Welcome to Gaia! ::

★ Avatar Alley ★ - Dress Up & Ghosting!

Back to Guilds

A guild for dressing up, ghosting, themed avis, contests, and more! 

Tags: avatar, alley, ghosting, dress up, avis 

Reply 🌸 Avatar Alley | MAIN 🌸
Potential Contests - taking feedback! Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

GH0ULFRIEND

Friendly Phantom

15,500 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Budding Witch 250
  • Sweetest Romantic 250
PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2021 8:33 am
Hey there! So, I want to start hosting contests with the guild once we get enough funds/prizes.

So, what I'd like to know from you guys:

- What kind of prizes would you be interested in seeing?
- What kind of contest themes would be interesting for you?

I'd love to get your feedback so we can create some contests that you guys will enjoy participating in! heart

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2021 2:07 am
For prizes, I think anything goes! Art, gold, items, rigs/cis, whatever.

And I'm into just about any theme except a few of the more R rated topics but I don't think they'd be the themes anyways lol

I personally just wanna see someone shake it up with themes. Maybe do a mix of themes or something challenging but easy for anyone to give a try. I wish I had more to suggest but got a bit of the ole brain fog going on.  

Ensavondel

Sparkly Strawberry

Hekiko

Fashionable Bunny

26,200 Points
  • Master Converter 500
  • Foolhardy Benefactor 500
PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2021 10:59 am
Prizes: I'm not picky. And if needed, I can definitely donate some prizes for others.

Contest Themes: Anything goes here. Themes are fun. I'd definitely like to see seasonal themes and themes that encourage people to work in different styles.

I think it could also be interesting to post an avatar (with the maker's permission) and see people try to create a companion avatar or twin.

gaia_bunny

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2021 7:49 pm
Hekiko
Prizes: I'm not picky. And if needed, I can definitely donate some prizes for others.

Contest Themes: Anything goes here. Themes are fun. I'd definitely like to see seasonal themes and themes that encourage people to work in different styles.

I think it could also be interesting to post an avatar (with the maker's permission) and see people try to create a companion avatar or twin.

gaia_bunny

I double that companion/twin idea!!  

Hanurai

Aged Battery

unlucky skin

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2021 1:46 am
Hanurai
I double that companion/twin idea!!

I also like the companion idea. 3nodding

Moxalunos

I think I came up with some "shook" themes that I hope you'll like! wink

Those will come later, though. Our first contest will be more fundamental to the guild's identity & morale.
lol Just a little hint at what'll be comin' soon.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2021 12:17 pm
I have an idea for an ongoing Challenge to put in the contest sub forum? I might have participation prizes but its mostly just for fun.  

DawnLuna

Vice Captain

Hilarious Phantom

15,675 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Married 100
  • Empyrean Scribe 0

GH0ULFRIEND

Friendly Phantom

15,500 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Budding Witch 250
  • Sweetest Romantic 250
PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2021 4:10 pm
DawnLuna
I have an idea for an ongoing Challenge to put in the contest sub forum? I might have participation prizes but its mostly just for fun.
What did you have in mind? I'd love to hear about it. smile  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2021 2:37 pm
GH0ULFRIEND
DawnLuna

Or maybe its just general like the color scheme mixing. But basically you use the last 7 items in your invo, whatever they are, and make an avi.
The point is to have fun and the way I did it once before was each person writes a little story to explain the avi.
Here's an image I made for it:
User Image  

DawnLuna

Vice Captain

Hilarious Phantom

15,675 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Married 100
  • Empyrean Scribe 0

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2021 4:47 pm
DawnLuna
GH0ULFRIEND
DawnLuna

Or maybe its just general like the color scheme mixing. But basically you use the last 7 items in your invo, whatever they are, and make an avi.
The point is to have fun and the way I did it once before was each person writes a little story to explain the avi.
User Image
This sounds really fun! I'd love to do something like this. Maybe we can work together on getting something up smile  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2021 5:55 pm
DawnLuna
GH0ULFRIEND
DawnLuna

User Image
This sounds really fun! I'd love to do something like this. Maybe we can work together on getting something up smile

Sounds great! ^_^  

DawnLuna

Vice Captain

Hilarious Phantom

15,675 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Married 100
  • Empyrean Scribe 0

Aeternam

Captain

Fashionable Duck

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2021 4:17 pm
I would like to see avi contest that requires the use of a specific item...maybe a hidden gem or a super old item.

Or also the best 10k avi might be fun.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2021 5:45 pm
I like the twin idea, do like a drawing where we are randomly paired up (that way no one gets left out) and have them draw a number and for each number will have a style, then they must either do a twinsie thing or even a ying yang idea. Or story time!! The theme could be generic like fantasy, animals, gore etc but they also have to write a short story to go with it!! I really like that one, but that also might not be fair because some people may have trouble with creative writings.  

xXLittleXCloverXx

Invisible Friend

Vosca

Crew

Distinct Conversationalist

9,050 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Big Tipper 100
PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2021 9:14 pm
I feel a little hypocritical with this one, but cosplay contests are fun. Like each week/month is a different series or movie.
I only call myself a hypocrite for that because I usually don't do those ones sweatdrop but I love to look at them, I think they're really cool. And I'd be willing to try one or two rounds.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2021 7:14 pm
Because I'm trash, what about one based on mythology and lore?

Colors would be an easy one.

Giving everyone the same item to work with would be interesting too! I did a prompt where someone got a random item and told everyone to use it to see how they would dress the item up. It was one of those single items with a many recolors of it as the poses.

I think something interesting also is doing a secret Santa kind of deal where everyone submits an item/color scheme/style theme and then it gets randomly distributed to the players and we post the outcomes and see who got who.  

RemStryx

Fashionable Hoarder

13,375 Points
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
  • Generous 100
  • Battle: Defender 100

Pocket Kanin

Shy Bunny

11,125 Points
  • Novice Dungeon Explorer 50
  • Novice Mage 100
  • Nerd 50
PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2021 8:52 pm
I think mythology/lore would be really fun! I think that sort of theme opens up for a lot of creativity.

I'm always so amazed at what people can do for cosplay too. I've put together a couple, but that was back in ye olde 2007 days. But think of the ways I could improve them now. :O

The Secret Santa idea sounds fantastic! I'm really on board for that!  
🌸 Avatar Alley | MAIN 🌸

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff