Submit

TheWishling

Feral Phantom

12,375 Points
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2021 2:26 pm
It was long days like this that had Alumet thinking of her family, especially the day after a Feast for a hatching. She'd no doubt Lusi was feeling off-kilter at best, and at worst perhaps angry or hurt. Her sister, beloved sister, was still waiting so patiently to Impress, and with two Golds in close proximity, she could only imagine how the other was feeling. It was this that led the young Weyrwoman to send a letter by Heartlight, the little green Flit more than happy to deliver. It was a simple thing, small.

Lusi,
I miss you so much, and I know hatchings can be tough. Come on up to my weyr. Zeno would love to see you, and I have Aleryn with me today. I figured we could make an evening of it!

Yours,
Alumet

After all, Alumet did entrust her son to the creche when she'd work to do, but there were times that bringing the one year old boy to her was just...Well. She loved her son dearly, and he was growing so well. Looking more like his father by the day, or so the Goldrider would swear. Now 22, Alumet had settled in to the looks of a woman in her adulthood, lovely and elegant, every inch a Queen's rider. Still, she was not so different from the woman she'd been when she'd Impressed. She was a family girl at heart, and her sister and brother were her life outside of Hers and her child.

She took time to get her weyr tidied, making sure to bring food up from the kitchens that she KNEW Lusi would like. Klah steamed in mugs as the rider moved to her desk to wait, taking the quiet moments as she waited to work on some paperwork instead of simply antsy and pacing.

Heartlight was quick to pop to where she was sure the sister to hers would be. Chittering excitedly, the tiny green all but twined around the younger's neck, happily dropping her 'gift' in to the young woman's hand. It was clear the clingy little thing was terribly pleased with herself for delivering what she had been asked to.

Uta

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2021 8:34 pm
It had been a rest day for Lusialu, of which she was grateful. The Hatching had been a happy enough affair with Oranie Impressing to that very kind, and very sweet white. The clutch had been beautiful, certainly, and she knew that the newest batch of Hatchlings would be talked about for the next sevendays to come--at least until the next queen took to the skies. Though she was happy for Oranie and even Kahbrohm, the makeup of the Barracks was different. Quieter. Lonelier. Once again, the support she had come to rely upon was gone, and there were no friends to easily talk to, no familiar faces to buddy up with during group lessons. Certainly, there were many Candidates she was passingly familiar with, and friendly with, but none of them were good friends.

No doubt, she would make new ones, or shore up alliances with others who were willing--but the first few sevendays were always a little bit rough with readjustment. Surely, she would do her best to follow up with Kinye, Elibrie, Yunara, and Oranie ... but it was still hard not to feel very much left out and alone. Surely, she'd just have to keep herself busy, and soldier on. She was a Candidate in hopes of doing something useful with her life; in hopes of Impressing to risk life and limb to save Pern. But it was very difficult to wait and equally difficult to feel, well, judged--judged by her rank, judged by her inability to tempt a dragon, and judged by the dragonets themselves. What was it about her that made her so unappealing? Logically, she knew that wasn't the reason a dragon overlooked her... but emotionally, it was difficult not to take the rejection personally. With her closest friends and siblings having already found Theirs, she was very eager to follow in their foot steps. Or would she walk the path her mother did, never finding Hers, and aging out? The thought was tucked away, hidden, and not something she liked to consider... Not because there was shame in the position, but because she feared it to be true.

Ah, but such worries weren't proper for visiting a gold rider, much less family. She would rally her spirits, as she always did, and do her best to focus on Alumet, Zenobiath, and her growing nephew, who was just a reminder of how far ahead her siblings were in the game of life. They had weyrmates and lovers and children... and she didn't even have a date, much less suitors of any stripe. What very different worlds they all lived in, despite having grown up so closely together.

So it was, Lusialu paused outside the door to her sister's weyr, giving it a small rap and waiting. She didn't have a dragon to announce her presence, though Honeycomb and Surprise were both perched on her shoulders. No matter how low she was feeling, no matter how envious she might feel of her illustrious sisters life, she refused to let it be spoiled by her poor mood. She would be generous and happy and she could coo over Aleryn and Zenobiath both. No matter what she was going through, she would be a good guest, and keep it nicely buried.

TheWishling
Sorry for the rough tag. I'm sleepy. LOL But I wanted to at least get it started.

Uta
Captain

Shy Mage

[IC RP] High Reaches Weyr

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas