Welcome to Gaia! ::

Echoes of Pern [Closed]

Back to Guilds

A Dragonriders of Pern B/C RP 

Tags: Pern, Dragons, Dragonriders, Role-Play, Fantasy 

Reply [IC RP] High Reaches Weyr
[PRP] Herdbeast Observation Hour (Astraioth/Iscarioth/etc.)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Smerdle

Scamp

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2021 6:12 pm
You agree it's foolish, don't you?

Nikrys and Iscarioth stood within sight of the feeding pens, watching workers and candidates caring for the herdbeasts and wherries.

Not foolish, just unrealistic. You need meat to live, and they don't know any better. And I can only assume they lead decent lives until a dragon swoops down and snaps their necks.

I imagine so.

You knew what my answer would be when you asked.

I did. I just wanted to be absolutely sure that I had considered all of our options.

Nikrys chuckled and bent to scratch his head. Happy to help.

Uta

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2021 7:26 pm
The sun was shining, the air was cool and inviting, and the first days of weyrling training were primarily spending as much time with ones partner and fellow weyrlings as possible. Oh, certainly, there was work to be done--afternoon chores were waiting for him after lunch, along with multiple feedings and oilings for Astraioth--but at present he and his handsome bronze had some free time on their hands. The two had decided to go for a small walk about the Bowl, and N'dem couldn't be happier. Everything was brand new, for N'dem wasn't looking about the world as it used to be; he was looking upon it as Astraioth saw it, with the bronze's feelings echoing and coloring every sight and new sensation.

A surge of happiness crept through their link, followed by a sudden eagerness and longing. It was a feeling N'dem was already becoming familiar with, recognizing it as the bronze's desire to approach a beloved clutchmate. It wasn't difficult spotting Nikrys and Iscarioth near the feeding pens--the growing blue was a splash of color amid the dusty colors of the Bowl. "We can say hello," he assured Astraioth and his unspoken question, reaching down to stroke his dragon's neck.

I hope they won't mind the interruption, Astraioth confessed quietly, even as he hurriedly bridged the distance. It was clear he was overjoyed to see Iscarioth, and he gave a very vocal and obvious croon of fondness. N'dem could feel his dragon's fawning, and admittedly, couldn't help but look upon both in such a rosy light.

The two might have been strangers but they were all weyrlings and comrades now. "Hello there," he greeted as they got closer.

Iscarioth, dear brother, you're looking very well this day. How nice it is to see you! The bronze dragon was not at all shy, and stretched out his neck eagerly, hoping to give his beloved clutchmate a tender boop or nuzzle.

Smerdle

Uta
Captain

Shy Mage

Smerdle

Scamp

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2022 11:33 am
It was a familiar feeling, that fleeting dread that she'd experienced at gathers whenever an overreaching Holder's son caught her eye between the stalls. But this time, it wasn't coming from her.

Iscarioth circled close to Nikrys, half of his body still hidden behind her legs as he addressed the bronze. Thank you, Astraioth. You as well. Always a pleasure. The blue emerged fully as his clutchmate approached, briefly leaning into the boop like a kiss on the cheek. His outward discomfort had been pushed aside, but Nikrys was aware of it still simmering deep in his mind. She turned as well, nodding at her fellow weyrling and trying not to hunch to make up the difference in their heights.

"N'dem." Smiles came more easily to her now, specifically ones that weren't tinged with sarcasm. "Congratulations again." It was nearly the first thing she said to all of those chosen by one of Iscarioth's siblings, even if she'd said it before. She couldn't help it. The day when bonding with a dragon ceased to be celebratory was one she didn't want to see. "We were contemplating herdbeast freedom. Not a cause to be taken up in a weyr, unfortunately."

Uta

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2022 8:08 pm

Astraioth was oblivious to any discomfort Iscarioth was feeling, with the blue dragon's feelings tucked so tightly away. If he'd but known, he would have certainly given him space or let him be on his merry way, and would have pined for his attention from afar--but the little bronze was too overly fond of all his dear siblings, and couldn't resist saying hello. He desperately wanted to spend time with each of them, and properly give them (especially his brothers) their due!

So it was, his eyes whirled a brighter blue, and N'dem had to loop an arm about the dragon's neck to try keep him from sidling closer. Not, of course, because N'dem knew of Iscarioth's feelings--but because he'd learned that Astraioth would take a mile if given an inch, especially when it came to cuddling or getting touchy-feely. Oh, I dare hope it is! I trust you and Yours are well? The little bronze was eager to assure himself that nothing was amiss in Iscarioth's world--and would be the first to rise up and make things right if it weren't! That said, the dragonet still saw things with a rosy-eyed view, and couldn't imagine anything being off so soon after Impression.

The rosy-eyed view was something N'dem shared with His since Impression, strange though as it was. No matter how he had felt about Madanee or his family and future before Astraioth Impressed, no matter how he used to be, N'dem had been waking up smiling since Astraioth chose him. Faranth, he hoped the feeling would never leave. Any insecurity or uncertainty he had once felt was completely washed away by his beloved bronze. Impression was truly something magical.

N'dem was glad that Nikrys didn't seem too put off by the approach, and gave a small snort of amusement at her confession. "I doubt the Weyr would support that ... but I've also never heard of a dragon able to thrive on vegetables, either." The life of a herdbeast at a Weyr likely wasn't guaranteed to be long lived, but they had food, water, and were cared by the beastmasters and weyrfolk alike. They provided an abundance of resources for the people and dragons who used them, so their lives weren't wasted, either.

"Congratulations to you, as well," he added, belatedly. He didn't know Nikrys well at all, but wasn't averse to getting to know her better. They were weyrlings, after all, and of the same weyrling class. "It still feels a bit like a dream, doesn't it? Sometimes I can hardly believe he's mine, much less remember what life was like before Impression," he confided. He gave Astraioth's neck another thump, even as the dragon crooned happily at them all, feeding off his rider's pleasure.

Smerdle
Smerdle words! /

Uta
Captain

Shy Mage

[IC RP] High Reaches Weyr

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items