Welcome to Gaia! ::

Echoes of Pern [Closed]

Back to Guilds

A Dragonriders of Pern B/C RP 

Tags: Pern, Dragons, Dragonriders, Role-Play, Fantasy 

Reply [IC RP] High Reaches Weyr
[PRP] Aches & Pains (C'ryn/Aresoth & Demanthra/Monath)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

BastetAmun

Feral Hunter

9,200 Points
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Trick or Treat 100
PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2021 11:54 am
With drill practice done for the morning Aresoth alighted down, circling the cadera of the Weyr before finding a spot and landing in the weyrbowl proper. Settling down upon the ground Aresoth turned his head to watch as C'ryn undid his straps and then slid down to the ground beside him. Keeping his right hand against Aresoth's bronze hide he pulled his flight cap and goggles off of his head and raised his left hand to run through his hair. That action caused a slight wince, C'ryn's right hand moving to grip his shoulder for a moment before he rotated his arm in a large circle.

You are sore? Yellow whirled in the bronze's eyes as C'ryn let his arm drop and look at him, reaching out and rubbing the eye ridges as he started to walk.

"I caught a sack of firestone wrong the other day. Twisted a bit to get it, I'll be fine it just smarts a bit." The young man smiled at the bronze, hoping to dissuade any worries he might still have. Aresoth lifted his head some, putting his nose up against C'ryn and then letting out a huff of breath that caused his hair to blow some. Laughing, C'ryn pushed his nose away and began to walk towards the kitches and mess hall. "I'm fine Aresoth, we've had worse a little strain won't cause issues."

As long as you take care and are easy with it, C'rynmine. It's sore for a reason, you push yourself hard.

At the bronze's words as he moved inside, C'ryn raised his right hand to show he heard before he disappeared from view. Unbuttoning his flight jacket C'ryn let out a soft sigh as he moved, testing his shoulder every now and then by rotating it. Each time there was a pain, no matter how soft it might have felt he felt Aresoth's touch a bit firmer between them.

After grabbing some food the bronzerider moved to sit down at a table to eat lunch.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2021 2:11 pm
Demanthra was ready for some food, now that the drill practice was done. She knew the other candidatemaster assistants would be keeping an eye on the candidates, so she was free to enjoy her time. So as soon as Monath alighted softly into the Weyrbowl, she undid her straps and slid down. She took off her cap and googles, so her blue-green eyes could be seen once more.

Now please go eat, Mine. I will not have you wasting away because you feel you are too busy. If you don't, you know you won't hear the end of it,Monath warned her rider, with love pushed in there.

"Alright, alright, I am going. I have no interest in a temper tantrum about how I didn't listen to you,"the young woman teased her green, before patting her gently. Then she went into the mess hall, getting herself some food to eat. She looked around and noticed C'ryn, so scooted over to talk with her friend. Even though they were the same wing, she hadn't really had time to socialize lately (other than with Rhiyn). She felt Monath tell her that she needed to remedy that, since friends were important as well.

"Hey you,"she greeted, sitting down opposite of him.

Hello brother, how are you doing today?Monath greeted the bronze, going over to where he was.

BastetAmun

Dea and #Teddy#

Shy Regular

BastetAmun

Feral Hunter

9,200 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Trick or Treat 100
PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2021 9:51 am
Sitting down and taking a bite of a meat roll C’ryn lifted his eyes from his plate to look at Demanthra as she came over and joined him at the table. He rose his hand in greeting as he swallowed the food in his mouth before speaking. “Hey. How did you do during drills?” He saw Demanthra pretty regulary thanks to being one the same wing, it was nice having someone from weyrling days so close by.

Feeling Monath’s touch the bronze reached back to her. Monath Aresoth leaned his head over and lightly nuzzled it against the green. I’m doing well. Watching as my children have grown and now Elzebuth’s grow. There was a bit of a wistful tone to his words as he spoke. How have you been dead? We have not had as much chance to talk or spend time with one another.

Dea and #Teddy#

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2021 7:06 pm
Demanthra saw the wave, seeing C'ryn had some food in his mouth to keep him from verbally replying right away. She didn't mind, she could only imagine he needed to eat as much as she did. While he wasn't an assistant, he was a bronze rider and that had a whole lot of responsibility of its own. So she took a piece of her meat and popped it in her mouth, while she waited. As he asked his question about how she did in drill, she swallowed the bite.

"We did alright, but there is some work we need to do with Monath not getting annoyed when she misses a piece. I remind her that we have teammates for a reason. How did drill go for you?"the young woman asked her friend. She was glad one of her friends from the sands and as Weyrlings was in the same wing as she was.

Monath returned Aresoth's nuzzle with one of her own, it felt good to get to spend some time with her brother. She was glad he was doing well, even if he was thinking of how his little ones had grown and Elzebuth's now were half way grown. It was amazing to think how fast time flew and even they had been small at one point. She was proud to see how all of nieces and nephews had grown/were growing into strong adults.

They have all grown to be pretty amazing, though not surprised at all. I have been doing well and I am sorry we have not had a chance to spend much time together lately. I will certainly try and remedy that,Monath apologized.

BastetAmun

Dea and #Teddy#

Shy Regular

BastetAmun

Feral Hunter

9,200 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Trick or Treat 100
PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2021 8:44 pm
"Aresoth has those moments as well. He isn't as hard on himself now but he knows he cannot maneuver as well or quickly as Monath or smaller dragons can." It was nice to take a moment to sit and talk for a while. He missed the times when they had all been werylings with one another, there had been a closeness between all of them, even if they had not all become close friends. "I twisted my shoulder a bit." As it was mentioned, C'ryn lifted his hand to lightly rub his shoulder, trying to work the soreness out of the joint. "Aside from that it was pretty normal and uneventful really."

He paused for a moment as he looked down at the food on his plate, taking another bite before speaking. "I'm glad all of us are still okay..."

They have. I am quite proud of them and theirs. Aresoth paused some before a soft sigh seemed to escape him a bit. He laid down upon the ground, lifting a wing and offering Monath a spot to lay beside him if she wished. We have all been busy, Thread is falling more and more. He lifted his head to look at his green sister as he leaned his head towards hers again. You are always welcome on my ledge Monath, if you need to talk or not.

Dea and #Teddy#

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2021 4:41 pm
Demanthra was glad it wasn't just her dragon who had moments like that, even one of her green's clutchsibs. It was true, Aresoth was bigger, so could not pull off the moves the smaller dragons like Monath could. However, there were things that he could do that they couldn't as well. She sighed happily, she had almost forgotten how nice it was to eat with friends. It was hard to believe it had been 4 turns since their bondmates had came into their lives. Their Weyrling group had done so much together, it felt like just yesterday in ways.

"Aresoth at least has more stamina and strength than Monath. She is decent, for a green, but she saw her limits when she chased Zenobiath. Doesn't stop her from trying to last as long as she wants. And ouch, I imagine you got that from firestone bag catching?"she asked. She nodded softly when he said he was glad they were all okay, at least most of them. They had lost a few of their Weyrling group since, which she wished hadn't happened, but it was part of life as a rider.

Monath heard her brother's sigh, wondering if he was alright, a little yellow leaking into her currently blue eyes. As he laid down on the ground, she went to lay next to him as he lifted his wing in invitation to her. She couldn't argue that Thread had been falling more lately. It certainly was not something she was happy about, knowing it meant more people were in danger of getting hurt. That, of course, meant everyone close to her, including her clutchsibs and mother.

I will have to take you up on that offer, Aresoth. I guess I always worry to intrude. Aresoth..do you ever miss Papa?Monath asked. All this talk of babies made her think of their own family.

BastetAmun

Dea and #Teddy#

Shy Regular

BastetAmun

Feral Hunter

9,200 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Trick or Treat 100
PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2021 8:40 pm
"Bronze's tend to have that, it's why they and Browns are the ones who fly for the entirety of Fall. That strength and stamina though means they are not as agile or even fast as Blues, Greens and Whites." Rattling all of this off was almost second nature at this moment. Of course Demanthra new all this of course, they had been in weyrling classes underneath V'mel after all. "Sorry, of course he know all that." He chuckled softly as he thought back to the Zenobiath's madien flight. "Monath's stayed up with the others fairly well if I remember correctly." There was another chuckle. "It was hard to focus on much that day aside from Zenobiath and Alumet."

Pausing in his speech as he took another bite of food C'ryn let his attention move to look around the dinning hall before falling on Demanthra again. "Aside from the drills how have you been?"

With Monath laying beside him Aresoth let his wing go back down to drape over his green sister. Lifting his head to look over the bowl, watching the bustle of everything before he let his attention move to look back at Demanthra again.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2021 8:42 pm
"Bronze's tend to have that, it's why they and Browns are the ones who fly for the entirety of Fall. That strength and stamina though means they are not as agile or even fast as Blues, Greens and Whites." Rattling all of this off was almost second nature at this moment. Of course Demanthra new all this of course, they had been in weyrling classes underneath V'mel after all. "Sorry, of course he know all that." He chuckled softly as he thought back to the Zenobiath's madien flight. "Monath's stayed up with the others fairly well if I remember correctly." There was another chuckle. "It was hard to focus on much that day aside from Zenobiath and Alumet."

Pausing in his speech as he took another bite of food C'ryn let his attention move to look around the dinning hall before falling on Demanthra again. "Aside from the drills how have you been?"

With Monath laying beside him Aresoth let his wing go back down to drape over his green sister. Lifting his head to look over the bowl, watching the bustle of everything before he let his attention move to look back at Demanthra again. You are never intruding Monath. An announcement of you coming would be all I ask but you are never intruding."

The question about missing their father gave Aresoth some pause, his eyes flicking to a whirling grey for a moment before returning back to the blue-green. He had never been too close to Takarath, he had been his bronze sire and as such Aresoth had looked up to his father as many young bronzes did but, he did not hold him as an idol. But did he miss him? I was not as close to him as some of our other siblings, though I do miss him and I know Mother misses him deeply. My hearts ache to see her as sad as she has been and I only wish there was something any of us could do that might help her to feel better.

Dea and #Teddy#

BastetAmun

Feral Hunter

9,200 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Trick or Treat 100

Dea and #Teddy#

Shy Regular

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2021 12:18 am
Demanthra took a bite of a meatroll, nodding her head to what C'ryn said. Yes, it was indeed why those like Aresoth and Iptoneth could stay up all flight, while Monath and those like her could only last for part of it. Each dragon had their own skills they brought to the table, that is what they needed during Threadfall. She laughed softly along with her friend as he spoke about she already knew all that. After all, they had both been trained by one of the best in V'mel. It was weird to think of him not teaching, kind of wondering what he was doing with his time.

"She did as best as she could, she stayed in longer than some may have thought a green could do. And I don't blame you, I was juggling between Monath's feelings and my own...keeping Rhiyn busy. Golds in flight is one thing, another thing when it is one your dragon cares about. Aside from drills, I have been doing okay. Monath has been..a little jealous of queens getting all that attention,"she giggled. She felt a huff in her mind from aforementioned green, her giggling getting a bit louder.

Monath listened as her brother assured her that she was never intruding, she just had to give him warning when she was coming. She nestled under his wing, she could certainly do that and let him know anytime she decided to drop in for a visit. She noticed Aresoth pause as their father was brought up, seeing the bit of momentary grey in his eyes. As he explained he was not as close to their father as some of their siblings, he did miss him. At the mention of their mother, some grey slipped into her own eyes as well.

I wish I knew how to help Mama more too. I know she misses Papa more than any of us. She has been trying to remain strong for us, but she is still hurting,the green agreed. She had not spent as much time with their father as she had her mother, but she missed him.

BastetAmun

[IC RP] High Reaches Weyr

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff