Welcome to Gaia! ::

Echoes of Pern [Closed]

Back to Guilds

A Dragonriders of Pern B/C RP 

Tags: Pern, Dragons, Dragonriders, Role-Play, Fantasy 

Reply [IC RP] High Reaches Weyr
[Feast PRP] Starting Line (K'brohm, D'hka + Dragons)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2021 1:30 pm
Kahbrohm - K'brohm - had never considered anything beyond first place to be his goal in anything he did. That had included being the first to his Hatching Feast, but Sabyrth, while finding a certain appeal in the idea - Take a few minutes and make sure you look as presentable as I deserve. K'brohm's own ego would have made 'good enough' suffice if Sabyrth had appealed to that.

But to appeal to his new lifemate's presentation had done the trick to slow the man down at least a little bit. A few extra minutes to be even more presentable. To look every bit the part of a brownrider he deserved to be. To be looked at for more than a few moments of swagger, Sabyrth pointed out. There is also value in showing up to an event such as this a little late - when there are eyes to see.

Why make an entrance when nobody was there?

Neither dragon nor rider would demand attention, with words, but command it with presence alone as they finally, midway into the group of their fellows, made their entrance into the Feast. There were still plenty of eyes watching and waiting to see the Weyrlings arrive, but not exhausted to the point of going 'are we done yet'. A perfect timing.

Exactly. Sabyrth asserted, clearly having thought about it far more than His had. K'brohm wasn't stupid, of course, but where he demanded attention with ego, Sabyrth would make it happen with careful timing and playing both of their cards right. The man would learn in time.

He'd been stopped first by his father, who had almost scooped up Sabyrth the same way he had Lufianth back in the day until the brown mantled his wings and staunchly refused to be manhandled so - he demanded nothing short of being treated with the respect he deserved and N'ori had fallen in line to it willingly.

Which only left....well, a few friends, but - We both know you won't really settle until D'hka has gotten to take a look. Whether it was because K'brohm wanted to show off....or expected he'd be sidelined if he didn't.

Tsunake

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2021 4:13 pm
D'hka, naturally, had been moved to tears when the brown hatchling had moved to Kahbrohm... after a nail-biting moment of uncertainty, of course! Despite the initial shoving, it couldn't have been more clear when his brother touched the young dragon's face and shouted his name in what sounded like triumph. He couldn't wait to congratulate Kah--and, of course, his dragon! Lufianth was perched where she could watch it all, just as eager to meet Sabyrth as he was.

The young man's eyes lit up as he saw Kahbrohm--he'd need to ask what his new name would be--and Sabyrth striding into the Weyrbowl, both of them somehow conveying an air of confidence that D'hka wasn't sure he could ever emulate. "Kah," He greeted fondly, and gave a small but serious nod of respect to Sabyrth. "Sabyrth," He said warmly, and made no bones about looking over the large hatchling with open admiration. "He's so muscular!" The young man noted, his eyes practically shining. "And you know he comes from a fantastic lineage, so it's no surprise... Not that it really matters, in the end." It never would matter. "What are you going by now?" Because that was important, too.

Hello, Sabyrth. Lufianth greeted, extending her love and affection to both him and Kahbrohm. It is an honor to meet you! I know you and Yours will do great things.

demon_pachabel

Tsunake
Crew

Territorial Friend

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2021 8:45 am
There was no preening, no basking in the compliments. Sabyrth hadn't needed any of the compliments that D'hka was showering him with for validation - he knew he was the finest dragon who had hatched that day in the same way one knew the sun was in the sky. Though in this case, the sun wasn't in the sky anymore.

"K'brohm," he answered, the name as natural to him as the new bond with his brown. If he looked down at the hatchling with another satisfied smile, well...would anybody blame him? "He'd have come to me sooner or later - who else could it have been?" While K'brohm had been certain it would be the best dragon who wanted him, he'd never tried to imagine past that. How could he have?

Sabyrth shoved K'brohm with a wing before he looked up - and he had to crane his neck a little, big baby was still a baby - to Lufianth. Lufianth, he answered in turn, I am told that my sire is your dame's clutchbrother? He wasn't actually told this, but he'd been able to glean it from K'brohm, who had internally noted such a fact. We will - in time. There is no rush to be had to it. The last part was mostly a jab at his rider, who had been ever so patiently-impatient.

Tsunake

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2021 4:48 pm
D'hka silently repeated the new name to himself, nodding to himself. "I don't think anyone else could have handled him," He agreed, again admiring Sabyrth even as the brown turned his attention to Lufianth. Considering how... forceful K'brohm's personality was, it didn't surprise him in the least that his dragon seemed like more than a match for him in that regard. "I'm sure Dad found you already?" And maybe, maybe relations could begin to mend. He knew the incident from Lufianth's Hatching had mostly blown over by now, but he still worried.

The green lowered her head at once so that Sabyrth didn't have to strain, and though she did not assume her affection would be welcomed, oh, how she wanted to boop him! That is correct. I would be pleased to meet you, regardless, but that you are my cousin makes this day that much more glorious. Her eyes whirled with purples and blues. May I touch you, Cousin? If he declined, she would entirely understand... but if he agreed, well, that would be all the better for her.

demon_pachabel

Tsunake
Crew

Territorial Friend

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2021 8:06 am
"He did," K'brohm answered, "I'm sure it went about the same as it did for you," give or take that Sabyrth had balked at the idea of being scooped up and had firmly denied it. No, the brown may have loved K'brohm, but not even His would have been allowed to carry him. Faranth, he couldn't stop looking at the brown who carried himself with a regalness that didn't quite mimic that of either parent.

"It doesn't go away, does it?" It was something D'hka would know - that wonderous awe.

Sabyrth considered the question posed so politely by Lufianth with no push or press from His to be 'polite' or that she was 'family' so he should indulge her. It was a decision to be made all of his own and...he was feeling gracious in being adored so. You may, he indulged, stretching his neck juuuuust a little. Not desperate for attention. Presentation.

Tsunake

[IC RP] High Reaches Weyr

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff