[PRP] Soothe The Savage Beast [Zelaya/Sathanaseth/Haveli]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

ShinosBee

Nerd

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2021 9:22 am
Even at six or seven months, some half-grown dragonets were as large as adults of smaller colors, and with their weyrlings still in lessons, and some with... less-than friendly personalities, it made it both important and challenging to be sure their needs were met. Anyone could see from watching the dragonets at their lessons that Sathanaseth was a determined, dutiful brown... but he was not one for making friends, or letting many close, emotionally or physically. At least that was the impression that Zelaya had gotten. They knew Haveli though, or had in passing at least, and knew she wasn't bad at all, though they disagreed on some things. They had different pasts, different outlooks. But now Haveli was a rider, and soon to be a rider in full, fighting thread and saving Pern. Maybe they'd not seen eye to eye, but Zelaya was still more than proud to have been assigned to lend a hand with her more pernicious dragon.

Probably it was because Zelaya was ever-patient, perennially calm, had never been even close to any sort of trouble? Or perhaps it had just been random luck. Either way, they were determined to do their best, and hopefully not bebother the brown more than needed. They'd come by a bit early to the corner of the weyrbowl designated for oiling—the weyrlings would likely be assigned their own weyrs soon, but for now this was somewhat better than barging into the barracks, which were continually busy and packed full. They'd gone ahead and gotten rags and buckets of oil ready, and set aside on the sand to be put to use. There were one or two other candidates milling around similarly, waiting for their charges to arrive, a few already oiling away, or chatting to pass the time. Zelaya though, simply waited patiently, keeping an eye out for that particular, prickly brown.

houllow

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2021 6:11 pm
It was safe to say one could hear Sathanaseth before they saw him. He always seemed to be rumbling with annoyance or unhappiness, not that they were mutually exclusive, and hardly anyone apart from Haveli could say they'd seen his eyes in any state other than a full, angry red. Today was no different, his eyes practically blazing like torches as the brown picked his way towards the spot Haveli was guiding him to. Apparently there was to be a helper - a candidate of some kind that Haveli claimed she knew - and it did not sit will with the brown.

Personally he felt he needed none other than his rider to attend to his needs and usually Haveli would be more than happy to agree. Their alone time was practically all of the time, or at least it was when they were given time away from lessons. Sathanaseth was not a friendly creature by any stretch of the imagination, but Haveli absolutely refused to allow him to become completely asocial. If they were to become anything in High Reaches he was going to need to get over himself.

Also, she'd sprained her wrist being careless and so chores required a little extra help. Extra help that thankfully the Weyr provided in the form of folks who were once her peers. They weren't that anymore, naturally, but that didn't mean anything when there was a dragon that needed oiling despite the rumbles that threatened.

The pair finally reached the helper - Zelaya, Haveli supplied to Sathanaseth - and came to a stop. "Thanks for coming to help today, Zelaya. I wasn't sure if anyone was going to be willing to lend me a hand." There were many reasons behind that wagon train of thought, all quite legitimate considering how Haveli was and how Sathanaseth....is. "This is my Sathanaseth." Her brown rumbled, eyes still burning as he lowered his head down more to the level of this.....candidate.

. . . . . He seemed to be thinking something, wanting to say something, and eventually he did. .......do we really have to. It was not a question. Sathanaseth never asked questions.

ShinosBee

houllow

Sparkly Decorator

ShinosBee

Nerd

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2021 2:00 pm
It wasn't Zelaya's first encounter with a grumpy, or even downright angry dragon. they'd stood for several clutches now, after all, and angry hatchlings were infinitely more dangerous than angry weyrlings. Angry weyrlings didn't kill people, after all. Still, they waited respectfully and still as the already-large brown came lumbering over, eyes fixed on him but without intensity... and then they drifted to Haveli, and softened as they smiled gently.

"Of course. I'm sorry you got hurt, rider Haveli." They ducked in a polite and respectful curtsy to both rider and dragon, a gesture of meaning despite the fact that they technically thought of Haveli as a friend. It wouldn't do to skip it just because they were friends, after all; Haveli was still a rider, and Sathanaseth a mighty dragon of Pern. "It's a pleasure to meet you, brown Sathanaseth. Thank you for looking after her, and all of us." He was a handsome brown, they decided, red eyes aside. A pity he was so displeased, but they would try to do their best all the same, and do it quickly so he wouldn't have to tolerate them more than needed.

Busily they set to soaking the soft cloths in the oil to rub him down with. "And of course—any candidate would be honored to be asked to lend a hand. Even if you weren't injured, I mean." They meant it too. Whatever attitude issues the pair had, to Zelaya they were simply riders, and that meant they got the help they needed before anyone beneath them. And really, who wouldn't want to do their part for wing and Weyr? "Is there anything I should know before I start? Anything he dislikes, or prefers?"

houllow

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2021 1:00 pm
....hmmph. Sathanaseth rumbled again at Zeyala's continued....whatever it was they were doing, his eyes still that sharp red. Haveli couldn't recall ever seeing them any other color to be honest, except maybe that first moment when he Impressed to her. Otherwise always red, but if she was lucky she'd catch a few streaks of another hue leaking in like a painter trying to wipe their brush clean before moving on to another shade.

"No need to stand on formalities with me, Zelaya. I'm just someone who got lucky and Impressed a bit ahead of you." How much of what she was saying was the truth was hard to tell, but Haveli's tone was warm and open. She really didn't want to be on formal standing with someone who literally less than seven months ago shared a massive room. Sure, once Sathanaseth took to the skies and they had a wing and more rank she might be a bit more stiff on titles, but for now? She was just a Weyrling with a brown that had an itch and needed oiling.

After Zelaya asked their questions, Haveli decided just to go on with it. "To be honest, he doesn't like anything except for me." She placed a bandaged hand on her dragon's side, her arm moving slightly as he breathed in and out. "He's been told to tolerate you though, so don't take that the wrong way. Except a lot of hissing but just imagine it's a bag full of hot air being squeezed." She grinned and patted Sathanaseth as he hissed at the comparison. "It's not a far call anyway. I'll also be helping how I can, doing his face and what not. As much as he's been told to behave and as much as we know dragons won't ever intentionally hurt someone, please don't be offended if I say I'll handle the more intimate places."

A motion had Sathanaseth move down so he was in a better position to be started, and the brown turned and swiveled his head to look at Zelaya. He wouldn't bother speaking to them, he had no interest in sharing his voice and opinions with others, but it was quite obvious the unspoken message. I am watching you.

ShinosBee

houllow

Sparkly Decorator

[IC RP] High Reaches Weyr

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas