Welcome to Gaia! ::

★ Avatar Alley ★ - Dress Up & Ghosting!

Back to Guilds

A guild for dressing up, ghosting, themed avis, contests, and more! 

Tags: avatar, alley, ghosting, dress up, avis 

Reply 🌸 Avatar Alley | MAIN 🌸
Introduction - Post here first, say hello! Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 13 14 15 16 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

GH0ULFRIEND

Friendly Phantom

15,500 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Budding Witch 250
  • Sweetest Romantic 250
PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2021 2:52 pm
Hello everyone, Welcome to Avatar Alley!

This is where you can say Hello to your fellow guildmates and introduce yourself! Here's a little template you can use, if you'd like!

Name or Nickname:
Favorite Dress up item(s):
What inspires your avatars?:
What you hope to get out of the guild:

A little bit about yourself (can be anything, as short/long as you like!):

I would appreciate it if you could post an introduction soon after you join. I'd like to get to know you all! Thanks! heart

xXx c0rdelia here:
After you introduce yourself~ head over to the feedback announcement, and let us know what sorts of contests + challenges you're hoping to see * w *

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2021 4:51 pm
Name or Nickname: Ghoul
How long you've been on Gaia: Since 2008
Favorite Dress up item(s): Dirty Floral Band and Tisiphone's Vindictive Grace are two of my most used
What inspires your avatars?: I love creepy stuff, I love blood/gore, I love monsters! But, sometimes I just wanna look cute too, yanno? whee
What you hope to get out of the guild: Possibly have a place to talk about avatars and share the new ones I make, and ghosting one another might be neat! Maybe when I get some funds, we can hold contests!

A little bit about yourself (can be anything, as short/long as you like!): I love horror movies/books and creepy online ARGs, have been trying to get into anime again, and I have also been getting into RPing after a long time!

GH0ULFRIEND

Friendly Phantom

15,500 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Budding Witch 250
  • Sweetest Romantic 250

Hanurai

Aged Battery

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2021 6:42 pm
Hello everyone, Welcome to Avatar Alley!

This is where you can say Hello to your fellow guildmates and introduce yourself! Here's a little template you can use, if you'd like!

Name or Nickname: Han, Hanu, Hanurai
How long you've been on Gaia:15 years
Favorite Dress up item(s): All things melty or sinful
What inspires your avatars?: Nothing in particular. I try to follow color palettes
What you hope to get out of the guild: New color schemes

A little bit about yourself (can be anything, as short/long as you like!): I'm a professional driver. I haul freight all over the United States, doing my part for communities and the economy I guess. All add more over time surprised  
PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2021 11:07 pm
Nickname: c0rdelia ~ pleased to meet ya

How long you've been on Gaia: Just recently, although I've had a few accounts on/off since 2005.

Favorite item(s): I like wingz, leg mods, -cute- eyes (some of them are just awful! talk2hand ), early 00's items;
I'm trying to get into backgrounds and handheld items. I'm trying -not- to get into the opal/pastel/galaxy theme (and it's really hard).

What inspires your avatars?: Mostly, I build an avatar around one item or color I like. But I'm always creating them in my mind, and I'm often jazzed by the avis I see across the site. Without tektek, though, I find I have little patience to be as creative with them as I'd like to be. sad

What you hope to get out of the guild: Okay, full disclosure, I would love for this guild to become my main squeeze. whee
Back in the day, the forums were my favorite place to be. But it's so hit or miss now, and I really struggle with avoiding/interacting with politically charged gaians. I'd really like to just settle down in a nice guild on the hillside and talk about avis + items, because that's like, where it's at. lol

A little bit about yourself: I feel like I've already said a lot, so just ask if there's anything you'd like ta know.

unlucky skin

Vosca

Crew

Distinct Conversationalist

9,050 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Big Tipper 100
PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2021 4:33 pm
Name or Nickname: Vosca
How long you've been on Gaia: Off and on for probably about 12 years? Probably more? I've gone through a couple accounts, so I'm not sure.
Favorite Dress up item(s): Ooooh, that's hard. I don't know if I have a specific one, but I really like mouth and eye mods. A good face can really make or break an avi.
What inspires your avatars?: I actually have this kinda dumb story that my avi is 4 different versions of herself from different dimensions. Each version has a different color theme and personality, and I rotate between the versions and try to match those themes/personalities. Sometimes they get "spliced" and then I use different/weirder color themes to represent that. It makes it a little more challenging, but really fun (also my inventory has become way more organized because of it, lol)
What you hope to get out of the guild: I'm hoping to have a group of active people for avatar games and ghosting, cuz those are my favorite things to do on gaia smile Also closet threads! I love doing those and looking at other people's closets! I've started getting really good about saving the avis I like and even noting the items I used, so I'm looking forward to sharing that. emotion_bigheart

A little bit about yourself (can be anything, as short/long as you like!):
I'm honestly not that interesting of a person gonk I'm pretty middle-of-the-road on most things and don't have a lot of interests as far as like movies/tv and such. So I just get on here, play around with my avi, do little games in the forums, and then dip.  
PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2021 10:51 am
Name or Nickname: Hekiko, Heki, or Jais
How long you've been on Gaia: On and off since 2003. Still have my OG account.
Favorite Dress up item(s): Pick your nose, brow studies, paint whiz. I used to be obsessed with the Midnight Bacon Run make up, but not so much now. Most of my avatars are inspired by item-poses, so I like items that can stand out.
What inspires your avatars?: My favorite avatars to make are quirky misfit girls, but sometimes I'll mix it up and do other styles. Usually, I start with a specific item pose and build up the avatar around that or just play around and mix different color schemes.
What you hope to get out of the guild: Avatars are my main activity on Gaia, and I'd love to have a place to talk avatars, get inspired, and also maybe do some challenges.

A little bit about yourself (can be anything, as short/long as you like!): I'm pretty much an arty IT nerd who likes playing dress-up on a forum site. My profile has some more info if you're curious.

Hekiko

Fashionable Bunny

26,200 Points
  • Master Converter 500
  • Foolhardy Benefactor 500

plexxrominus

Friendly Giver

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2021 11:01 am
Name or Nickname: you can call me plexx
How long you've been on Gaia: 2009 but then in 2011 I took a 9 year hiatus. I've been back since 2020
Favorite Dress up item(s): pick your nose
What inspires your avatars?: my style is all over the place so I have a lot of inspirations! the seasons, horror movies, animals, etc
What you hope to get out of the guild: more inspiration and friends

A little bit about yourself (can be anything, as short/long as you like!): Hi! I love learning new things. I went to uni for 4 years but guess who's going back to school to learn something new? I'm going to be going into Advertising & Marketing and am so excited to start my new journey in September. I love a lot of things like tarot, anime, reading, and writing and am actually working on a book! I also love giving. I own a charity here on Gaia (link in siggy) and I pay for the person behind me at Timmy's once a month (more during the Christmas season). I've been in an existential crisis since I was 4 3nodding

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2021 2:54 pm
Name or Nickname: Astro (she/her/they/them)
How long you've been on Gaia: Made an account in 2018 but wasn't as active until recently.
Favorite Dress up item(s): Merchant Halfing Ears, Playful Manner, Dark Freckles.
What inspires your avatars?: Many different things depending on how I'm feeling but the most I like are more floral, garden, plant designs.
What you hope to get out of the guild: I would love to talk about avatars and get inspired!

A little bit about yourself (can be anything, as short/long as you like!): I really like drawing. I have been trying to get my skill higher and get better. I know I have a long way to go but I really like how far I have come without giving up. I also like pottery.  

Astroplxnts

Professional Egg

DawnLuna

Vice Captain

Hilarious Phantom

15,675 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Married 100
  • Empyrean Scribe 0
PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2021 4:32 pm
Hello!
Name or Nickname: Dawn or Luna
How long you've been on Gaia: Since 2009 but took a hiatus, and came back a few years ago. This is my original account.
Favorite Dress up item(s):Um. a nose for sure, talker items, body mods
What inspires your avatars?: Anything! Mostly the item poses though and color schemes.
What you hope to get out of the guild: Talk about avis and items, inspiration, hopefully some contests and challenges.

A little bit about yourself (can be anything, as short/long as you like!): I love making avis and participating in contests. I know quite a few colors schemes so I can help with that. I also have a closet thread and a color scheme guide if anyone wants to check them out and give suggestions smile  
PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2021 3:04 am
thanks for making a template! gaia_kittenstar emotion_bigheart
and for the invite, it's nice to meet you all!

Name or Nickname: Vivi, Moxalunos, or Mox
How long you've been on Gaia: according to gaia...3991 days (11 years, tomorrow). On this account that is. My og had many years as well, totaling up to probably half my life.
Favorite Dress up item(s): too many to list here so I'll gladly share later, but underrated favorites: Entomophobia, Jailer's Keys, Chicky, and all the bug friends
What inspires your avatars?: music, media, art. a lot of my own personal struggles and experiences. I don't speak about it much, but I have synesthesia and it's often the driving force behind my creative process and such.
What you hope to get out of the guild: I wanna share tips, see cool avis, take part in contests, just chit chat with others about whatever. mostly excited to see others avis and hear about new/old items I might want to add to my collection. lol

A little bit about yourself: Other than gaia, I'm into art, video games, tons of random hobbies. I play animal crossing a ton, both new leaf and new horizons, so always up for gaming! Kind of like a jack of all trades, I just like to dabble in just about anything that captures my interest. Here's a link to my art too if anyone wants to check it out. emotion_yatta  

Ensavondel

Sparkly Strawberry

Ten v11

Lunatic

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2021 4:20 pm
Name or Nickname: El Ten Eleven
How long you've been on Gaia: since 2008?~
Favorite Dress up item(s): I always use Charming Baronet (mouth item) with a combination of royal talker or any of the talker items, also stuck with using exorcibling pants.. not really any good pants for guys imo that have nice proportions.
What inspires your avatars?:ehhh, every few weeks i check the avi builder to see any new items, and if I see one I like, I usually create an avi around it. finding inspiration for dude avis is hard af
What you hope to get out of the guild: inspiration ig, without towns or rally i cant really lurk around and find any cool item combos or sets I want.

A little bit about yourself: probably one of the few males on gaia who really likes creating male avis LOL gotta find more male closets in avatar talk :/

[I keep my equips and ghosting off] BUT feel free to ask anytime what im wearing or even to turn on ghosting for a bit!  
PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2021 6:45 am
Hiyeeee Everyone,
Name or Nickname: Orb of Night or Orby,
How long you've been on Gaia: Since 2005 I believe.
Favorite Dress up item(s): I don't have a specific item i love to dress up as, always looking to get new items to play around with.
What inspires your avatars?: Usually my mood or when i'm listening to music, it inspires my avi atm.
What you hope to get out of the guild: Meeting new friends to inspire each other of dressing up. Also to look to maybe trade items with other members to play with avatar.

A little bit about yourself (can be anything, as short/long as you like!): I'm like a big kid at heart.I'm also an Early Childhood Educator, hence why I love to play dress up with the children at work as well.
I love playing video games, doing some doodles of art here and there.  

Orb of Night

Aged Fatcat

Aidylasia Fyrestar

Tipsy Kitten

12,000 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2021 4:13 pm
Name or Nickname: Aidylasia/Aidyla
How long you've been on Gaia:um...my original account dates back to 2007. cat_ninja The Original Aidylasia cat_ninja
Favorite Dress up item(s): Hmm...to many to list. cat_sweatdrop
What inspires your avatars?: cat_mrgreen Anime, RL, Games, Books, Imagination cat_cool
What you hope to get out of the guild: cat_4laugh Ideas for new avis! cat_4laugh
A little bit about yourself (can be anything, as short/long as you like!): heart Navy veteran, Mother, Gamer, Anime-lover, wife, supernatural-enthusiast, ghost-believer, Christian, spiritualist. heart  
PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2021 11:24 pm
Aidylasia Fyrestar

Hi, Aidyla. What a cool name!
Thanks for joining us ^_^

Orb of Night

Heya, Orby User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
I like your idea of trading. Maybe we can get a bartering thread of some kind going in here.
Thanks for introducing yourself c:

unlucky skin

Fanaction

Original Vampire

17,975 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Befriended 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2021 9:08 pm
Hi.

Name or Nickname:Fanaction. It doesn't contract to anything cute,sorry

How long you've been on Gaia: 2009. Wandered into zomg from Disney's Fairies

Favorite Dress up item(s): Hairstyles.

What inspires your avatars?: Cosplay mostly.

What you hope to get out of the guild: Playing with avi's. The Avatar Talk forum is Kinda dead.

A little bit about yourself I'm a real downer when I get introspective. sweatdrop  
🌸 Avatar Alley | MAIN 🌸

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 13 14 15 16 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff