Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Uta
Captain

Shy Mage

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2021 9:53 pm
He had Impressed.

He. Had. Impressed.

He -- Y'zor, as he would now be known -- had come to the Weyr and Impressed.

He had Impressed.

There was a baby dragon standing right next to him, eyes whirling a green-blue in pleasure, even as the hold boy tried to comprehend what this meant. He had only just been brought to the Weyr the night before--had only barely gotten his things folded up into the chest at the foot of his cot--and now he would be moving to the weyrling Barracks.

Y'zor had hardly known what to do when he'd been told to get into his very plain white robe the Weyr had been so kind as to grant him; he had hardly known what was expected of him as he'd been ushered off to the hot Sands ad found himself staring at twitching eggs. Before he knew it, baby dragons were running amok around him -- some drawing near, some staying away, and each of them making their way towards Theirs.

It had been both terrifying and incredible--but amid his great uncertainty, a brown dragon had sought him out and the most wonderful, beautiful, amazing, incredible feeling had come over him. One moment he had been alone, a displaced holder's son with no land, no title, and no future; the next, he was chosen by a beautiful, clever, and most wonderful brown dragon named Isiyaloth.

And now, he was a dragonrider. A weyrling, really--or so he'd been told. His brown dragon had been telling him all sorts of things, and Y'zor was absolutely head-over-heels in love. But he was also completely in over his head. Nobody else seemed amazed that dragon's spoke so much; nobody else seemed amazed that he knew exactly how Isiyaloth felt at any given moment, and that his drgaon had HIS own name--his very own name!. If Y'zor hadn't been so happy he would have felt a fool (something which would surely come later.)

For now, the young man sat with his brown glued to his side. He knew not a soul, and while some strangers he come and congratulated, and asked about Isiyaloth, and had given him random names he knew for sure he wouldn't remember--for the most part he stayed well out of everyone's way. He didn't know anyone at the Weyr, though his upbringing had allowed him to recognize a few faces, or put some names next to shoulder knots and colors; but Y'zor wasn't going to interrupt or introduce himself. Instead, he would sit in wide eyed wonder at the gathering, with his brown's head settled upon his lap.

Part of him wondered if he was the only one here without family to celebrate with--but he had Isiyaloth now. And right now, that would surely be enough. What else could he possibly need?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2021 5:31 am
Ismay was lost.  Her entire life had been turned upside-down yet again, and while this time it had been in a good way - an amazing way - she was in a state somewhat akin to shock over the baby green who stared patiently and adoringly up at her.  For Lunalth did adore her, and for Ismay alone was a wellspring of warm, unconditional love.  As the Feast bustled about them, Ismay could do little more than sit and stare back at those blue-purple eyes, her head swimming with half-formed thoughts and emotions.

Lunalth had, in a matter of moments, smoothed the raw, bleeding edges of the grief she'd been carrying for so long, and Ismay hardly knew what to do without it, as the pain had become so much a part of her and who she was.  The loss and sadness were still there - she'd frankly have felt robbed if they'd been taken from her completely - but the constant ache was gone.  It no longer defined her very existence: Lunalth did.  This wonderful, beautiful, plain-spoken green.  But it was bittersweet, as in her heart, Ismay knew that they were doomed, just like Z'shaei and Ulimeth.  Just like every other rider and dragon.  One day - if they made it that far - Thread would take them, the inescapable fate of any pairs forged in such a time.  It wasn't a terrible thing, she reasoned...no, perhaps it was for the best.  At least, when the end came, they would have each other.

Must you get so far ahead of yourself, Mine?
Lunalth queried dryly. It will be months yet before we do anything that is likely to kill us.  What you should be doing, instead of thinking fifty paces ahead, is eating.  I can feel that you are hungry, and it's rather a distraction, if I'm honest. Ismay knew already that she was, always. Get yourself some food and eat up before it gets cold.

Distantly, Ismay knew that her dragon was right, that she was hungry and needed to eat, it just seemed like such a mundane, far-away concern compared to everything else.  But regardless, she rose from where she'd planted herself and went to peruse the tables with Lunalth on her heels.  Though her body was hungry, she was too in her thoughts to be craving anything in particular.  It was all just...food.  So she came away with a meat pie, some vegetables, and a bubbly pie for after, mostly because it checked all the boxes for being a full meal.  When she went to return to her seat, she found it had been occupied in her absence, and rather than try to reclaim such an unimportant thing, she ventured off in search of another, which eventually brought her and Lunalth to a spot next to one of the other newly-bonded pairs.

"Hullo," she offered simply as she settled herself.  Ordinarily, she'd have asked if the seat was taken or if he minded, but her mind was full of a thousand things clamoring for attention, and not everything made it through the dull buzz of them, so she simply focused on what Lunalth had asked her to do: eat, which required a place to sit, and she wasn't going to flit about looking for yet another spot.

Isiyaloth, Lunalth acknowledged.

Uta

Meepfur
Crew

Uta
Captain

Shy Mage

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2021 11:14 am
Isiyaloth's eyes changed from a bright purple to blue-green, and Y'zor felt a sudden surge of eagerness in the brown. The feeling's he was getting from the little dragonet were fascinating and absolutely amazing--to feel things that weren't his own thoughts, to share such a bond was absolutely overwhelming to the young man--and he was still trying to process it.

My clutchmate approaches with Hers. The brown dragon explained, even as he crooned greeting and welcome Lunalth and Ismay.

Sure enough, Y'zor looked up just as Ismay sat down with food. He didn't know who she was but that was hardly surprising--he had been Searched just the day prior, and now, he was here with Isiyaloth by his side. Still, she had a pretty green next to her, and he was glad to finally start meeting some of his fellow clutchmates. "Hello," he greeted back, a shy smile on his lips. It was hard not to want to smile--and such a thing was so foreign to him.

Was he simply being a fool or was this how they all felt? And where were his manners? "Er, forgive me--" he quickly added, standing up so he could give her a quick and proper bow, first to Ismay, then to her little green. "I'm afraid I'm forgetting my manners now that I've Impressed, and that... That won't do." Honestly, Y'zor didn't know how dragonriders were meant to act--but surely, it was well and good and to be a gentleman. Even if his smile felt permanently glued to his features.

Isiyaloth crooned happily at Lunalth, genuinely pleased to see her.
Sweet Lunalth, I am happy to finally get to spend time with you outside the egg, and to better get to know Yours. I trust you and she are well this most auspicious day? Like rider like dragon, Isiyaloth was nothing short of a gentleman, and was eager to ensure Lunalth and Hers were comfortable and well.
Meepfur

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2021 10:39 am
Ismay hadn't noticed that he'd forgotten his manners she was focused on her own matters, and even if she had not been, said manners were rather more stringent than she was used to. She didn't expect him to stand just because she arrived, let alone bow - to her and to Lunalth - as the sense of good manners she'd been raised with, or had gotten used to in the Weyr, didn't extend to being quite so formal, especially as she was at best his equal in rank. They were both no more than newly-minted weyrlings, after all, and he a brownriding one at that. A bow was certainly not owed. She blinked slowly at the display.

"It's fine," she said finally, with a slight wave of her hand - roll and all. "Lunalth and I don't need all that."

Lunalth was quiet for a long moment after Isiyaloth responded to her greeting with a croon before going on to offer a wordier welcome. By the time he'd finished, she had decided to bestow the brown a boop of the most decorous kind - it was their hatchday, after all, and so a touch of affection would not be misplaced. She then sat primly beside Hers, her eyes calm wells of blue. I found her, so we are well, she answered after another pause for consideration. We will see if it yet proves ausipicious or not.

Uta

Meepfur
Crew

[IC RP] High Reaches Weyr

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas