Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sweet Symmetry

Tipsy Kitten

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2021 4:44 am
SilverLutz

Everyone wore such false fronts. Perhaps that was why the party in their honour did not appeal to her. Xha'kai had no family to come and watch, and his merriment came from what he chased. She could only envy in him that spontaneity, that joie-de-vivre, and in a moment she wrapped herself around him, touching the light he brought her with his unscrupulous heart. "My love- you are well? I am always here by your side. The only one I will chase to the end of my days." As upon the sands, he crouched down and wrapped her in an embrace so tight there was a fullness in her hearts.

"Come... Let's go say hello to another of your sisters." Worry whirled deep within those large eyes, pools of blue yellow reflected back in his amber gaze. "Don't you want to get to know them better?" He persuaded her with a smile, leading her forwards as he helped himself to two more very unalcoholic drinks. The moment was opportune, and he grinned as he sauntered towards Madanee and her gold queenling. "So, as I gather, introductions are in order, and a tour of the Weyr due as soon as possible. I'm Xha'kai, of Mnemosynth. I used to be very good at finding where the cooks kept the best of the tithes, but since we're meant to be shining examples of weyrlings, I suppose I'll need to put that on hold for now." He proferred her the drink, bright eyes alight with cheer and good humour, grin just a touch upturned on one side. "Madanee- right? But I'm afraid I'm not familiar with your former home." He had travelled throughout the Turns, but it was easier to keep a low profile in the cotholds.

Mnemosynth watched the conversation unfold, as always mesmerised by the effervescence that came naturally to her rider. He seemed to brighten whatever room he stepped into... She quirked her head at him, then fixed her solemn gaze on Carovnicath. Are you enjoying the Feast? It is awfully crowded with people we do not know... Perhaps it would have been better to celebrate in the bowl with other dragons? Or to simply forego a celebration in favour of resting and retiring from the night? She suspected her golden sister enjoyed the attention, no matter the audience, and gave a long, draconic sigh to mark her unspoken thoughts.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2021 2:38 am
Although her brother had never Impressed before tonight, Madanee and her father had always hung around for the feast afterward to 'bolster his spirits'. At least, that's what her father had always said. She was content to be there to enjoy the delicious food and beautiful people that joined in the festivities and celebrations, always sure to bring her newest, most fashionable attire for the event. Thankfully she'd done so tonight as well because now this feast was celebrating her. Well. Her and the other Candidates-turned-junior weyrlings. She wasn't sure what she would have done if Carovnicath had Impressed her without her being prepared to go to the feast afterwards!

Surely someone would have allowed you to borrow something in a pinch, though I understand that isn't ideal, the little gold said as they made their way through the crowd.

"Not ideal at all," Madanee agreed, her hand lifting on occasion to stroke the elegant headknobs at her waist, both due to the overwhelming desire to touch her new partner and the want oozing through her from Carovnicath herself to be touched in turn. They were a stunning pair and they deserved to be looked at and admired, Carovnicath shining and golden in the lighting provided, Madanee draped in a deep red dress and shawl with small accents of sparkle, though if they were actual precious gems or just shiny fakes too hard to tell. It looked expensive, though, and that's what she was going for.

Carovnicath was about to comment on how well they stood out among the others milling about when a voice caught her before she could speak. Her blue-green eyes pricked with red for a moment, mildly irritated at being (accidentally) interrupted, but when she realized it was her dear sister's rider the red instantly bled back into the happier colors. Madanee turned to face the young man, having no shame in giving him a once over. Well-dressed, an easy smile on his handsome face, confidence and charm radiating off of him...and a very smooth introduction to boot. Where was he when her mother had been trying to match her up with other Holders children to wed her off to?

As she accepted the drink Carovnicath passed her own judgement on the new junior weyrling, the minds of dragon and rider melding easily. He was very charming and forward which was nice, but Madanee could see right through the act. She'd done it herself enough times to know when someone was shmoozing with the elite as it were, and while Madanee knew she had a while to go before actually hobknobing with the upper Weyrfolk, just having Carovnicath by her side was a damn good start and others realizing that as well. She had no problem with someone trying to win the attention and approval of a person in power - potential power, granted - and both dragon and rider agreed that this man was definitely worth their time. Madanee because he was handsome and friendly, Carovnicath because he'd been chosen by her sister and that was always good enough for her.

"That's correct," Madanee said with a smile of her own, confident and at ease with the social situation she'd been tossed into. This was one of her favorite parts of being trained up to be a minor Holder and she was good at small talk, saying nothing worth remembering while learning everything she could about whoever she was talking with.

"I'm from Midling Hold, not too far from here. My father's the Holder, but we've been coming here every Hatching to watch my brother Stand." That would give reason as to why she was here, but she didn't care to talk about N'dem right now. "Xha'kai...it's a pleasure to meet you and I'll certainly take up your offer of a tour of the Weyr. I'm only familiar with the Sands and this area." Despite her confident tone, Madanee knew she had a lot to learn, not only about dragonriding but High Reaches as well.

"Have you been Standing long?"

As their riders talked, Carovnicath sat poised beside Madanee's side, gazing fondly at her sister. Mnemosynth had been an odd one in the egg, rather melancholy and reserved. There was something about the green that intrigued Carovnicath though, some sort of timeless wisdom that didn't seem right in the tiny body before her.

Oh, but that's what makes it exciting. And we'll know them soon enough, she added, her tone easily confident. You've chosen quite an outgoing rider for yourself, Mnemosynth. An interesting pick, considering. She didn't say anything with malice or to tease, but a tone of genuine curiosity hovered around her mindvoice, a questioning and interested sensation wrapped around her words. She clearly wanted Mnemosynth to explain why she'd chosen Xha'kai out of all the Candidates present when she herself was not like him at all. Carovnicath and Madanee were fairly similar, she liked to think, although none of the weyrfolk would realize that until they got to know them.

Sweet Symmetry

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

Sweet Symmetry

Tipsy Kitten

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2021 5:01 am
The wandering eye was not missed- so she knew how a game was played? Excellent. Not just a simple holdgirl, but possessed of a keen mind and seemingly good taste. Probably why the little queenling had wandered into the Stands in the first place. Mnemosynth's prickling of doubt bumped against his self-assurance, and he shrugged at her ever so slightly, reaching down to gently rub her eyeridges.

"Ah, a little further than my own wanderings have taken me. I'm sure it was a beautiful place. Cold, like High Reaches?" And spin away from the past to focus solely on the present- being remembered; "I believe I've had the fortune of meeting your brother, but I'm ashamed to say he never really mentioned you. Particularly- that red is a very fetching colour on you." He nodded approvingly, once more reaching for Mnesyn's headknobs to appease her. This was more of his usual charm and flirting, and he was never very serious with these kinds of words. "It'd be my duty to show you the best this Weyr has to offer you. I'm certain the other queenriders will keep you afloat of the more tedious places involves with your duties." He grinned at this, thinking of the stuffy old records room. He wouldn't be caught dead in there. The pools, on the other hand? Cosy dining nooks cleverly dug into the dining cavern? Yes, please.

"About a Turn or so. It was more of a surprise to be Searched than anything. It feels like I've been waiting my whole life to meet Mnemosynth." His confidence had an unheard, earnest quality to it, as if he scarcely believed his fortune to have Impressed such a wondrous dragon. "It's funny to see the parts of us we didn't realise were missing, given breath and radiant form." He cast an admiring glance over Carovnicath.

The green contemplated her golden sister, then sighed again, a tiny little sound. That sounds truly exhausting, Carovnicath. Better you than me. The thought of having to meet and know so many people was a frightening one in itself, desperate as she was for an audience... This didn't seem like the right kind. Her sister's words carried through the conversation, ringing with a sharp truth Mnemosynth knew she had to face. She glanced up at Xha'kai, the whirl of her eyes gentling. He is sunlight, when all we have known is darkness. I could not pick any other. And his broken heart lived her truly. She knew that. Felt it. How did you know to search the Stands for your rider, sister? It has certainly become a feature tale of this celebration. Perhaps she was envious, but maybe for a more obvious reason: no matter what Carovnicath did, or would do, she would shine. Already she basked in a crowd of well-wishers, certain to be the reason for this party. Her unconventional bondmate choice would only add to her intrigue.

Mnemosynth, try as she might, would never command such attention here, or ever. She pulled herself closer to Xha'kai, wrapping her tail neatly around her forelimbs.

SilverLutz

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2021 7:33 am
"Mm. We cherish the warmer days," Madanee said with a little chuckle. While she did appreciate the different fashions colder weather prompted, she loved nothing more than a warm summer day when she could shed all those layers and bask in the rays from the sun. A little surge of agreement came from Carovnicath who hadn't experienced a warm summer day for herself, but the stories from her parents and Madanee's memories painted a detailed enough picture that she knew she'd enjoy it as well.

A laugh left her as Xha'kai mentioned N'dem, no surprise on her features. That had been the plan, hadn't it? He'd been taken here by the search rider and Madanee had assumed after a few Turns he'd Impress and be out of sight and out of mind. He seemed to truly enjoy the life here at High Reaches and she'd figured he was of the same mindset. Sure, there'd be moments when their paths crossed like during Hatchings or perhaps if he came to visit their parents in Midling, but once N'dem had officially joined as a Candidate Madanee had sort of reverted back to being an only child.

"Oh, I'm not surprised I never came up," she said with a wave of her hand, dismissing talk of her brother like a fly buzzing around her face. There were far more interesting things to talk about at the moment like the man before her and herself and their beautiful dragons by their sides.

The compliment was taken with grace and delight, the smile on Madanee's face letting Xha'kai know that she was very open to more of the same. She wasn't some bashful, shy woman who would dismiss a kind or thoughtful observation. The little queen by her side lifted her head for a moment to press against her hip, the gold and red quite fetching beside one another. Carovnicath was more than delighted that Hers was receiving such fine attention - as was due of course - and she wanted all to see that she was at her side.

"Oh, I'm sure they will," Madanee agreed. "I will hold you to your offer, Xha'kai. I expect a thorough tour." The challenge had been set and she knew the man would certainly exceed expectations both in company and in information given. Madanee wasn't used to being so out of her element and getting to know the ins and outs of the Weyr physically and socially was vital to her success.

As the conversation drifted to Xha'kai and their new companions, Madanee glanced down at Carovnicath with a fond smile to stroke her beautiful head, her fingers trailing along her elegant headknobs.

"It is funny, isn't it?" she agreed, her tone more subdued and soft. Xha'kai had been waiting, hoping for a dragon to claim him as theirs, and yet Madanee felt exactly the same. It wasn't until she'd heard Carovnicath's voice that she'd realized something had been missing her whole life that she hadn't known wasn't there.

"Ignorance is bliss, I suppose," she said, tilting her gaze back up to the greenrider, a rather fond expression on her face. "But now Pern seems so much more brighter than before." Someone laughed not too far from where they stood, pulling Madanee from her slight daydreamy state, and she stood up a little straighter as she spoke again.

"Shall we find a place to sit and eat? This feast is for us, after all. It would be a shame to let it all go to waste."

As Hers spoke about eating, Carovnicath focused again on her sister. She titled her golden head as she surveyed the smaller female, curiosity burning within her. Why was Mnemosynth so meloncholy? This was their Hatchday, she had found Hers, and yet she looked so gloomy! But when talk shifted to Theirs the small green softened and warmed just a bit, enough than any concern Carovnicath might have felt evaporated, replaced by the warmth of Madanee beside her.

How could I ignore the pull, sister? None of the women on the Sands were right. Mine is so confident and sure of what she wants out of life it was silly to even pretend any of the Candidates were mine. She pressed against Madanee's thigh as she spoke, affection dripping from her mindvoice and wrapping all three around her in a warm blanket that might have surprised the riders, given they weren't privy to the conversation.

And won't it be lovely to talk about Turns from now? Surely it will be remembered for ages. Just how Carovnicath liked it, thank you very much. A little turn of her head had her focusing hard on Mnemosynth again, eyes whirling blue and green with a bit of orange dashed in while she tried to suss out just why the green kept withdrawing. She reached out again mentally, giving her sister the full focus of her warmth and love.

You won't get very far like that, Mnemosynth. Though her words were blunt her tone was soft. Yes, she was a queen and yes, she deserved all the attention and praise in the world, but she loved her family and Mnemosynth was a dear, dear sister. Though they weren't but a few hours old she already loved her with all of her hearts and she didn't want to see her like this, making herself smaller and looking so blue.You are a green of High Reaches and have chosen a rider unmatched by any of the other men on the Sands. Hold your head up proudly! She reached in with her own head and nudged Mnemosynth's muzzle with her own, urging it upwards before turning the touch into a nuzzle. Not all could be as confident as she, Carovnicath knew, but what kind of queen would she be if she didn't try to inspire it in others as well? And a beautiful green like Mnemosynth who had chosen a fine rider like Xha'kai was due a bit of support.

Sweet Symmetry

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

[IC RP] High Reaches Weyr

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas