Welcome to Gaia! ::

Echoes of Pern [Closed]

Back to Guilds

A Dragonriders of Pern B/C RP 

Tags: Pern, Dragons, Dragonriders, Role-Play, Fantasy 

Reply [IC RP] High Reaches Weyr
[PRP] Not Quite Strangers (R'him & M'zhir)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Cheri

Vice Captain

Interstellar Pirate

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2021 1:00 pm

Although M'zhir had briefly reconnected with some of his former fellow Western Candidates leading up to Anakumath's clutch's Hatching, he had honestly been so busy as a new wingrider that he hadn't had a chance to look into who had Impressed. So it was that when he all but ran Rahimar - now R'him, according to Kirath - he was taken by surprise by the not so little bronze at his side. In the Weyr Bowl to give Kirath a good scrubbing, M'zhir was blindsided by this new discovery.

"Rahimar," he said out of habit.

R'him, Kirath corrected absently, glancing curiously at the young bronze beside his rider's 'friend'. Acquaintance? What did one call such an association? Closing his wings onto his back, the slightly older bronze crooned a greeting to his fellow. Hello, Hybreoth. For who did not recognize the striking fellow from the drama of the Sands?

Uta

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2021 6:19 pm
With a bucket of oil in one hand, and a series of brushes in the other, today was bath day for Hybreoth, with a good oiling to follow. The bronze dragon was growing like a weed, but that meant near daily-oiling for the growing bronze. Eventually the itching would ease, and the overwhelming discomfort he felt through Hybreoth, but there was no doubt that his bronze was going to be big. That meant making up a lot of ground, and growth spurts happening each seven day.

Already, Hybreoth was a beast--and he wasn’t anywhere near full grown. R’him couldn’t help but be proud. He’d never had any expectations when it came to Impressing; while he had always felt confident some dragon might find him a worthy choice, he never had any expectations when it came to color. A dragon was a dragon, after all, no matter their size. But Hybreoth--the bronze was certainly something else. R’him was, of course, grossly biased but he couldn’t help but continue to be head-over-heels enamored with his lifemate. He was the most handsome, most glorious dragon on Pern--and he didn’t care what anyone else said or thought. He was not, perhaps, the easiest creature to get along with--but R’him knew his dragon inside and out, and wouldn’t trade him for the world. They truly complimented one another.

”Rahimar.”

The voice pulled him out of his reverie and he found himself looking up to a strangely familiar face. It took but a moment for him to place a name with said face, before a smile cracked his features. “Meyzhiral!” He exclaimed, surprise coloring his words. “By Faranth, it is you! Shards, I completely forgot you were stationed here now, too.” Though stationed wasn’t quite the world. R’him quickly remembered how his fellow Western weyrling had not returned from High Reaches after one of their Hatchings, but that had been well over a Turn prior. “I see High Reaches is treating you well--what a handsome beast he is, certainly!” He complimented, giving Kirath a low-whistle. While Hybreoth was large, he was not yet full-sized and Kirath was still significantly larger.

Hybreoth, for his part, was quick to point out to His, His name is M’zhir now, and this is Kirath. A fine bronze, though not near as handsome as I. The young bronze proudly and privately reminded His. Still, he was quick to give Kirath a little pose as he craned his neck this way and that, and conveniently stretched out a few of his wings. His eyes whirled a blue-green in content pleasure, and he offered a happy rumble back to Kirath. Good day to you, Kirath. I trust you and Yours are in good health?

”Mr Cheri”

Uta
Captain

Shy Mage

Cheri

Vice Captain

Interstellar Pirate

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2021 4:11 pm

If Kirath watched in bemusement as his rider picked up and swung around the other rider - a weyrling, at that - surely he could not be blamed. I do apologize for my M'zhir, he found himself telling the younger bronze, instead of immediately responding to the other's words. We are very well. And you? The answer was all but implied by the way his rider was behaving. At least he'd had the good sense to put R'him back down, even if it had taken a moment to do so.

"Hey. I'm glad you Impressed here too," M'zhir told R'him, a grin splitting his face. "You're a sight for sore eyes. No one here seems to know how to have a good time." Not that he was always in a partying mood, but the jests he'd made to some of his fellow weyrlings and wingriders hadn't quite gone over as he'd hoped. Not everyone enjoyed the macabre as M'zhir did. There was some light scarring on his face and arms that hadn't been there before, but what riders didn't have a little of that?

At minimum. "I could say the same for you. He's stunning," he told his friend, not quite able to keep the grin off his face. "For fair warning, it's all business here." Although High Reaches riders definitely knew how to play when it came down to it, between drilling and Threadfighting there wasn't much time for the sort of things he'd gotten up to as a younger man.

Uta

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2021 10:01 pm
R'him gave a laugh as he was scooped up, surprised, but thoroughly chuffed. It was clear either of them Impressing, or time and distance apart, didn't change their easy affability. Hybreoth looked in surprise at the sudden capture of his rider, though R'him was quick to settle his young dragon's concern. Easy now-- We're old friends. He's no threat. He sent lovingly. Soon as his feet were back on the ground, the rider did move over to Hybreoth, to give him a fond thump on his shoulder.

As you should be. Hybreoth concurred with the older Kirath, wings rustling in minor annoyance. I dare say, Mine shouldn't be handled so roughly or with such indignity. He is a rider of great importance. He was HIS thank you, and that was saying a lot as far as the proud bronze was concerned. Thankfully, this M'zhir fellow was quick to unhand his--and if Hybreoth gave the other a long-suffering look, it couldn't be helped.

Hmph.

That M'zhir complimented him and called him stunning did mollify the bronze but only just so. At least the stranger had good sense and seemed genuinely thrilled to behold him and His. Quite sensible, really--and a sign of good taste and breeding.

R'him was pleased to catch up with his old Candidate companion. Between M'zhir and R'nori, R'him was beginning to feel a little more at home. Not that Western had really been home--but it had been stable, and he'd gotten to know quite a few rather well during his Turns spend on the island Weyr. "Nice to know my style of entertaining was missed," he mused, "Though with how cold it gets here, I might need to find a new hobby." His craft wasn't suited for the cold peaks, though he was grateful that the weather was finally beginning to turn. Winter would have been unbearable without Hybreoth. "Work hard, play hard, so's what I hear is the High Reaches way. Figure I can dive into the latter well after we graduate." Or at least after they get their own weyr. "You look great though, even with a few new battle wounds. Happy here in the mountains?" He asked, curious.

Not everyone appreciated the Weyr and Impression didn't always indicate staunch loyalty. For R'him, the Weyr was home solely because Hybreoth would never dare to leave. That was just as well for him though-- his home was solely with Hybreoth.

Mr Cheri

Uta
Captain

Shy Mage

[IC RP] High Reaches Weyr

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out