N'dem, oblivious to his bronze's conversation, did look back to Madanee. "He'll have no choice, really. Prepare yourself for new siblings, I suppose--it was never really outside the realm of possibility, really." Honestly, he wouldn't have minded another sibling or two or three. Perhaps his rivalry with Madanee would have been different with another sibling; or, at minimum, perhaps he would have had a sibling who actually cared. But what did it matter?

They were here now. Together, like it or not, he'd have to deal with her. At least a gold rider, their time together would be minimal, at best--or so he could hope. He rode a fighting dragon, she a queen. Perhaps their worlds could remain apart once their dragons were grown.

With introductions in hand, N'dem did have the graciousness to offer Carovnicath a small bow. "N'dem, at least that's what Astraioth and I liked best," he introduced with a smile. ""And I have no doubt Carovnicath must be a lady of unique taste, to have picked you.," he countered, though it wasn't meant as an actual insult , where it might have been before he Impressed. Surely, every dragonet had unique taste, for the Candidates-turned-weyrlings were quite a diverse group.

SilverLutz

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2021 5:26 pm
Carovnicath preened a bit under Astraioth's praise, quite pleased with the idea of being talk of the weyr. Even if Madanee had been among the girls on the Sands she'd expect to be the center of attention given she was the newest queen in High Reaches and that always warranted due adulation. When her brother became a bit bashful it only encouraged her to focus harder on him, eyes a bright blue as she waited for an answer. She was genuinely curious if only because what she knew of N'dem was soured by Madanee's less than rose colored glasses where he was concerned, and she knew that couldn't possibly be the case if sweet Astraioth had chosen him for his own.

When the answer finally came, Carovnicath gave a tiny hum of approval. It was good to choose someone you were compatible with, but it was even better when that person had strengths were they were weak and had faults that they could help fix. Truly two pieces of a whole.

No, Astraioth, I see it well, she reassured, reaching out for a moment to boop her nose to his own. Best to hear his good qualities from his lifemate rather than his sister, she added with a little laugh. I think you made a fine choice. He'll help you be brave and strong, I'm sure of it. And you'll help him as well, I think.

Madanee pondered another sibling in the family and wondered if they'd really ever get to know him or her. They'd both be here, after all, and while traveling and visiting family was permitted, their duty was now to High Reaches, not Midling.

"I'm sure father wouldn't let this hypothetical anywhere near a Hatching," she said with an amused chuckle, Carovnicath's mirth at something she'd said to Astraioth bleeding into her mind a bit. "And hide them away should a Search rider come looking." There hadn't been many taken by dragons to High Reaches. In fact, N'dem had been the last one from Midling to be Searched.

She rolled her eyes at N'dem's little jab, though where it might have started a bickering contest between them before, the lack of sting behind the words made it roll off Madanee like water off a wherhide. Carovnicath glanced away from her brother to address N'dem, lifting her head a bit higher as he bowed.

At least he has manners, she said pleasantly to Madanee who just huffed. The little queen reached out her neck then, graciously offering her head to be stroked to the young man.

"Suppose that's about as good as it could get," Madanee said, finally setting her knife down. Carovnicath's hunger had abated enough that she didn't feel like she had to continuously prep more bits of meat. "N'dem...I'll have to get used to that." Back in Midling no one had honorifics like that and having called N'dem by his whole name for his whole life was definitely going to take a few tries to get right. But if N'dem could follow the rules and have proper etiquette about things - even in regard to her own golden queen - then she could, too.

"What happens after this?" she asked, trying to be nonchalant about being in the dark. Carovnicath could only get her so far, after all. The little queen knew she wanted to eat after hatching and could hold her own with her siblings, but other than that, they were both unaware of what happened between the feeding tables and the feast. She didn't even want to think about what would happen tomorrow...

Uta

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

Uta
Captain

Shy Mage

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2021 1:19 pm
Any anxiousness that Astraioth had felt regarding his sister's judgment was put to rest at her words. He didn't entirely understand the strained relationship between His and Carovnicath's, but he was certain that it couldn't remain now that they'd both Impressed. The Weyr was big enough for them both, surely, and Madanee's impression certainly wouldn't outshine his own. He was enough, wasn't he?

Thankfully, Carovnicath's assurance and boop helped ease his worries, and the little bronze gave a small croon in pleasure. His eyes whirled a brighter blue-green, and he offered his golden sister a fond nuzzle. We will help each other. He confirmed, certain this was true for all his clutchmates. And oh, he was thrilled for his brothers and sisters, and could not wait to meet them and Theirs -- but for now, he was more than content to remain eating with His, and spending time with Carovnicath and Hers.

N'dem watched as Astraioth and Carovnicath booped and nuzzled one another, surprised but not unhappy that the two seemed to be getting along. The idea of happy siblings was a bit foreign to the young man, who was still trying very hard not to think about the fact that Madanee was here. Of course, anytime his ire may have begun to bubble up, Astraioth's sweet affection and love brushed it away almost instantaneously. "I have no doubt any future siblings will be spoiled, loved, and absolutely forbidden from poking around any nosey dragons." Fat lot of good that would do, of course, with Madanee and he being riders. Even if they couldn't return home frequently, he would fit in visits. Especially if he was going to be a much older big brother! His relationship with Madanee was near non-existent and more based on rivalry than affection, but he had every intention of doing things differently when and if he were an older brother.

When the little gold dragonet offered her head, N'dem didn't hesitate or spurn such an offering. He wiped his hand clean, before reaching over to stroke the little dragon's hide. While she was soft and smooth as Astraioth, it felt different, foreign even, and a texture of hide unique to the queen. Before today, he'd thought every dragon's hide felt (relatively) the same. But his beloved Astraioth was different. "You're a right beauty," he complimented sincerely, admiring the sheen of her hide. He couldn't deny or question Carovnicath seeking out Madanee, for the dragon's did know best--but he hoped his sister realized how very lucky she was.

Madanee's question did have him look back at his sister. "She'll need be oiled next," he explained, giving a jerk of his chin to the buckets and paddles set to the side. "They'll be growing quick and will need oiling multiple times daily to avoid their skin drying out. Afterwards, you'll want to go to the weyrling barracks to clean up and change for the feast. I suppose in your case you're more or less ready for the party, but it might not be amiss to get yourself situated. I have no doubt a rider is already on their way to Midling to fetch some of your things." The Weyr would certainly provide for her otherwise.

"There'll be a feast, of course, and then, when you're tired, or if she tires, you return to the Barracks, clean up, and tomorrow, you wake up bright and early and start your first day as a weyrling. Liat and her blue Orioth are the Weyrlingmaster's--we'll be under their guidance for the next Turn. There are other assistants too, that you'll get to know, who are here to help." He didn't know all of them exactly, and hardly knew what would be expected as an actual weyrling--but he knew what the Weyr expected of him and a little bit more on what was to come than Madanee.

He wouldn't crow at her for not knowing where to go, or what to do. She was a rider now, just as he was. How she'd handle the change was something he'd be interested in seeing... If only because running a Hold and working in a Weyr, was so very different.

SilverLutz

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2021 4:46 pm
Carovnicath gave a pleased little hum both from the touch and the praise, clearly delighted to bask in the adulation of human and dragon alike. She twisted her head to look back at Madanee, delight twinkling in her whirling eyes as she surveyed her rider. She could feel the trepidation lurking within Hers, touching her mind now and then as Madanee kept circling back to the fact that she had no idea what living in a Weyr entailed, nor what being a dragonrider meant beyond fighting Thread whenever it threatened Pern. Toddling back to her side, Carovnicath pressed her muzzle against Madanee's thigh to reassure her.

As if on cue, N'dem began to explain. Madanee glanced at him in surprise as he detailed exactly what came next, soaking it all in despite not really knowing what it all meant. Oiling, the feast - that much she knew at least - and Barracks...someone would surely show her the way. She wasn't the only one who had Impressed from the stands so they'd surely know what to do with her even if she didn't know what to do with herself and her little queen.

Carovnicath's good mood pushed her to speak, and it was with surprise but honesty that a quick 'thank you' left her lips before she made a face. When was the last time she'd thanked her brother? Genuinely, that is? But when was the last time he'd offered help with no expectations or teasing?

Don't look so disgusted, Mine, Carovnicath scolded gently. I know there are sour feelings between you two, but you're botr riders of High Reaches now. Working together is key for the success of the entire weyr.

It took quite a bit of mental power not to groan at the scolding, but Madanee schooled her face back into a more neutral expression. She decided a change in subject would be best, shifting to something she could talk more readily about.

"I'm sure the feast will be interesting this time around," she said as she began to clean her hands, Carovnicath content for the time being. "It must be different being the center of attention rather than observing. Did any of your friends Impress?"

Turning her attention back to her own brother, Carovnicath titled her head to the side as she wrapped her tail around her feet, taking a dainty seat beside Madanee.

Are you excited to begin lessons, Astraioth? They were hardly an hour old but Carovnicath was already eagerly looking forward to the following day. She wanted to jump head first into learning everything there was to know about being a queen of High Reaches, her own desire fueled by Madanee's equally burning need to learn and start to fit in.

Uta

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

Uta
Captain

Shy Mage

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2021 1:46 pm
Perhaps it was Impression, perhaps it was Astraioth, perhaps it was a mix of both, but N'dem had no intention of harboring ill feelings towards his sister. At least not presently. All the ire and frustration he had felt earlier on the Sands had been soothed away by his beloved dragonet. Anytime his aggravation bubbled up, it was immediately tempered by a surge of affection, support, and confidence from the darling little bronze. It was hard to stay bitter when heh ad found everything he'd needed in His. Of course, that didn't mean he wouldn't still have conflicted feelings-- just because he could be polite didn't mean that he wanted Madanee around to cramp his style, or worse, act like some know-it-all. The fact that they were both now weyrlings still didn't sit right with him--but he would have ample time to think of it once they parted ways, especially when Astraioth was curled up and fast asleep.

For now though, he didn't mind her questions--he was in too good a mood, too happy to be bitter or crow over her ignorance. He'd expected her to have more questions or some follow up, so the change of conversation did surprise him. But he wouldn't push it. If that was all she needed to know, than so be it.

"It will be different, and more than interesting," N'dem concurred with a nod. "You only get one Hatching Feast that's your own--so I'd enjoy it while you have it." Honestly, he couldn't wait to get cleaned up, and to show off his beloved, best boy. Her question about his friends did have his guard go up, though Astraioth pressed against him, and offered a gentle thrum. "Not sure yet, but there are a few I know, yeah," he admitted. Perhaps they weren't the closest of friends, but he at least was on friendly enough terms with some of them. His closest friends had already Impressed, but she didn't need to know those details. What did she care about his social life, outside of the fact she would have to find a new one now that she was here?

.... but as a gold rider, he doubted that would be an issue. There would be riders a plenty only too happy to get in on good with a High Reaches gold rider. She'd find that one out soon enough.

Astraioth continued eating, but did pause now and then to peek over at Carovnicath. I am, most eagerly! The little bronze exclaimed, eyes whirling faster and turning a deep blue. It will be so good to learn and grow with our cluthcmates, and better begin to get to to know one another. Sure, the studies would be interesting, but Astraioth wanted time with family, and was keen to build strong relationships with each of them. What of you? Are you eager for them to begin?

SilverLutz

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2021 7:46 am
Having grown up alongside N'dem, it was easy for Madanee to see his own shifting emotions on his face as he spoke with her. Normally their teasing and bickering held the sharp knife of sibling rivalry to one another's throats, and although their conversation held the familiar tones of their old conversations, something had shifted. Their dragons were certainly tempering their feelings towards one another and it was throwing N'dem off balance just as much as it was Madanee. Something to get used to, certainly.

The feast would be splendid as they all were and Madanee knew she'd be a bit lost at the gathering this time, no longer mingling as a spectator but now as a rider herself. She'd seen how the young queens at other clutches had drawn a crowd and she knew she'd be no exception, though it would be a lot of introductions and new names and faces to learn rather than familiar friends and mentors. Still, that was where she thrived. It would be a busy feast, but hopefully she'd make a good impression and start to work her way into the social groups of High Reaches.

"I'm sure that will make lessons more enjoyable, having people you know around." While Madanee was good at remembering names and faces and getting to know new people, it didn't mean it was a lot of work. She'd have to know all the weyrlings sooner rather than later, as well as any riders that would be training them, and that was only the surface.

Very, Carovnicath cooed, though she wasn't as interested in the lessons themselves as she was for getting to spend time with her siblings, learn what made them tick, see who would fawn over her and give her her dues and who would fight the natural order of things. She already knew one of her blue brothers would be a hard-headed wherrybrain about things, but surely she could get him to see his wrongs. And if not, well. She wouldn't waste her time on him. Clearly she already had one shining bronze brother who was completely devoted to her and wouldn't question her rightful place in their family.

I do believe it's time to start getting ready, though. At least for me and Mine. Enjoy your food, Astraioth, and I'm certain we'll see you and Yours at the feast. She turned her shining head to Madanee and brushed her snout against her thigh warmly. Mine, shall we go clean up for the feast? I do want to make sure I'm quite well oiled and that you are just as brilliant as I. We mustn't rush these things, after all.

Madanee glanced down and let her fingers run over the elegant headknobs of her little queen, listening to her as she spoke. She gave a little nod of agreement before lifting her gaze back to N'dem.

"Carovnicath and I are going to head off, start getting cleaned up. Enjoy the feast, N'dem." It was still odd to say that name but she was going to say it often so she didn't misstep later on. It wasn't so much that she cared about calling her brother by his full name to his face and more that she didn't want to appear ignorant to the weyr's customs to all the people she was going to hopefully impress in the coming sevendays.

Uta
Finally a tag for you! Things are still bonkers but a little less so now.

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

[IC RP] High Reaches Weyr

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces