Welcome to Gaia! ::

Echoes of Pern [Closed]

Back to Guilds

A Dragonriders of Pern B/C RP 

Tags: Pern, Dragons, Dragonriders, Role-Play, Fantasy 

Reply [IC RP] High Reaches Weyr
[PRP] Sisters at Heart (Alumet + Demanthra + Dergs)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

TheWishling

Feral Phantom

12,375 Points
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2021 1:32 pm
Zenobiath had many a day to work as a Gold and Rider ought, as well as other days when she was less busy to watch her beloved little ones. How grown they were now, a full turn and full grown, each as beautiful as the last, making her hearts sing. All the same, the Gold felt almost as though she were being left out of life sometimes. Alumet might not be tasked with as much as other Weyrwomen, but with Hers being a mother, and her own clutch? It only amplified maternal instincts that had been there since her hatching. Well, maternal and fraternal. She missed her siblings as much as she missed her hatchlings, and it was this that led her to poke Hers to go seek Demanthra and Monath, that Zeno might find her pleasure. With Alumet in the halls, Zeno took to the air, bugling a greeting to her beloved Green.

After all, her hearts were with Monath, as they were with her suitors. Her darling green Moonlit sister would always have the Gold's affections. Winging to land on a ledge, she reached out with a fond, excited mind, Monath, Demanthra, it has been far too long since last time was spent between us and Ours, come. Alumet is on her way to your sleeping quarters, let us all enjoy the company of one another. While Alumet's ledge might be the larger, the gold did enjoy sunning on the crags above the weyrs that she might enjoy the warmth upon her hide.

Chuckling at the poetic nature of her gold, the young blonde finished her trek, knocking upon Demanthra's door, "Knock knock, I believe Zeno just announced us."

Dea and #Teddy#

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2021 2:25 pm
Demanthra and Monath had been keeping themselves busy, between drills and dealing with Thread to working with the candidates and spending time with Rhiyn and their family. It had been nice to reach out to C'ryn and Aresoth recently, though. Monath missed her siblings and mother, while Demanthra had been missing her friends. So as Monath was resting on her ledge, it was almost like her sister had picked up on such longing. Her head rose from where she was laying, hearing Zenobiath's call to spend time together. She knew Demanthra would soon have her own company, so she pushed off from her ledge and flew in the direction she sensed her sister was.

Ah dear hearts, you know I am always willing to spend some time with you. I know you have been busy, we both have, but I have missed you dearly,Monath greeted, landing gracefully beside her golden sister.

"Yes, she did indeed, a very elegant announcement I should say. How are you holding up?"she asked brightly. It was nice to see Alumet, it had too long, if she was honest.

TheWishling

Dea and #Teddy#

Shy Regular

TheWishling

Feral Phantom

12,375 Points
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2021 2:32 pm
The Gold crooned her pleasure, reaching a nose out to gently press to green hide. Those eyes whirled in violet and blue pleasure, content to have her sister so nearby. A great golden wing raised, offering to shelter Monath beneath it, Yes. Ah, my hearts, I have missed you as well. I am always thinking about my siblings and indeed my children. Between Threadfall and the duties of a Gold, time is often not our friend. She loved the contrast between her sister's pale hide and the dark, burnished gold of her own. It was such a stark difference, and so welcomed.

Alumet, meanwhile, embraced Demanthra the moment the door was open, "Well enough. C'ryn and I have been settling in to a pattern between work and taking time to see our son." For the child born of Zenobiath's flight was a year old now, and oh, Alumet loved him so, "But I really have to get better about making time to see friends. I've missed you so." Moving to sit, she stretched, contentedly. "It's been a long time. Too long. How are you and Monath getting on with everything?"

Dea and #Teddy#

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2021 3:29 pm
Monath let out her own delighted croon, her eyes whirling gentle green and violet as she felt her sister's gentle touch. She reached out with her own nose to nuzzle her back with as much affection as she could give. Once the wing went up, she nestled down under it, against the side of the gold. She was glad to know she had not been the only one to miss the other, though she really wasn't surprised. It seemed they had both been thinking of family lately, though maybe it was to be expected as well. At the mention of her children, it was amazing how much they had grown, it felt like just yesterday they had hatched.

You are quite right, it has been quite busy with everything lately. I still cannot believe how big you and Aresoth's babies have gotten,Monath spoke gently. All grown up and fighting Thread, right along with them now.

Demanthra, of course, returned her friend's hug as tightly as she could. She let her go, listening how Alumet and C'ryn had been working on balancing between things. She couldn't believe how time had flown and her friends had a one year old son. It felt like Alumet had just told her she was pregnant, but to think it had been that long ago seemed surreal. She got herself situated too, in one of her spots, listening to her friend.

"I have missed you too, honestly. I think we both need to work on that, it has been too long. I did see C'ryn the other day, we ran into each other in the mess hall. Monath and I have been doing our best to balance everything on our end. Between candidates, Thread, and spending time with everyone..it can be quite all over the place,"she admitted.

TheWishling

Dea and #Teddy#

Shy Regular

TheWishling

Feral Phantom

12,375 Points
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2021 3:39 pm
Zeno sighed softly at the wistful thought. Truly, it did seem like just the other day that her little ones had shelled. Now, they were full grown, strong and proud, fighting thread. It made her so glad to know that they were doing so well, and that all had graduated without incident. That they're so grown now surprises me, but pleases me all the same. I wish I'd more time to spend with them, and that they would come to me more often but such is the way of life. They become independent so quickly once they find Theirs, as we did. And yet Zenobiath would fly through the cold of Between for her little ones, she adored them so.

"Ah, he neglected to tell me! Perhaps we should find a way to spend a meal together at least once a sevenday. It would be nice to catch up!" Her smile was honest as she settled beside the other, enjoying the fact that Demanthra was thinking the same as she. For the longest time, Alumet had felt isolated from their weyrling class, so having a friend was...very welcome. "And nice to just spend time with someone that isn't a Goldrider! While I love the other weyrwomen, it gets tiring seeing the same people all the time."

Dea and #Teddy#

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2021 4:55 pm
Monath reached over from under her sister's wing to gently nuzzle her. She was sure the other had thought a lot about her grown children lately, she could imagine how hard it was. On one claw, it was sad to go from tending the eggs to having them be fighting Thread. On the other claw, it must make Zenobiath so proud to see how strong they had become. It really was amazing how quickly they went from needing their mother to tend to their eggs to off with their bonded.

I am sure they know they can come to you or Aresoth whenever they want or need. After all, we both know Mama's wings are always open to us, even though we have not been eggs in quite awhile. The love between parents and children never goes away,the green assured lovingly.

"Well, I imagine he just hasn't had time. Usually we are busy with whatever our Wing needs us to do. It was nice to eat as friends, instead of fighting as Wingmates. You know, I like that idea, a meal to just relax and spend time together at least once during the sevenday. If our schedules align for more any given sevenday, then we will capitalize. It is nice getting to just relax with some of my friends, no matter the color. Our whole weyrling class has been so busy lately. And I imagine you see a lot of the same faces, except when a new gold rider joins the ranks,"Demanthra replied.

TheWishling

Dea and #Teddy#

Shy Regular

TheWishling

Feral Phantom

12,375 Points
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2021 5:23 pm
The physical closeness was nice. While Zenobiath did not commit herself to one male or another, she shared a weyrledge with Aresoth more often than not these nights. Neither she nor Hers were the type to tie down with one person, but apparently, having a child changed a few things. Silliness, to the Gold's mind, as she still cared for Aresoth after their clutch had hatched, but was not so emotionally bound. Her wings fluttered a bit as she 'shook off' the thought, going back to thinking about her children and her sister beside her.

While this is true, I still realize that these days they are far more...independent. Her head rested on a pale green one, taking solace in the feeling of the smaller with her. It soothed her, rather like having a hatchling. Monath was not, however, thought of in such a way. It was more a size comparison mentally.

"Oh goodness do I." Came the response with a soft laugh, "Dealing with politics and such, as well as spending time with the other Weyrwomen, you really do see the same faces day in and day out. I much prefer the times spent with other Riders. Perhaps silly, but that's the way it's been lately. I get so TIRED of putting on the pretty, flirty face for the political aspect of the job! It just so happens to work well when you need to play nice." And Alumet was OH so experienced with playing nice.

Dea and #Teddy#

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:05 pm
Monath was quite cozy curled up with Zenobiath, she did so enjoy being close. She would be lying if she didn't say that she didn't get lonely sometimes. Unlike her sister, she didn't have anyone to share her weyrledge with. So sometimes she envied her siblings that had someone to cozy up to at night, like she knew Zeno did with Aresoth..but that was more due to their riders. So if she enjoyed this a lot, then no one could blame her, surely.

They are, but I am really not surprised with such strong parents. Though even strong babies need their mother sometimes. I mean, I can't say it isn't nice to cuddle up to Mama still,the green admitted.

"I always wondered what it would be like to be a gold rider, but I don't think I envy you. To feel like the spotlight is always on you and like you have to perform, no thanks. Plus, I guess having a green who acts like a good is enough, without having to deal with the politics or have to flirt,"Demanthra answered. Though, her friend did it so well, she thought.

TheWishling

Dea and #Teddy#

Shy Regular

TheWishling

Feral Phantom

12,375 Points
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2021 9:48 am
Zenobiath hummed her assent to her sister's statement. Said draped wing pulled the tiny green closer, her large wedge head resting atop Monath's for a moment. It was reminisce of long nights with Hers, with her children's eggs. It made her feel at ease to some way or another. She could only hope that with her own clutch, Monath was right. That her little ones wanted to cuddle with their mother still, or perhaps wanted her present.

...I do miss cuddling with mother. Perhaps I shall reach out to her to spend some time with her soon... And to her children for a moment to spend amongst them.

Alumet laughed softly, "It certainly isn't for the faint of heart!" The politics of it were trying enough, save for the fact that Alumet actually found that part of the job easier. "I find it a bit more difficult to not be among all of you, fighting thread. I worry so terribly for C'lusi...for my sister when she eventually goes up..you and Monath..." Sighing, she tucked some golden hair back.

Dea and #Teddy#

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2021 11:11 am
Monath enjoyed the sound of Zenobiath's humming, it was comforting to her. She nuzzled the other gently as she was pulled closer, before getting comfortable against her. The little green was glad to get to spend this time with her golden sister, without having to really worry about anything. She could only imagine what it was like for her sister to watch her grown children. It was probably a mixture of pride they had grown to be so amazing and sadness that they didn't need her the way they had in the egg. It must be so many mixed feelings to be a mother, she mused, since all she could do was imagine it...which she was good at that.

I would imagine she would very much appreciate it. Especially with what happened with Papa. I really need to go see her myself,Monath admitted.

"No, I would imagine it is not for the faint of heart. And I know you wish you could fight with us, but it is definitely no walk in the park there either. It can be quite dangerous, as C'lusi and Macuith demonstrated. Though, I guess that adds to your worry about us,"Demanthra admitted.

TheWishling

Dea and #Teddy#

Shy Regular

[IC RP] High Reaches Weyr

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas