[PRP] Kiss You Once (Inaisse/Vahl'en)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Meepfur
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2021 8:00 pm
The first thing that was apparent to Inaisse upon waking up was that this was not a time she should be waking up. Sleeping through the middle of the day, even on a rest day, was absolutely not something that she did unless she was unwell. Which she was very definitely not. What she was was quite comfortable, in spite of how riled her internal sense of time was about sleeping through the day and into the afternoon. Not, of course, that she had spent all of the day sleeping, courtesy of a certain gold and the resulting flightlust.

She let herself wake up slowly, indulging in a small, hopefully unobtrusive stretch, before cracking her eyes open to assess her situation. Not her weyr, and a much taller boy, with very red hair. Vahl'en. Right. She knew the greenrider, but not well - passingly at best as a Candidate, but then their weyrlinghoods had overlapped by just a few months towards the end of hers and Alskyth's. The clutches hadn't been close enough to be, well, close, but they'd interacted from time to time.

Inaisse quietly studied his freckles while she waited for him to wake up, unsure what else to do or quite what might be next. While not weyrborn, she'd been at High Reaches long enough to not be outright anxious about Flights - though this was only the second time she'd participated - but she'd not reached a point where she was as readily carefree or casual as others who were better accustomed to it. And she was also just someone who often relied on or at least waited for cues from others, so she would just...wait and see as far as what came next.

demon_pachabel

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2021 9:55 am
Ghengith's restlessness stirred him - the mid day was warm, even for a cold region like High Reaches, and being in bed was extra painfully hot for it. I wasn't that tired, was I? he asked the green on her ledge privately and she answered with a wave of cheeky amusement that he'd asked. Mictecath rose and you swept up the closest sweet thing you could, she informed him, alerting the young man so much he actually jerked a little at the realization.

Which, if Inaisse hadn't already been up, likely would have been enough to make her such. Vahl'en looked at the young woman with an alert alarm as he took in everything before he laid his head back down again. "Sorry, getting my brain back," he explained with about as much explanation as one could give. "Was uh, lost to what the morning was." A goldflight. That had once been an exciting prospect - a year and a half ago he'd have been one of those excited candidates scrambling to know their odds. Never again.

"I'd say good morning but I think we're well past lunch at this point," there was no point in marinating over having a sort-of stranger in his bed. She was a cute one, at least.

Meepfur

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

Meepfur
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2021 11:10 am
It was, perhaps, a little too warm to be so cuddled up with someone in the middle of the day, but there was also something satisfying about it regardless, so she had been content enough not to move - though the sudden jerk from her partner as he woke quite startled her, and she was quick to flinch and scoot awkwardly back a little in case he wanted space. Not that she anticipated that he would be cross, but...well, she was startled that he was startled, and while she might not have much personal experience with Flights herself, they were much talked about, and she knew not everyone liked their company to hang around after.

When he seemed to relax again, however, and apologized for the moment of alarm, she settled a bit...though there remained an undercurrent of concern that she was, perhaps, an unpleasant surprise. "It's alright," she assured him nonetheless, trying to tuck the worry away. "It's...probably good afternoon then, I guess."

Alskyth, concerned over the sudden-though-brief alarm that he felt, gently inquired to ask whether everything was alright, and she assured him that it was. The little blue was still curled up on his ledge, thinking about the goldflight with a touch of envy in his hearts. He knew there were some blues and greens who tagged along in pursuit of affections of their own, but...he wouldn't dare, no matter how much he longed to. It simply wasn't the place for a blue, regardless of his intentions or desires.

x demon_pachabel

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2021 12:33 pm
He could feel his ears burning in the same way one may have felt their cheeks do when blushing at Inaisse's reaction to his startling.

"Probably. Not how I usually would think to start a day, but...." Ghengith had risen in the afternoon, after all, and likely only at home because he'd forced her to be there rather than out wherever she'd happened to be at the time. "I wasn't...uncouth, was I?" the way Ghengith had phrased it Vahl'en was going to fuss and worry about that little detail.

Meepfur

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

Meepfur
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2021 5:35 pm
"It is a little different," she agreed, blue eyes searching for some indication of how he felt or where things might go from here. Even though he'd settled after his initial start while he was first waking up, she wasn't bold enough to assume that it was now alright to cuddle back up to him. And so she stayed, somewhat awkwardly, close but not so close as to be touching.

His question puzzled her, and she tilted her head slightly. "I don't...think so?" As she wasn't weyrborn, Inaisse had a fair idea that Weyr and Hold interpretations of 'uncouth' differed greatly. "It's...all a little uncouth, probably. But it was nice."

demon_pachabel

[IC RP] High Reaches Weyr

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff